ash tree farm, tms farm work in progress

Tractorman810

i do but hold fire as mandy at hlt is going to try and get themas stock,he already sells her stuff in germany so with luck he will let her ,he doesnt speak much if any english so i went via mandy as a helper anyway 

http://www.modellbau-schulte.de/shop/product_info.php?info=p3395_10-stueck-altschwellen-4-5-x-8-5-x-80-mm-gealtert.html

25 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

i do but hold fire as mandy at hlt is going to try and get themas stock,he already sells her stuff in germany so with luck he will let her ,he doesnt speak much if any english so i went via mandy as a helper anyway 

http://www.modellbau-schulte.de/shop/product_info.php?info=p3395_10-stueck-altschwellen-4-5-x-8-5-x-80-mm-gealtert.html

Aha,the squashed rat man,ha ha!.http://www.modellbau-schulte.de/shop/product_info.php?info=p391_ratte--ueberfahren-.html

Regards

Joe.

• Like 1

well i now have the fence and gate built round the pit, sadly b&q did t have the small tin of wood stain i want to finsh them so i cant add folliage etc to this bit just yet , so i cracked on with the final concrete finish, which all being well will slowly go right through the yard, in various shades to reflect old and new, i just need this to dry,then i can add small bits of grass to the expansion joints,and also weather up the floor to the rear of the heap area to show tyre marks etc, will prob weather it out to cleanish to the front as we did generally give the area a good jetwash down after spreading season as if we didnt  it tended to make the area really slippy when it got wet / icy over the winter , 

IMG_0674.JPG

IMG_0676.JPG

IMG_0678.JPG

IMG_0680.JPG

IMG_0682.JPG

• Like 1

Great work yet again.

I'm trying to work out if you complacted or grouted the stone you started of with on this and then added lines to make it look like poured concrete slabs, or have you added sheets of concrete patterns material?

none of the above wayne, its a totally new finish , the gravel/scatter effect  wasn't really cutting it for me looks wise, so i went hunting for a better look . this is all nothing but tamiya paint on a new foam board, nothing else, took about an hour to do this bit, which i had to template with paper first to fit what i had built as i didnt fancy taking it all apart , the whole patterns been marked out on a A1 sheet so when i joint into the next section it will all line up blocks wise through the yard with luck the cracks you just add where you want .

• Like 1

thanks james, what i really need to do is try and add a decent backdrop, give it some depth so to speak, ut its hard as the lofts not that steep a pitch ,so it may just be sky above it and background across the rear of the yard ,kind of stuck on it right now  

6 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

none of the above wayne, its a totally new finish , the gravel/scatter effect  wasn't really cutting it for me looks wise, so i went hunting for a better look . this is all nothing but tamiya paint on a new foam board, nothing else, took about an hour to do this bit, which i had to template with paper first to fit what i had built as i didnt fancy taking it all apart , the whole patterns been marked out on a A1 sheet so when i joint into the next section it will all line up blocks wise through the yard with luck the cracks you just add where you want .

Ok, ha ha I was scratching my head trying to work out how you had done it, from the earlier photos with the loose stone. Looks great and very realistic. 

it is prob the easiest version i found, 3 tins of paint, and thats it, just marking , scoring and painting, this bit took an hour, but i can cut that with the base level if i can get a aerosol tin in the grey i want . lost 1 bottle just hand painting this first coat 

cheers martin, have discussed it with mandy and shes looking into it, hes got a few other bits i could use to,some very nice working wall mounted yard lights,old street light style,like we had, so that could be the next buy of him . have managed to slip out and get some grass/moss in the expansion joints now , wil get pics tomorrow as i am meant to be doing the roast lunch ,well assisiting :rolleyes:

• Like 1

section ones now sat roughly in place but looking lonely as i decided to remove the old barn at the back and start that, have altered the roof line on the side part to make it look like a later addition / conversion to the 2 bay pig unit, have done the floor in the main barn but will leave the styes as i hopefully have a idea for a muck layer , new roof finish will be 2 different colours,to reflect this , not so much foilage to this one but do need to add ivy and weather it a bit better 

IMG_0694.JPG

IMG_0695.JPG

IMG_0696.JPG

• Like 4