What really PLEASED you?

boss has just turned up on his way back from shopping with his familly,no warning , with a huge chinese takeaway for us seeing as we are doing a long day for him, sweet and sour chicken x 4, bag of chips x 4, egg fired rice x 4 and 2 big bags of prawn crackers to share, good on the man, good job we didnt go to maccy d's as we planned

• Like 1

boss has just turned up on his way back from shopping with his familly,no warning , with a huge chinese takeaway for us seeing as we are doing a long day for him, sweet and sour chicken x 4, bag of chips x 4, egg fired rice x 4 and 2 big bags of prawn crackers to share, good on the man, good job we didnt go to maccy d's as we planned

Thats very nice of him Sean, something my boss would never do.

it was mate, aint looking forward to monday morn mind, i think a good part of its all over the floor of the van we ate in, we were in a hurry and limited cutlery to, so improvisation was key.and we couldnt be bothered to much after packing up to clean that out ,now just home and pretty full and tired, time for thatchers i think

• 2 weeks later...

My Peugeot pleased me today! After it started running on its own oil when the turbo failed; it stopped with a nasty clatter. I removed the back cam cover and couldn't find any damage. After fitting a new cam belt, replacement turbo and water pump; I started it up and it had a bad misfire. I was very depressed about it as I thought I'd have to take off both camshafts to replace broken rockers on the inlet valves. I started it up today to decide what I was going to do next and wondered when I'd have time to get on with it. Just out of curiosity I decided to rev it up as the misfire seemed to get better the faster it went.

All of a sudden the misfire disappeared and it ran as sweet as a nut. Now that really pleased me!

Getting my dear old Foden through the MOT test without any real problems. (The one in my avatar). We have a new operators license that we would like to add more vehicles to; so it's important that all of our trucks pass the test first time. I'm responsible for the maintenance and do the repairs myself; which is why I'm particularly pleased. ;)

• Like 1

Getting a visit from two constables from Grampian clearing up the confusion that was caused at the ARI when my uncle died suddenly yesterday. I only wish I had spoken with these two yesterday and not the one who phoned yesterday and wasn't very good at handling the situation. I suppose in any job trade or profession you get the good the bad and the ok ones. All that remains now is to wait for a call from the today's officer and go and identify my uncle's body. Not nice but has to be done and says the pain for my mum.

My Peugeot pleased me today! After it started running on its own oil when the turbo failed; it stopped with a nasty clatter. I removed the back cam cover and couldn't find any damage. After fitting a new cam belt, replacement turbo and water pump; I started it up and it had a bad misfire. I was very depressed about it as I thought I'd have to take off both camshafts to replace broken rockers on the inlet valves. I started it up today to decide what I was going to do next and wondered when I'd have time to get on with it. Just out of curiosity I decided to rev it up as the misfire seemed to get better the faster it went.

All of a sudden the misfire disappeared and it ran as sweet as a nut. Now that really pleased me!

Nearly finished putting my Peugeot back together. Filled up the cooling system so I could give it a longer run than it had previously............ aaaaaaaand it actually moved under its own power . :) Once I've finished putting it back together I can get on with getting it ready for the MOT. Bad news is though the ESP/ASR light has come on. I suspect that was because I turned one wheel with the ignition on. I hope it will go off when it gets driven on the road,

Oos_AlexanderJenkins (3).pdfWell today after my uncle Sandy's funeral I got home and phoned mum to see how she was as his only sister and who had tended to him since 1978 after giving up the family farm. Brought a tear to my eye when mum said Sandy would have been proud of how I arranged the funeral and seen to his wishes...well but hey ho that's me ...if I take on a job it gets done and done right.

Here is a copy of Sandy's order of service....although I was only 2 and 1/2 when mum took this photo I remember Katie the Clydesdale aged 18 and here she is shimming neeps and grandad is is the background. And the collie dog is Craig...funny name for a dog I thought ...but I have since found out why.

• Like 1

A chap of 88 who I delivered a two tonne load of logs today. Frail old chap, not in very sharp shape after a couple if strokes but a regular and very loyal customer. Treated me to a cup of tea, homemade mince pie, a Double Decker and a fiver tip! Not to mention a chew for Zia. Lovely old boy :)

• Like 1

the picture adds a nice touch to the order off service

Sorry to Here about your loss Bill

Thanks Ben. Some of his friends from the Horticultural and vegetable societies he was involved in thought Katie was the collie dog ;D ;D