ash tree farm, tms farm work in progress

Tractorman810

not cheap is all i can say bob :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

its slowley coming along, certainly not as quick as i would like truth be known, bit like tris and leverets is, sure sooner or later time will allow for a loty more shots and further improvements ,my next order from mandy should spur that on with the floodlights

• 2 weeks later...

not cheap is all i can say bob :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

its slowley coming along, certainly not as quick as i would like truth be known, bit like tris and leverets is, sure sooner or later time will allow for a loty more shots and further improvements ,my next order from mandy should spur that on with the floodlights

Great stuff as always, Sean. I have to say the way you've used that grass is just brilliant - it looks so realistic. :)

I've found a Company to make the floodlights - it's just the design next :)

Edited by Lady Ferguson

Great news Mandy , have already worked out the new route in and how to link the buildings needing power ina overhead method like the real farm was, as for the grass it's only your stuff most of the banks ect are off cuts joined together , do need to order some more so I can finish the main entrance side off that way I can get shots from different areas , different crops ect as at present I use the one side all the time, also need to order some more trees for that side as it's pretty bare sadly

cheers jason, its taken a while, and still has a way to go, just no more space to go at the present, unless i carefully and quietly knock through into next doors loft i guess?? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Good idea would the neibours notice ?

• 6 months later...

well i am back to it, after my toytrac purchases i have started the last side of ash tree's layout ,a new farm house and garage / small workshop area? or farm office ,havnt decided on that final bit yet, it will sit at the start of my roadway side coming into the farm ,so the field currently there will go arround this plot as such , this then allows me to finish the the ditches and verges ect, the house will have a brick bridge built into it over the ditch similar to what the real ash tree had, but wide enough for a driveway ,where as ours was just a foot bridge. will be clad roof wise with some of mandys juwlee roof tiles hopefully ,along with a load of detailing outside, but the house will just be external, nothing inside( aint into dolls houses :laugh: :laugh: ) have altered the origonal floor area as it didnt work for a 2 story house, but otherwise its just a extension upwards of the base unit i bought

003-2.jpg

004-2.jpg

005-3.jpg

006-4.jpg

if you look back through the topic mate, the two main older pig units are built from it, the lower half of the workshop, and the big black barn at the rear is half built from it to, i do also have a chemical store / sick pig unit part built, so with luck this will get finished to from the left overs, and a plus is i have 1 set unused, so will look into getting it copied with any luck so i can build some more bits

It's great stuff, Paul. I built my workshop and my cattle byre with it as well as sides it for the walls for my big old granary building. It is.no longer available as the bloke who made it didn't have permission from Jigstones who make the moulds. You can buy the moulds still, direct from Jigstones, just not mass produce and sell the products from the moulds!!

Must admit Sean, I'm looking forward to this :)

bl@@dy hell Sean, that shot up, infact its just like i pictured i would have eventually got to back in 2005 when we all got that stuff, or was ot 2006?. You could see where i had altered it once and then started to make it wider.....i can now say i helped on Ash tree Farm!! ;D ;D ;D ....cant wait for the finished house!, i had visions of the house with small workshop with ol 35 in it, small shed with odd implments and small field adjacent to a larger farm!..............never happened!

the origonal floor paln wouldnt have worked mate, the roofs would not have lined up properlywhere the 2 roofs meet sadly, didnt realise till i got a far way, but the glue hadnt gone off properly so i had to take it apart and start again, think the side bit will have a open store, fire logs etc, bench at the back, odds and sods, and the other half will hopefull have a car or landy in it?? maybe a 135 under a cover, farms show model, with luck i can then put a office in the roof above the garage, with a dormer window ,still got some staircase somewhere from a old building, its always been on the plans, but never had the materials till now

got a whole pack here joe, and i have a big tin half full of mould material, so once done i will look into it properly, make a mould that suits what i need then ,a bulk system with luck. may tinker with it so its double sided for external walls, as the current blocks are only faced one side, as tris will know