What really PLEASED you?

not trying to start a war here, but it seems jd recently have fallen foul of the same problems mf did a few years back ,brining stuff out without proper testing ect, mf did it with the 6000's the early ones, and other previous models, and loads of diehard farmers left them in droves,sounds like jd are going that way to unfortunatly

Mines the Autopower Chris, seems they are the ones that are trouble along with a few of the PQ ones

i suspected that gav even still harvest last year the farm had all 20's and a couple of 6600's they had there fair share of stupid problems with the 20's, a couple of weeks before i finished my 6920 had the valves/sensores things at the front of the cab suspension gave up  :D only 400hrs cab tilted foward ever so slightly and one of the 6620's 1500hrs on it and at 30k you would have swore the wind screen was going to fall out of it blody awuful thing, but i would still buy a 05+ 6920 tomorrow if it was the right money

Are the larger 30 series built on your side of the pond or are they built here in the states? We have a 8330 and a 6330 and both are great, no problems at all. (Knock on wood  ;D ) We also have a 7420 and the only problem that we have is this annoying rattle at certain RPM's. Then again these tractors are only 1-2 years old where as out 10 series loader has been here for quite a while longer and is only recently having problems.

Found out yesterday that I got the job that I had the interview for on Monday ;D ;D ;D

Well done Rob... when do you start  ??? ??? and more importantly have you ensured your new employers don't have a a firewall on photobucket ;) ;)

Thanks all for the kind words.

Well done Rob... when do you start    and more importantly have you ensured your new employers don't have a a firewall on photobucket

Start in January some time Bill, Back offshore in the North sea but it is a company job not contract so a bit more secure. Yes I ask for special photo bucket access ;D

what job was that,.....rather than search for it if its on here!

It is a job similar to the one I am in at the moment Ben but in the North sea north of Shetland either on a platform called Cormorant Alpha or Tern Alpha.

Is that you all set to get back to life at home now then Rob? Well done mate.

Sort of Tris still working away but this time less time away 2 weeks on 2 weeks off then 2 weeks on 4 weeks off. so in the long term less time away ;D

Had a call from a locasl farmer/contractor this morning. Winter work.  :) :) :) Got my number from a farmer I sent a business card out to. Third time the cards have come back with a phone call  :) :)

That sounds good Tris. I hope you get some nice jobs to do.

Texas

Cheers guys, it will be mainly doing logs as he is a big log trader (no sh1t puns intended  :D) But also does silage/straw baling etc so there may be other work later in the year if it doesn't interfere with my regular work.  :) :)

Pingu, write off ???