Jez

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Jez,

Nice project again and very nic pics. Would it not be realistic when you would slight the stonewall-elements in the steelbeams in stead of behind the beams? That is a way of building you usely see here in the Netherlands.

The one I have seen has the sectiond against the beams rather than inside them.

I think that my way would be stronger yes. I think it needs some marks on the wall though, some tyre marks and grass marks.

Thanks for the comments guys, they are great to hear  ;):D :D :D :D :) :)

A few updates:

Decided to try and make some stand alone sections to possibly split the silage clamp in half when finnished.

What do you think?

update004.jpg

update005.jpg

Stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill waiting for some grass to pickup  >:( >:(

update002.jpg

:D :D

i think you need to post me some of those sections! they look great! the detail on ya layout is spot on

Thanks mate, any news on said model??

looks nice jez ;)

Thanks muzza

I must appologise Jez as I hadn't seen your buildings before now    Must have slipped by

But may i say that you have made a good job of your sheds

Shall now keep up to date with your progress

Regards SMurF

Ok, last thing: Shoulf I paint the H beams red oxide colour or galvanised like the rest of my sheds?

Also, do people still sheet the sides of the clamp if it has concrete walls??

Yes Jez, sheeting  of the pit wall with poly sheet then folded under the top sheet protects the silage from air spoiling and also stops water from entering and spoiling the silage.

Great looking yard now Tris it's taking shape nicely  ;)

Really does look fantastic Jez. Impressed in the extreme mate. Keep the photos coming...

A few more soon but I have runn out of stone paint and time to really, I hope to have the walls and beams up and finnished by monday night...........

I must appologise Jez as I hadn't seen your buildings before now    Must have slipped by

But may i say that you have made a good job of your sheds

Shall now keep up to date with your progress

Regards SMurF

Wow, that is a compliment from you sir but appreciate you looking. Oh, and no appologies needed mate  ;) ;) ;)

Yes Jez, sheeting  of the pit wall with poly sheet then folded under the top sheet protects the silage from air spoiling and also stops water from entering and spoiling the silage.

Thanks Garret, I thought so.... I will need to get that for my competition entry then ;) ;) ;)

P.S Why has that quote appeared here mate?

Ok, last thing: Shoulf I paint the H beams red oxide colour or galvanised like the rest of my sheds?

Also, do people still sheet the sides of the clamp if it has concrete walls??

Sorry Jez slip of the mind, I must be getting old  :-[

looks nice  :D you putting a safty bar round the top or not

I am thinking of putting a safety steel cable, thats what we used to have.

what did u put on the board, i see the stone effect but what is the other one ???

I just sprayed the stone effect with some grey primer as mr muzza so correctly pointed out, well spotted!!

might be like he tried before, railway type gravel and cement i think?? ???:-\ :-\

Not quite ben but I have now found some PVA so if anyone can tell me ethe rough ration of it to water I would be very gratefull!

Well Jez I guess you beat me then!!! Although I have got some tiles stuck down I am know where being done yet.

This looks great mate, I love those concrete effect panels.  8)

Thanks mate, I have got the first wall sections up and gluing right now........

Is it only me who has a pic of tris in their head with tiles stuck to his fingers???