ash tree farm, tms farm work in progress

Tractorman810

I had thought about a coat of gloss varnish  but it would prob seal the thing hard, i have however found a gloss finish pva glue , so may get a small bottle of that and have a go, one thing for sure is the test sheet was defiantly over done with pva mix, two days in the sun on the window sill and its still not quite dry :D that said the top finish is i think exactly what i am after 

been cutting sisal and blending again, got the 4 sheets made and drying on the window sill ready for the current build/refurb, also got about 2 ft of sisal cut up in 3mm odd lengths ready for other bits, took ages to do  and my pinkies don't half hurt  now from all that scissor work  

A3784E96-8396-42E6-8950-471A2CCFA491.jpeg

0FB9ADDD-8170-45FB-A9F8-9F91A89C47B2.jpeg

A3DC3E48-3255-4283-94D4-1145E86E4BC5.jpeg

• Like 5

Looking good, so are they removable from the stalls?

Hand destroying work the sisal chopping isn't it. My solution is to use a cheap plastic guillotine, which allows me to use thicker string, think it's 15mm rope infact so each cut produces loads more material and the guillotine isn't as hard on the hands as scissors

the parts in the open yard are in sheets, and removable, plan to make another one or two with the fronts taken back to look like the start of cleaning out , i guess i could do the same with the stalls part as well, be easier as they are smaller and cleaner to finish. i did ponder a guillotine or something like that, but adter pondering decided the scissors were a safer option especially for my pinkies :D

• Haha 1

Its getting there james, has been away for a few days as we had the grandkids staying , didn't want little pinkies in there, once this is back i can sort the track levels out to match the new floor finish and thats effectively the left hand side all done, leaves me 2 piggeries and the 2 anderson units to refurb , new round topped dutch barn to make and the new yard finish that side, i may well then redo the greenery tjat side to match the other as its all very pre-made trees  and grass mats , though i may well use the track still 

• 3 weeks later...