ash tree farm, tms farm work in progress

Tractorman810

got a bit more done today inbetween house dutys, started the timberwork outside, and filled the inside walls to hide some of the gaps between the blocks, had a few open up on the outyside to ,think the pva dried more than usual, so did a wet wash of filler into those gaps to, doing it wet allows me to keep the detailing of the blocks showing then, ready to paint it up, as you can see i have added a third floor in the roof window, just got the basic framing in now, sides and the rest of the joists will come tommorrow, only the back side of the roof will be removable, as i want to use the house to hide some other bits on the layout in the future

006-5.jpg

005-4.jpg

007-4.jpg

001-2.jpg

• Like 3

Fair play Sean, this looks nice. I used filler on the insides of my buildings too but never thought of it for doing a wash in coat to plug any exterior gaps. I used Bostik Impact glue though, not PVA.

Nice shape to this house, it's going to look a treat on Ash Tree.

Maybe I ought to start mine too!! ::):wacko:

mm never thought of bostik, found that pva gives me a bit more time to move and aling blocks as you go up, must say i didnt spend as much time sanding down the bond edges on the blocks this time round as i wanted a bit more slope on some as if the house has settled ect ,like the front corner, few blocks have "popped" out over the years

bit more done on the roof today, more arround the window area, and remembered to add a chimley now to,but do need to drill out a hole inside of it . also finished the gate area now with the final pillars ready to add the gate, sadly no pics till tommorrow as the cameras flat,

Ive had a good look threw this topic Sean & I must say its fine work by you . Its my first time seeing all your diorma work & its one of the finest ive ever seen. From all the farm detail to your MF convos, it realy looks well. Fairplay to you. Keep up the good work. ;)

I did find the pic's on the old pc the other day from the very first post , so I may upload them again, as over the years its gone through a hell of a transformation ,from being on the loft floor, to raided ,numerous buildings have gone to, recycled into new "old" ones ,new products like scaloox have come along, and company's like mandy's that have aided in the detailing side, just goes to show how far I, and the hobby has come in 6 odd years since the forum started

thanks mandy ,now you can see why i needed them meassurements, few pics of yesterdays stff ,pretty basic, new chimney on, and more arround the roof window, mainly cladding the sides so i can get the angles right for the roof cover ,and the pillars each side of the gate to ,for some reason the flash has stopped working so sorry for them being a tad dark

003-46.jpg

002-44.jpg

001-44.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

well got a little more done today inbetween other tasks from her in doors, as you can see the base colours on ready for the weathing coats ect, and i have got the base sheeting down ready to glue the tiles to once our mandy has got them back in stock, i wont be fitting any windows till after all the paint is done on the walls, and the facia boards will be wood stained as will the windows,

036.jpg

035.jpg

034.jpg

033.jpg

• Like 2