Two Sister?s Farm

Tellarian

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh Noooooooooooooo  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

That's awful Steve. What a pain in t'arse. Hope he didn't lose any important work on info. Pass on my regards if you speak to him please.  :)

• 1 month later...

Regret to say Peter (Broadoak) will not be posting any more - his PC became virally infected and he has severed his intenet connection.

He has to clean his machine, get a good antivirus and come back on-line because we will miss him.  Give him my regards and say I still want to see Two Sister's in the flesh.  I was looking forward to seeing it at Toytrac.

• 1 year later...

tsf141.jpg

After a lapse of two years I now have an internet connection once more, broadband this time.

I have not been idle in my absence from the forum but have exhibited the layout some twenty five times. I have also made a few more items of motive power and added a few more figures.

Best wishes to you all.

Peter

• 5 weeks later...

I am pleased you like it Mandy but it’s a bit more than a diorama, it’s a fully working model railway in 1/32 scale.

tsf143.jpg

Although thinking about it you are probably right, it’s a diorama with movement.  A close up of the Opel Blitz rail truck leaving the yard.

Peter

Thanks for that Tris I’m glad you like it. Here’s another helping.

img0019ly.jpg

img0020m.jpg

These pictures were taken by a visitor to a two day show I did in Corby two years ago.

He took pictures of all the layouts at the exhibition on the Saturday then gave us all a CD on the Sunday morning before the show opened.

They are a couple of views that you get when looking at the layout from the viewing side.

Peter 

I thought the area by the cold frame looked a little bare so I got the Britain’s group of figures. The dairy maid I re-painted and she is now seen feeding the free range chickens.

tsf014.jpg 

tsf053.jpg

3sisters006.jpg

The farmer character is standing next to the greenhouse in front of the fence just keeping a watchful eye on what’s going on in the yard. He can be seen in the previous post.

Peter

tsf026.jpgThe The little loading dock is very easy to make Tris it’s all made of balsa wood to fit the space I had on the layout.

Incidentally I saw a photograph of your farm workshop in Model Tractor magazine, excellent work I thought.

A couple more photos of tractors being serviced outside the workshop. 

3sisters004.jpg

Peter

This may be of interest to you Tris but I may be exhibiting Two Sister’s Farm at Newbury in 2011. I will know for sure later this year, it depends if they have got room for me.

If it doesn’t happen in 2011 then we will definitely be there in 2012, I will let you know the date nearer the time.

Will I need a passport for Newbury?

Regards Peter

Newbury? Passport? . . .. I think all you need is a betting slip and a statement of home re-mortgage!! :laugh: :laugh: I'd come just to see this if the dates were good with me, Newbury is only an hour or so away from me.

Thank you for the compliment, always appreciated.  :)

dscf0199s.jpg 

A couple of pictures illustrating the small details that I think make the model look more realistic. The engine shed is made from bits of the orange and green coloured Britain’s barn kit. Cut to fit and glued together with liquid Humbrol poly cement, then painted with acrylics to look like asbestos cement. The work bench is made from balsa wood painted with thin washes of acrylic paint. The tools, vice, and tool box are Italeri and the other items are odds and ends from my scrap box.

The TVO tank is an HO scale oil tank sitting in plastic supports painted to look like concrete. The sight glass is made from a paper clip. The oil drums and cans are Tamiya items.

tsf090.jpg

Peter

dscf0196s.jpg

dscf0198s.jpg

The first picture shows a Simplex ex First World War veteran. The real farm at Nocton had seven of these at one time. Mine is scratch built on a commercially available chassis made by Model Power.

The second picture shows a Ruston locomotive, Nocton had two of these as well. Mine is scratch built with plasticard and runs on a Bachmann mechanism. The driver is a modified Siku seated figure.

Peter

Archived