What really PLEASED you?

sounds like a shop down here , they do some lovely pies, well worth as detour to get them, just up the road from paulali infact, i bought one  on the way out to oakhapmpton, a 45 min drive from the shop, trip took me 1 hr infact and it was still hot, they loan asbestos lined gloves to handle them

Well my dad had a bowel scan a couple of weeks ago and he was called back for an appointment yesterday and well we feared the worst. On a plus point he was told not to worry he did not have bowel cancer but he had an enlarged vain or artery in his stomach. After he got home he got a call to get a blood thinning injection at his local doctors.

Today he was taken to ARI in a community bus for another scan. In the afternoon he was told he does not require injections over the weekend and he is back into ARI on Monday again.

In a way I'm pleased but still a wee bit concerned for him since well we don't really know what to expect next.

Anyway onward and upward life must go on...

Tomorrow I need to go and clear out a shed of his "junk" which has been stored in a shed at a friend of his and mine at Skene. Snow has brought down a silage pit roof and this shed will need to be disposed of..heaven knows what treasures I will find in there :-\

sounds like a shop down here , they do some lovely pies, well worth as detour to get them, just up the road from paulali infact, i bought one  on the way out to oakhapmpton, a 45 min drive from the shop, trip took me 1 hr infact and it was still hot, they loan asbestos lined gloves to handle them

wheres that then sean?

yelverton mate, the deli there, they sell hingstons pies from the butchers in plympton, apart from them ones from north devon (chunk pies) i aint found a better pie arround , steak and stilton and steak and ale are very nice, bacon and eggs good for a morning munchie on a long drive

yelverton mate, the deli there, they sell hingstons pies from the butchers in plympton, apart from them ones from north devon (chunk pies) i aint found a better pie arround , steak and stilton and steak and ale are very nice, bacon and eggs good for a morning munchie on a long drive

oh yelverton stores,yeah lovely pies mate,guess where im going tomorrow!!!!!!

Well my dad had a bowel scan a couple of weeks ago and he was called back for an appointment yesterday and well we feared the worst. On a plus point he was told not to worry he did not have bowel cancer but he had an enlarged vain or artery in his stomach. After he got home he got a call to get a blood thinning injection at his local doctors.

Today he was taken to ARI in a community bus for another scan. In the afternoon he was told he does not require injections over the weekend and he is back into ARI on Monday again.

In a way I'm pleased but still a wee bit concerned for him since well we don't really know what to expect next.

Anyway onward and upward life must go on...

Tomorrow I need to go and clear out a shed of his "junk" which has been stored in a shed at a friend of his and mine at Skene. Snow has brought down a silage pit roof and this shed will need to be disposed of..heaven knows what treasures I will find in there :-\

bugger that sad news about pops.......hope they sort it out for the guy.........I'm finally am clean of pnemonia so I know sickness is not fun.......and a card from sean that said gat eel  he never could spell for crap but he has a good heart.. ;)

Traci was well impressed with your veg Mark. I have to say, once I got your onions in my hands I was quite taken aback by the size of them too. . . . ! :D:P

:D :D .. I missed this post... thanks Tris... Mrs F says... and I quote... "Whilst his onions may be impressive.. his Courgette better fits the description of midget gherkin"  >:(

:D :D .. I missed this post... thanks Tris... Mrs F says... and I quote... "Whilst his onions may be impressive.. his Courgette better fits the description of midget gherkin"  >:(

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I thought Diane just had big hands!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::-\

Seeing Two Sisters Farm and meeting its creator, Peter.  It is better "in the flesh" as there is so much tiny detail that cannot be seen in photos and I am still entranced by the tree.

Drove to Newbury yesterday (all of 24 minutes) to visit the Model Railway exhibition at the Park House School.  Spent an enjoyable few hours viewing the layouts and [mostly] gossiping with Pete and his friend.  What was better still; I was allowed to drive it!  Now that was really great fun as, despite being a sexagenarian, I am a child at heart! 

Thanks Peter!

Seeing Two Sisters Farm and meeting its creator, Peter.  It is better "in the flesh" as there is so much tiny detail that cannot be seen in photos and I am still entranced by the tree.

Drove to Newbury yesterday (all of 24 minutes) to visit the Model Railway exhibition at the Park House School.  Spent an enjoyable few hours viewing the layouts and [mostly] gossiping with Pete and his friend.  What was better still; I was allowed to drive it!  Now that was really great fun as, despite being a sexagenarian, I am a child at heart! 

Thanks Peter!

I think people had their suspicions, Sue!

Stone the crows Ben....welcome back I have not seen or heard from the "numpty" certificate man for some time ;D

i know, working in London has taken it out of me the last few weeks!!, weekends come along and if i'm not with Harry i'm doing something else!.....no 'free' time!, even on the smart phone i struggle on the train! ;D ;D ;D

hopefully i may have a local job lined up soon.....but not yet convinced.....