ash tree farm, tms farm work in progress

Tractorman810

no mate, i made that from the gash off cuts from the new tractor shed cladding / roof material, needed a feed tower for the pig units and what i had left in strips was just enough to make that,eventually i will get the tubes of the bottom into the unit for the auto feed system

its been on the layout a while now, is the latest piggery unit, was built ages ago, if you go back mid topic i think theres pics of it being built so to speak, jcb removing the grass ect, got some pics of the inside somewhere, basicly 6 sleeping areas with a central much area double gated to shut each side of when open, can get some better ones later if you want

009-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

Love that 575 very nice model, you might want to call a vet for that pig in the anderson hut, as it's on it's side with it's legs in the air  ::):D

i know mate i keep meaning to pick it up and always forget, only need a couple in front of each gate as you cant really see into the buildings anyway

Superb work Sean E Kins.. I can't make up my mind if I hate you out of sheer jealous rage... or I love you as you're so bloody skillful  >:(:-*:-[:D :D

neither its just cause i am so good looking really  :of:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Cheers Sean, I remember seeing it now! Memory must be slipping  :'(  ;D ;D 

it comes to us all scott honest :of :of  just ask marky :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sean, how is the workshop building fitted to its board in the display?, you could cut down some 6mm mdf and stick it underneath adding to the height??

its fitted with glue to a baord 4 times its sixe, it was a late addition in the layout, so wasnt planed as a seperate board see, i may yet just get a jig saw and carefully cut it out that way ,either way its got to come of the bigger board, everything else is built on baords to size

neither its just cause i am so good looking really  :of:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yep... you are neither good looking... or handsome.. or anything else nice  ;D:-*:P

it comes to us all scott honest :of :of  just ask marky :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Marky who ? .. what did you say ? .. who are you ? go away Dave  >:(

All looking good Sean, the Polyfilla looks great. I was well chuffed when I did mine - wouldn't think it was as long ago as it was now though. . .. time flies by mate. I remember someone on here mentioning tile grout mixed with PVA as well.... Any ideas? I should think the expansion strips will work just as well here as in real life as it will add lateral support and possibly help stop cracking.

Nice to see you at it again mate. If you pardon the phrase!

is nice to be back doing bits on it again mate, seems such a waste up there not being enjoyed properly, hopefully the workshop and that section will be raised saturday or sunday, pond put in and relaying the concrete section then, may yet move the other big pig unit thats at the back to where the muck heap is so its more seen and used, then the muck heap can go out the back out of the way as its not used quite as much , the pig unit just seemes wasted out of the way like that

well my order from mandys arrived, its at the sorting office to get tommorrow, but my water stuffs arrived seperatly, so with luck and her in doors letting me get away with it (should be raining tommorrow so that buggers up the plans  :of:laugh: :laugh: ) i will have that side finished, along with the work shop raised and the pond in,i then need to put a drop in between the raised half and the newer side, something like a bank, which will allow me to match the new concrete sections onto the polly filer without messing with all of that side, plus add some levels to the farm

well my next grass mat and track arrived today, well yesterday but i was at work, so back to ash tree this afternoon, got the track right up along side the small pig unit  now, and also got the basics of the pond fitted in to, the george poole water tank now has its water supply for the other buildings, and the allaeys has a water supply for spraying ,lots more to do round this including a fence along the front edge,

003-1.jpg

005-2.jpg

010-1.jpg

and after a lot of thought i have moved the big pig unit arround with the muck heap, it seemed such a waste in the corner where i coulkdnt get to it to use it within the scenes

009-2.jpg

008-2.jpg

final picture now, as you can see i have a level swap now withing the layout, the new surface will continue right up to the old barn at the back, but not round into the corner as you rarely see that, and it will match the depth of the new concrete roadway nicely to, the bit arround the workshop will be turfed now with a set of steps up to the side door

013-2.jpg

Looking great, Sean. Them grass mats are the bee's knee's. Better get hold of Mandy (steeeeady!!!) and order one I think  :)

Can I make a suggestion? Cement dust - run it into the expansion joints, or maybe even some soil just to take that new look away. Just and idea?

with you, still got a similar amount to do yet yard wise , before i seal it all down , seem to have lost my spray bottle at the moment for the water pva mix, also need to order some more bush material and trees i think, try and hide the roof lining a bit