UH model issues - Report them here

Andy

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Claas Dominator Giant Combine.

Before buying one of these models open up the box and check it over as some are turning up with the following faults, minor, but faults never the less.

Rear wheels wobbly (on all of them)

Rear wheel (one) found to have come off the axle due to hub 'pin' not pushed in the hollow stub-axle hole enough, easy repair but make sure any loose hub pins are in the box as they are tiny.

Headlamp/s missing. They are only push fitted not glued. on short stalks either side of the drivers platform.

Front guard-rail around drivers platform should be parralel to the line of the platform, some are not.

Drivers seat on some are not straight.

These faults listed are not major and do not detract from the combine being a fantastic model but still should be looked for especially when you are paying in the region of ?40 for one.    I will take some pics and post up a brief reveiw if anyone wants.

• 1 month later...

Claas Dominator Giant Combine.

Before buying one of these models open up the box and check it over as some are turning up with the following faults, minor, but faults never the less.

Rear wheels wobbly (on all of them)

Rear wheel (one) found to have come off the axle due to hub 'pin' not pushed in the hollow stub-axle hole enough, easy repair but make sure any loose hub pins are in the box as they are tiny.

Headlamp/s missing. They are only push fitted not glued. on short stalks either side of the drivers platform.

Front guard-rail around drivers platform should be parralel to the line of the platform, some are not.

Drivers seat on some are not straight.

These faults listed are not major and do not detract from the combine being a fantastic model but still should be looked for especially when you are paying in the region of ?40 for one.    I will take some pics and post up a brief reveiw if anyone wants.

Not seen or heard of that one yet ::) ::);D

problem is the next one will more than likely the the same rob, i dont think any of the bonnets are right, or steering

Sounds bad :( On this one, it seems that if it wasn't still in the packaging, the bonnet parts and fuel tank would have fallen off, I guess sending it back may not resolve this, but at least UH will eventually hear back about it from dealers if it is a common fault.

good point marky, mine on the red 35 do go opp ways as the links aint glued on by the looks of it

I have just taken my 35X out of its box and the offside front wheel has independant steering qualities - in other words the two front wheels wobble from side to side and the offside one is extremely loose

The wires needed a pair of pliers to untwist on all three new models and the Renault was twisted through some of the steering linkage so I had to be very careful removing them

and the hannd rails on back window are on the outside not the inside like they should be

That's a Numpty then, been looking on the MF website ,MF must have got it wrong as well, the full size tractors have got the hand rails on the outside. Must be poor quality control.

post-611-132638684682_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

I'm so grateful that UH have produced a 1/16th Ford 5000, and hope to buy one as soon as they are available. I'll probably order one from Farm Models as they are great people to deal with. :);)

But here we go again. >:(...........same as always...........lovely looking model spoiled by poor attention to detail. It's got the wrong stickers on the tank cowling, the correct one should say FORD Super Major, there should also be another decal on the side of the front cowling, white background with 5000 on it, And worst of all, yet again; they've got the sodding seat wrong. >:( >:(...........its in the "Tipped up" position so the rain runs off of it. No doubt it wont fold down as it should for driving. The seat cover moulded pattern is from the later "Force" range. The correct one had a thinner cover and a square panel moulded into the cushion with FORD lettering in it.  ::)  It was also a darker shade of blue than the tractor. The colour is spot on for the later type seat though. ;)

If I was building a prototype of such a tractor; I would want a full working explanation of the bits an' pieces and would very carefully study a hand book and some sales literature before I moulded anything.  :P::)

It certainly is a lovely looking tractor  :-* and the answers to my prayers, as I and many more of us will never have the opportunity to own an Ertl precision 5000 as they are now fetching well over two hundred quid.........assuming you can find one.  ;)