Two Sister?s Farm

Tellarian

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have reset the camera to a lower quality setting, this means I can get more images on the memory card.
The only thing I'm not too keen on is the instruction manual which is on disc and not hard copy, but then I am very old fashioned and I was a printer in my working life.

The quality is very nearly as good from a posting pictures point of view as can be seen from the following pictures.

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

Peter M

• 2 years later...
A few more pictures of my rail tractor loosely based on one made by Muir Hill.
I was given a very damaged Fordson 27N for the scrapyard next to the work shop, but it was too good to throw away so I made a chassis for it from plasticard. It runs on a Tenshodo four wheel bogie.

rushden11009.jpguntitled2.jpgIMG_1494.jpg

Thanks Sean,

The figures come from various sources mainly military personal that I have modified with a scalpel and file.

The old 1/32 Airfix motor racing figures are good if you can find them, I will try to find a contact as I think they are still made.

Master Box do a series of military and French civilian figures that can be modified as well. All the military figures are 1/35 scale

but that doesn't matter as people are all different sizes any way.

Regards Peter M

Sean, I have found the site I was thinking of it is

Pendle Slot racing.co uk

Look under Track Accessories they have a large selection of figures mostly related to motor sport.

Many you could repaint, even a few scantily clad young ladies to excite your tractor drivers.

Well worth a look.

Another useful site and worth a look is

http://www.miniart-models.com/

Hope these are of some use to you.

Regards Peter M

MB86

The trucks on the layout are pure fiction, but I saw some pictures of a Bedford OB truck running on a narrow gauge railway in New Zealand and that gave me the idea. Since then I have found out they had rail trucks in Russia, East Germany, the USA, China and today in Romania.
The farm railway is something that could have happened but of course didn't.

Peter M

A few pictures I took of Two Sister's at the exhibition in Stow on the Wold.
It is a fabulous venue in a charming Cotswold town. The show was very well attended by a record crowd, despite the glorious weather outside. Many of the visitors were tourists from abroad who just dropped in.

IMG_0451.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

The view looking out of the window from the operating side of my layout at about 9 30 am just before the show opened. All this and cream cakes to die for!

The quad gun tractor has always been popular with the public at exhibitions and it's a bit of a favourite of mine too.  I am always surprised at the number of people that come up to me at exhibitions and say “I have driven one of those”.
Now I have a decent camera taking pictures has added a new dimension to my modelling.

IMG_1473.jpg

IMG_1474.jpg

IMG_1475.jpg

IMG_1476.jpg

IMG_1477.jpg

A few pictures of the quad shuffling wagons around the yard late one afternoon.

Archived