What really PLEASED you?

Having had new specs just before going on holiday I was most annoyed when I had them knocked of my nose when my tailgate kicked back. Result was a scratch across the operative lens. Today I went off to the opticians to get a replacement lens ordered and guess what...

...they are giving me a FREE replacement lens! 8):-*

(No, Bill, not Costco!)

I haven't had a claim on glasses from Costco...well yet Sue ;D ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Today after taking mum and dad shopping to Morrison's and getting 6p off per litre of fuel if you spent over £40 in the store. I was requiring fuel anyway so I filled up with 55.02 litres and got the discount of £ 3.30 and that meant the cost per litre was £ 1.3090 or £ 5.95 per gallon...I can't remember when I put fuel in this year less than £ 6 a gallon so that did please me 8)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Having discovered my MOT was due to expire on 31st August I called, in desperation, an independent motor service business in Andover. "We are very busy since Approach went to the wall but bring your car down by 8:00 on Saturday morning and we will do the MOT and service for you."

Now that is what I call customer service and they do not even know me. They even drove me home!

Top man, Pat :) A new business venture on the horizon possibly or is this just to be utilised at home/work?

Pat. Mummy Maker.

8):D

Cheers tris, mainly it's for work but also a failsafe for if the bull goes infertile at home. Also it's something else to put on my uni application to stand out. It should help if I want to do any releif milking as well hopefully.

Alex, hopefully so

• Like 1

Got the harvest finished half two this morning, no more late nights for me, unless hired in to another farm that is

Yikes! :of Have you got a caffeine hangover today or do you have other ways of staying awake during the wee hours?

Cheers tris, mainly it's for work but also a failsafe for if the bull goes infertile at home. Also it's something else to put on my uni application to stand out. It should help if I want to do any releif milking as well hopefully.

Alex, hopefully so

Bright lad, you are Pat. Thinking about fail safes and uni applications, thinking ahead.... All that bodes well already mate. Good on you, infact..... bloody good on you.

pretty succesfull day overall, sorted the funeral out for the thursday we come back, was the earliest we could get anyway, so not to bad, sorted the death certificate and a few other bits, just the registrars to do, which sues brother will do tommorrow when hes down seeing his son of on his ship from devonprot, sadly he wasnt able to get the time off as he will be mid atlantic to the falklands for a 6 month deployment, and they cant sort transport down for him for 4 weeks ,the order of service cards all designed and printed out, just finished folding and stapling them up . cars all topped up with a few quid of petrol, bags packed ,passports ready ,cats dropped out the cattery, mothers dog out to the kennels, belly filled up inbetween the running round.

Today I sat down and watched the DVD of "Sitting Bull" 1954 film that I saw as a child. Well I may be getting old but my memory cannot be that bad as the film was exactly as I remembered it and what is more I actually enjoyed watching it. One disappointment was that one very memorable scene in the opening sequence was missing altogether but considering the fairly obvious fact that it was taken from a deteriorated celluloid reel (there were bad links in places where the film had been joined and the end was abrupt with no cast list) it was not to be wondered at.

Some of it was a bit corny (Hollywood type corn) but I expected the entire thing to turn out to be a bad "B" movie which it was not. I suspect it got a bad panning from the critics in the fifties because George Custer was not portrayed as a hero - quite the opposite - and it was relegated to Saturday Morning Pictures and the supporting "B" slot