ash tree farm, tms farm work in progress

Tractorman810

Sean your layouts turned out lovely, when we all started we never had all the realist scenery and bit and bobs to add to make it look right,it's gone a long way in 10 or more years.

im using my wife's login because I'm still unable to login with my Mike R (Kentman) username.

all the best Mike

cheers shelia ;D;D the stuff we can buy has expanded so much,theres very lottle you cant buy now, i'm always on the watch for new stuff, got items of mandy in the back room awaiting assembly , and shes loads more i would like to get as well. was in the shed today climbing over the timber for some screws and found 4 large trees all built ready, just not leaved up, almost balanced there for an hr and made 1 or 2 . its so tempting to do, but with luck it wont be long before i can get back to it properly ,aim to be finished inside for april,and a month or so outside finishing off , so end of may all done .

• 1 month later...

at long last i have some time, well after getting my tasks done i got to the loft and removed the exsisting muck heap, i suspect this is prob one of the last parts of the first version of ash tree and it shows ,bery basic and in an area thats always bothered me ,but u til recently never had good access to for pocs or to even build it. total areas 45cm x 45 cm so the plans for a sleeper walled heap, in a rectangular shape with a corner access to it, can save sleepers as i will make a heap to sit in so build any hidden parts with the old balsa sheet, using the sleepers for anything visiable , will have a grass bank on all side slopping down to the concrete ground level  and i already have 3 trees built bar folliage and plenty of bush material to add, with luck to the rear will be a effluant lagoon all be it not very big, with a fence and gate access . basic shapes are negotiable ,just took the pics for a basic plan , 

IMG_0619.JPG

IMG_0620.JPG

IMG_0621.JPG

IMG_0622.JPG

IMG_0624.JPG

the sleepers are great,each ones been chipped and weathered ,hes also gone to the effort on every one to add the old rail line cleat positions,be great if mandy could stock these as you silage guys could make a really nice old school clamp with them

IMG_0625.JPG

IMG_0628.JPG

• Like 6

the new boards been cut and marked out, didnt realise i had the oasis left in the shed so i have put the basic grass banks in place, have not gone as high as planned as once cut the angle between the heap and the slurry pit was way to steep,same on the pig unit side ,worked out i have way more sleepers than i need so will drop the heights and show more sleepers,plus allows for bushes ect, got to leave it for 24hours now so the pva glue sets into the oasis, this gives me a nice firm finish to paint the brown soil colour on ,as paint doesnt set into oasis that well,last pic shows the pva spread round, this also helps in the finish as once coated it allows you to drag fingers or a bit of foam round shaping the bank edges and overall shapeing of it,as it just rolls away and fills any joins up ,not that it will bee seen once painted ,also popped a hole in ready for one of the planned bigger trees 

IMG_0631.JPG

IMG_0632.JPG

IMG_0633.JPG

IMG_0634.JPG

• Like 3

at least i got your scaleoox :laugh::laugh::laugh: next step is to make a mould or 3 so i can carry on, got a unopend pack of the big blocks plus loads of the smaller ones left to use, i really fancy removing the new look tractor barn in the middle at present , and replacing it with a granary like tris did with the silos i have positioned outside, plus at least 1 or 2 open silos inside , this would leave me a bit short storage wise, unless i put the barn as a out station one, in the possable new field area maybe 

• Like 1

got a few of the steel i beams in today, the oasis on one sides still a bit soft so needs to be left a bit bit longer, none of the sleepers are fixed in place yet, just slid into the i beams to position them, has allowed me to set the final holes for the 2 big trees to, plenty of smaller bushes to go to as well as fence and gate round the slurry pit, can anyone recomend a product for getting the slurry effect ?? and if so does the board need sealing /painting first , all stuff that needs to be done before plaster and flock etc go on 

IMG_0884.JPG

IMG_0882.JPG

IMG_0885.JPG

IMG_0886.JPG

• Like 4

We always used ours for that once the muck was spread , anything between harvest and beet season  went straight into a spreader and on the field , we did also have a second heap in a field corner , for over flow muck wise during the year but mainly for the beet , question is will the best drill and harvester get finished in time 

i may suggest to Mandy she stocks the sleepers as they would make a great old school silage clamp , and stuff like I am doing 

• Like 1

You are a clever considering how dodgy you act and look.

Its come a long way and plenty of changes of the years mate.

Just had a scroll back through how I remember Ash Tree or was it named something else back in 05 ?

Have to say your skills have improved too

Enough of that you are still a ....... :-*

• Like 1

and a bit of the green stuff down ,next stage, fence and trees to be sorted, and weather up the pad and add the expansion lines between the slabs  and add tufts of grass etc , few bushes , and plan a infill between the back of the barn and this board for the tanker to sit 

IMG_0897.JPG

IMG_0902.JPG

IMG_0904.JPG

IMG_0905.JPG

• Like 3

thanks wayne, first of the main trees and bushes in place now, next step fence te pit so i can add the remaining plants ect to it, plis build the gate, wont seal the concrete sections till i get the levels to match the boards its going to fit against, saves any level swaps then 

IMG_0646.JPG

IMG_0647.JPG

IMG_0648.JPG

• Like 3

cheers dave, still plenty to come as loads more detailing to do, plus i think i may have got a way to get an extra 2m x 1 m odd of new field area, just need to work out if i can still get stuff in and out ok if i do it ,  that or i throw out a lot of her junk :rolleyes: hope i dont move any time soon