What really PLEASED you?

Got the 3095 hitched up to my grain carting trailer for the year, be giving it a once over tomorrow to make sure everything's ok, then we'll be hopefully harvesting by next week........Got some bales to lift this week from another local farmer though so I'll be clocking up the hours on my old girl once again........ :) :)

Finding out tonight that we still have "Our" hedgehogs in the garden, two weeks after they arrived. We see them occasionally, usually about 9pm. We have a mum and two babies that were still feeding off her when we saw them together. The babies are often left alone and call mum with a high pitched whistle. We also saw her carry one of the babies across the lawn by the scruff of its neck. They don't seem at all bothered by ours or our nine cats presence and carry on as if we weren't there.

They are doing a great job in the garden. We used to be over run with slugs and snails, but now only see a few. Isn't nature wonderful. We have wet summers and slugs and snails flourish. more slugs and snails means more hedgehogs surviving. Nature compensating again.

Heavy showers are predicted for tomorrow, so if we get the rain we've been promised, then the hedgehogs will have a banquet tomorrow evening, bless 'em.  :)

Bought a second hand Mitsubishi 2.2 Kva generator for a hundred quid. The owner bought it (New) for a carpentry job in March, put five litres of petrol in it while he was doing the job and hasn't used all the petrol yet. It's still under guarantee too.

I've bought it to use when restoring my Albion, as there is no access to power where it will be kept.

I've now got my motor home back on the road after seven years, and the Albion is next on the list. Buying a generator has overcome one of the biggest problems I had in starting it. I had a 5 Kva one a few years ago, but sold that to my bosses in a moment of stupidity, thinking I'd never have any use for it. Oh well at least I now have one that will run lights, grinders and my Mig welder.  :)

Grief what have you lot been up to while I've been off FTF... babies being born, hedgehogs everywhere... people finding long-lost farm models... I've missed you guys ;D

And what else pleased me (and only in a smug 'I told you so' kinda way) ... engine blew up on one of our firm's vans that was 4,000 miles overdue it's service and had been reported with a fault two days' earlier (a fact that the management chose to ignore) hmmm can't see we didn't warn them ::) Passed it on the A38 on the back of a recovery vehicle :)

Well done Kris, good for you. :) When you get down Plymouth let me know, there is a garden shed full of MF models which needs an air lift up to Wiltshire ;)

For me, I  got my Kv ploughs and though not unboxed yet they look awesome. Also, after six weeks I think my wages are on their way ::)

so more cash for the house saving scheme then? ;) ;) ::)

why would he do that, hes got a perfectly good farm to live on at present, leverets place i belive its called :D :D

Passed all my tests to get in the RN. Just waiting to hear from them with my date. Then its down to plymouth.  ;D ;D ;D:) :)

dam, best watch out then hadnt i, lock all the doors and place all the models in deep storage

Grief what have you lot been up to while I've been off FTF... babies being born, hedgehogs everywhere... people finding long-lost farm models... I've missed you guys ;D

And what else pleased me (and only in a smug 'I told you so' kinda way) ... engine blew up on one of our firm's vans that was 4,000 miles overdue it's service and had been reported with a fault two days' earlier (a fact that the management chose to ignore) hmmm can't see we didn't warn them ::) Passed it on the A38 on the back of a recovery vehicle :)

Mandy, it is more than that - it is JUSTICE being seen to be done.  Hallelujah!  Bet they don't learn from it though.