What really PLEASED you?

After sixteen weeks, our bedroom furniture will be delivered this Saturday :) As it is four weeks over the upper side of their delivery window they also agreed to put aside the delivery charge only applicable on Saturdays too. Double whammy!

Wow.  As you say "Double Whammy".  As they are so far behind it is the right thing (and good PR) to waive the charges after all you did not request Saturday delivery.   Who says there is no Father Christmas!

Exactly, Sue. We certainly wanted it before Christmas but with Traci off today and yesterday and me off out trucking Thursday and Friday, it left only Saturday. Going back to their initial ten to twelve week window and we could have worked with them. Good PR on their part as you say, if you don't ask...... As they say! :)

Just received an email from the hotel where I shall be spending Christmas.  As I will have medication that needs to be stored in a fridge I asked if they had fridges in the rooms.  The answer was no but onte would be put in my room for the purpose!  What more can you ask? :angel:

It sounds like a bit of festive good nature is going around, Sue! :)

It sounds like a bit of festive good nature is going around, Sue! :)

Well my Christmas is not going to be cheap but I have heard nothing but good about the hotel and they seem to be living up to their reputation. 5 days and 4 nights with all food and entertainment laid on plus the ferry bookings and now I get my own personal fridge!  What more can one ask?

Oh I didn't say but it is the Royal Hotel in Ventnor on the IOW. 

Selling a big chunk of my model tractor collection off to a local collector who came to pick up some ebay buys. I've been considering it for a while now, just want to get rid of certain marques now and concentrate on a couple or three rather than the whole lot so in future it'll just be Claas, Ford and Case here.

Finding out that the deal set by the new owners of hws plant hire didn't include any machinery bought after the start October 2012 wasn't included in the deal, so I've been left with the js145w, a JCB 3cx a 8018 and a JCB 541-70 loadall, just need to find a place to store them now

• Like 1

All ready managed to get work for 8018 and the loadall with the company I'm bricklaying for, is a good fleet for weekend work and would be good to start up a small business, but not ready to think about that yet,

All ready managed to get work for 8018 and the loadall with the company I'm bricklaying for, is a good fleet for weekend work and would be good to start up a small business, but not ready to think about that yet,

So you kept a few machines then Harry? Good idea with the small business, I would love to do that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good news, Sue. I didn't think your house would take too long to sell, its a lovely hone in a beautiful part of the world. Hope the sale is swift and trouble free, likewise with your buy.

Fingers crossed, Tris.  I am now in a position to make an offer on another property.  I have two to see on Wednesday.  One is a second visit (I do like the house) and the other is a new one but is a stunning bungalow with a lot going for it.

I am sad to be leaving,  It is, as you say, a beautiful part of the country and it is in the country.  I shall be moving into a town albeit a small town but in the Vale of the White Horse which is another lovely area!