ash tree farm, tms farm work in progress

Tractorman810

Lovely work, Sean - I've uploaded some of these pics for the website (I hope that's okay?). How easy were the water sheets to work with? As I said, I've stopped stocking them because I thought they were expensive, but they do look good :-\

Did you make the grain store? And how is the stone barn clad?

Sorry for all the questions, but Ash Tree is such an inspiration :-*:-* :-*

Oh now there's an idea. ...  of you fitted sky backing paper to some thin ply and grip filled it onto the rafters ...... They would come forward of the 'horizon' (rear most part of your display) as per real sky. Would give a great perspective and make the sky seem 3D. . .  :of :of :of

mmm see what you mean, i can do the back of the farm as such ok, its just the gable end wall, its the rafters that show, its a pretty shallow roof, so it would need to be a hell of a angled picture printed out if that makes sence

mandy

pictures are fine, can send you the origonals if you wanted

as for the  grain silos are george pooles creations, only one i have made wasnt to good, and wasnt actually round, more oval  :of

and the stone buildings were a product called scaleox, sadly now no longer made, must have been a good 4 years ago at least since i last got some, tris used it, as did ben, well he bought some just never made anything with it ::):laugh: :laugh:

the water sheets very easy to use, i just made the hole, cut the grass arround it and poped it into the hole, i traced the outline out on the sheet first so it matches, key seems to be getting somethign dark underneath it, that seems to add depth very well,

the leccy poles are just 6mm dowel, painted brown with a cross arm from a match stick, the insulators are the tiny brass pins i use with a disc of plasti rod cut and painted , cables just a thin black elastic used for neckless making, all pretty simple really, decals are of the net and scaled  down to size.

got a few more to sort later on for the other side for the telephone lines in, although the leccy side may yet get swaped round to fine copper wire, then use it to provide lighting to the layout , got my eyes on some very fetching yard lights, 12v i think

the leccy poles are just 6mm dowel, painted brown with a cross arm from a match stick, the insulators are the tiny brass pins i use with a disc of plasti rod cut and painted , cables just a thin black elastic used for neckless making, all pretty simple really, decals are of the net and scaled  down to size.

got a few more to sort later on for the other side for the telephone lines in, although the leccy side may yet get swaped round to fine copper wire, then use it to provide lighting to the layout , got my eyes on some very fetching yard lights, 12v i think

thanks sean,they look great

Me and Traci made two power line poles. .. . can't remember where they are now or whether I have any photos  :( She made a single one and I made a four pole with a Hornby transformer thing on it. Have to say, they looked a bit smart!!

got the levels sortedout today and have relaid the big yard section , just a couple of fillers to sort between the new surface and the buildings, but i did cheat this time, and didnt use the sticks for the expansion boards, i instead made the effect using the green and brown scatter i have, the other method was just way to time comsuming , camera batterys flat so i will get some later or tommorrow , with luck i will have sealed it all in by then to

• 2 weeks later...

well i had a spare hr this afternoon, so decided to get my first 30 loose bales finished, plan another 30 loose like this for arround the layout and then i will make a stack to fit the dutch barn, with a angled face to make it look like stuffs been taken off, recon 60 is enough to use arround and about, as they take a while to add the twine to

005-38.jpg

001-39.jpg

002-39.jpg

also got one side finished off concrete wise, and it all sealed in properlky, just leaves me 2 more bits to do, the small bit infront of the other older barn, and the bit round the back to the muck heap

003-42.jpg

004-37.jpg

thanks mandy, they are all slightly different ,but not to much bar one thats lost a corner?, you can see how light they are as they dont tip the britains figure over, only problem is i will have to make a new cooks bale sledge, cooks trailer and sadly a new mf 124 baler so they fit properly as my current ones are all scaled to fit the standard britains bales

I love this layout,Fantastic stuff and those bales are spot on.Only wish i had more time to spend at my own :'(

Once again fab work man. ;)

i would say you get a fair bit more time thatn i do mate, this has taken 5 odd years and i am still going ;D ;D ;D

The dutch barn gable end has received a knock :of  Realistically ramshackle is Ash Tree, I love that 8)

i know mate, time to get the scaffolding out and effect a repair

• 2 months later...