Border Fine Arts - Tractors, Horses and Lorries

BC

It retails at £ 495 Adam but I get 10% off so it was £445.50.

There is a free to enter competiotion to win one of these in the Classic Tractor magazine so you could try that. They are wanting suggestions or tractors to make in the future so why not suugest your new County and send a picture in.

Thanks Bc, will do that, as i cant afford that at the moment. Thanks Ad

Scale wise Rick they can vary from 1/18 to 1/21 ish. Rory Day did an article with Ray Ayres in the November 2008 edition of Classic Tractor magazine specifically on the JD "Greasing The Wheels"  and I think from memory its scale was 1/23 but I will recheck for you.

Was I was having a tidy up yesterday and doing me dusting so I thought I would share some other of my other Borders Fine Arts with you ... not really tractors but steam tractors ;D ;D

First Up the model of the renowned steeple jack dearly departed Fred Didnah from Bolton and Betsy

BO663 "BETSY" issued in 2001

8dc07309.jpg

d2adca37.jpg

4b3f5661.jpg

ef1c54c7.jpg

Now although not really tractors they were the pulling power before tractors so I have some horse ones in my collection two. Five such fiquirines were issued from 2001 to 2003 and were a limited edition of 950.My supplier teh Posthorn of Castle Douglas comission the first 350 as gold editions specifically for them. Any customer buuying all five were able to have the same limited number on all figuirines. On my five models I have No 234 of 350.

First up

HAYCUTTING STARTS TODAY NO BO405 and issued in 2000

f27cb266.jpg

3f1f49e9.jpg

3dc2085a.jpg

4b6cacfd.jpg

• 1 month later...

For any Border Fine Arts lovers there is a sale of such items (and toy sale) at Taylor's Auction's in Montrose on Saturday. I know there is a credit crunch and recession on but if some of these figurines are actually sold for those expected prices then I'll be buying the one or two I don't have in my collection.

http://www.scotlands-treasures.co.uk/taylors-auctions/viewimages.php?minlot=601&maxlot=650&sale=CurrentSale

they look fantastic, what are they made of?

Made of china in the main but contain other material elements such as resin and wire. When they did 'Like Father Like Son', the one with the David Brown 780, they used my pedal tractor as a model for the 'Son' and I have a picture of it somewhere in the raw, before it was painted.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Although I have bought the annual 2009 tractor "Main Crop" and also the studio one of the John Deere and plough I have not got round to posting pictures of them. I have seen the latest issue a limited edition of 750 B1163 Called "Country Air". I must admit I'm not happy with the lightish blue looking colour of the E27N unless they are trying to pass it away as an older faded model. I think I will have to view again before ordering or alternatively get them to repaint my one as I got done with the Leyland wheel centers ;) ;)

b1163_l.jpg