Whats on your workbench???

Using up some materials left lying around. A small wooden silage trailer, not based on any model in particular but would probably say it rates between 6 and 9 tons. What do people think so far?
017_zps3fcd6369.jpg
019_zps9b12fdec.jpg
021_zps19a08f80.jpg
I think it will be weathered up to look like its been left in the corner of a yard for a number of years hence the dodgy paint work so far.

James O0

• Like 1

started to re-assemble the Volvo today. got a little touching up to do where the white paint found a seam under the taped areas but nothing major, next steps onto the chassis( in red) but I need to sort the side stack exhaust for that before I get painting it

P1010922_zpsc04bc8a0.jpg

P1010921_zps2a06fd99.jpg

P1010920_zps6d254497.jpg

• Like 4

its coming along james, bit hacked of with the paint run, but they ain't to bad that I can not cover over them with a brush rather than re spraying it , have run out of the red for the chassis sadly , so that's a job for next weekend unless I get a free eve 

• Like 1

Yeah trailer will stay as a 4 wheeler but get dragged out to 35ft odd , which after a lot of hunting arround seems to have been the norm for arround that age , plus it needs to get I to ash tree for grain and beet haulage , I very nearly went for a lorry tipper , extending this trucks chassis , like we used to have for real all be it a leyland road train but decided it was to much work really

i did ponder getting a scalectrix leyland, but once I saw them the cabs way out for a so called 1/32 model, if I had more time I would see if the Volvos cab was castable??? but right now I just don't have time to try and get a mould etc ,perhaps if I get a 3 d printer and scanner that would be easier,

started the chassis this afternoon while waiting for paint to dry ,measures up at 33cm  or scaled up to real size, or 10.5 m which is 35 ft, but I think it may be a bit to long for a tandem axel tipper??? sure I have heard of 30 ft tippers?? but did they do anything else around that size does any one know, finding it hard to see much on google etc pics wise, if I go 30 ft I need to cut out 5cm of my extension so easy enough to do
P1010938_zpsbe13716a.jpg
P1010940_zpsccf28a0a.jpg

I recon I will trim it, I found some pics of one that's listed as 8 m or 25 ft ,but I am not sure if it means 8 m for the tipper body ,or the chassis??? finding pics of the 70/80s tippers is pretty dam hard I must say , only advantage is they seem to have pretty straight sides and head boards so no need to get rolls or curves into that at least 

You just jogged my memory Sean,try these http://public.fotki.com/Scottishtruckphotos/scottish-trucks/fife_region_haulier-1/tipper__tanker_haulage/ several thousand more here  http://public.fotki.com/Scottishtruckphotos/scottish-trucks/ just chose any name then click on bulk tippers,be patient though the site is quite slow,but there are thousands of photo's on there,here are the English ones, http://public.fotki.com/Scottishtruckphotos/english-truckslooki/english_trucks-1/

Regards

Joe.

Edited by catkom3