Two Oaks Farm. Home of JAG Contractors

Jez

Nice work Jez!!!

i'll ask again as i may have missed it? ???:-\, what did you use for the purlins, was it timber??, also the cladding, what have you used again?, i struggle to find much at times and hate buying it then find out its not right >:(. Need a load of the same stuff for stock! :D :D :D

Well ben, i stumbled across some corrugated card a4 sheets of the smaller corrugations and it was only 50p per sheet from a craft shop that wa closing down so bargain time.

I take it the purlins are the cross bits (beams?) yeah, i used 12mmx6mm strips of wood, a bit like pine but a bit softer then cut them in half length ways to give me 6mm x 6mm.

Make sense? I would have liked som skylights but not really worried as it's only a machine shed.

Looks great Jez. Let my know when you ship the barn ;D ;D

texas

Thanks, i need this one for my collection sorry  :D :D :D :D

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WELL DONE JEZ!!!

That implement shed is a work of art!

It's very impressive!

Whats nex?  ;)

Thanks Noel, not sure yet, I have the materials for a silage clamp but need some more wood and spray paint.

Also a garin drier, and two cattle sheds.

Thanks mate, hope to get them to a show sometime  ;) ;)

cheers Jez....yeah they are purlins!, the fix to the main columns, roof beams and the cladding fixes to them ;)

i take it wood fixes ok to painted plastruct then, not tried it to be honest, used all plastruct before....mmmmm i might try it next time!

yeah the sheeting is the problem, i get some form one place, then need more and cant get it anymore, never know how much to get!, Sean got my last lot, if i use plastic formed sheets from EMA, its the same everytime....but expensive! >:(

looks great!!, some minor detailing left??

you cant really see the difference in ground either ;) ;)

Tanks mate, i am really chuffed with the hardcore, i'll do the "How to" topic when I get tit sealed with some pva  ;)

great barn Jez, looks the bees knees with the machinery in it  :)

Thanks Potato man , chuffed with it alot  ;)

how do you make the A frames on the frot linkages mate great set up ;) ;)

They are UH ones from the tractors with the front linkages, I think like the valtra and massey etc????

thats great well done i really like the line up good work ;) ;) ;)

Thanks Cerin, you'll need to change your name soon Deere Boy  ;) ;) :D :D

your sheds looking really good  :)

Thanks Toy farmer, onto the next ones soon  ;) ;) :(??? :'(

Great build Jez, your giving me Ideas for my next shed  ;)

God stuff garret, they work really well on boards  ;) ;)

A few things mate.

Firstly it is nice to see someone who knows how to use the Quote feature  ::);):) and quoting/replying to them all in one post. Very proper.  :)

Secondly - the shed looks great, looks like you built it to a perfect size to hold that little lot of expensive gear. Nice job mate. Where in relation to the workshop will it go and have a rough idea of the dhape of the yard as to where the forthcoming buildings will go yet?

Also, gate looks great too. Surprising how well plastic with a dab of silver paint can look isn't it? Looks like steel to me in any case.

Job well done.  8)

very nice jez, i like that alot

Cheers Dan, see you at Grassland mate  ;) ;)

A few things mate.

Firstly it is nice to see someone who knows how to use the Quote feature  ::);):) and quoting/replying to them all in one post. Very proper.  :)

Secondly - the shed looks great, looks like you built it to a perfect size to hold that little lot of expensive gear. Nice job mate. Where in relation to the workshop will it go and have a rough idea of the dhape of the yard as to where the forthcoming buildings will go yet?

Also, gate looks great too. Surprising how well plastic with a dab of silver paint can look isn't it? Looks like steel to me in any case.

Job well done.  8)

Well Mr Wiltshire  ;) ;) Thankyou for the comments mate, it took a while to crack how to insert multiple qoutes but I got there.

Good to have you back mate.

Ok, it willl go next to the workshop as you can see below and I hope

to build another one or two to put some cattle in with feed barriers and wall around. Oh and a grain store and a straw barn but nothing too much  :-[:-[ :-[ :'( :'( :D :D :D

It worked out really well, two tractors per bay and loads of room for the implements behind.

Here are some pics of it in it's home position and a couple of the next build. Can you guess what it is yet??

P.S I managed to clad it by the time you were back  ;D ;D ;D

Nice building mate and your deeres are really cool ;D

Thanks mate, I have some more for the collection too but need somewhere else to park them  ;) ;)

Have a look in the JAG Contracting Topic, more / better pics there.

MachineryShed046.jpg

MachineryShed047.jpg

MachineryShed048.jpg

animal type shed??.... :-\

is that worktop from homebase? ???::)

Not an animal shed, animal feed ..........

The black one Ben?? No mate, from Wicks if that's the one you mean??

Great photo taken from low angle

The 1 with 3/4 view of JD with Self propelled in 1st bay  it almost looks real  :o :o :o;D;)

Thanks TT, that's the look I was going for  ;) ;) ;) ;)

nice shed the next one mabe a animal shed i think. Or a inside silage pit  ::) ::)

You got it Muzza, an outside silage clamp though  ;) ;) ;)

Very nice Jez you are a inspiration to our organisation  :D :D :D :D

Still think those 6420s are just the cutest little convos  ;D ;D

Simon, what a compliment, I do my best  :D :D :D :D :D

They are geat are'nt they  ;) ;) ;) I need another hedge cutter for it though  ;) ;)

Great photo taken from low angle

The 1 with 3/4 view of JD with Self propelled in 1st bay  it almost looks real  :o :o :o;D;)

My thoughts exactly  ;)

The sheds look great together mate, the layout should look very grand at this rate  8)