What really PLEASED you?

Having a great day out at Silverstone with all the lovely old (and new) Aston Martins and meeting some very nice people in the process. 

Best of all was a very special treat; I had been told there would be a surprise. It came as an invitation to visit the "holy of holies" of Silverstone, the BRDC (British Racing Drivers Club) clubhouse, which is protected from the plebs by a fence and security that would do justice to Buck House.

It was really a good day only spoiled by the fact l left my camera behind.

sold my landrover freelander for cash today ;D

now got to decide on what new small van to buy,whittled it down to a vw caddy tdi or a transit connect

i think the transit connect is a good option we have one at home, we bought it at an aution 14,000 mile for £2000 and its 02 or 03 some year out of the two of them. We brought it home painted it and put some stickers on it and hay presto a lot of flash for little cash. Fuel econmy is good i think we got roughly 600 mile to a tank nto quite sure however here is a picture of ours ( just as i have on on photobucket) "laught out loud"

Image040-1.jpg

sold my landrover freelander for cash today ;D

now got to decide on what new small van to buy,whittled it down to a vw caddy tdi or a transit connect

go for the transit mate, we had a connect from 04-07, dragged a 1 ton digger round with it and it only struggled on hills  ::) never had anything wrong with it either  ;)

Well this was yesterday my sprayer is being fitted with auto boom section control to help in odd shape fields :)

And then today 2 weeks left of coll and I move full time to Essex beware east anglia :D

our old mf 50hx is burning water so the head gasket is being done on her my dad asked as a joke would she put the silage your man said it wont be fair to make her do it and gave us a terex960 elite to try out for a few weeks :)

I offered the PCC my 6-year old ride-on mower to raise funds to be told that a young man in the village has been looking for a second-hand one.  He came round last night and is making a donation to the PCC for it. He also said if I need any heavy work done or tree removal etc he would be happy to do it.  How nice of him.

That is not what really pleased me - I discover he has a running Fergie TE20 (petrol/paraffin) that he bought complete with plough AND a  TE35.  He takes the TE20 to the charity ploughing match in Burbage every year.  Hmmm, I can feel a tractor ride coming on. 

Well good luck, Mark.

Sue that's great, I hope we get to see some ploughing mind. What with Marky Furrowcurve having a go, the standard isn't too high! :D

We'll see.  It will only happen if Danny lets me drive his old girl.  Keep your fingers crossed.

Apparently he was doing some work on a farm (he is a mechanic) and moving some old scrap metal found a tank containing Petrol/oil/paraffin mix for the Fergies.  The owner said it has been there for 30 years, tank in good condition and about 2/3 full.  He took a can of it to try and he says his Fergie loves the mix!