Border Fine Arts - Tractors, Horses and Lorries

BC

I find that the best way of dusting these are with a long bristled soft pastry brush, reasonably thin one so you can get in all the little crevices and to dust them off regularly.

A lot of the smaller 'studies' of the animals and birds are very good and at good prices. The tractor studies however are expensive and although sales are held of discontinued and secondhand ones, you see very few come up, especially down this part of the country. I very often trawl through the listings for BFA on eBay just to see what the prices are, nice to compare to the catalogues and leaflet prices that BFA, or I should say Gray's, list them at. Same as any other field of collecting though, a minefield.

• 1 month later...

thanks everyone for sharing all this information on BFA and the pictures. love these figurines, too bad they are so highly priced or they would surely be in my collection right now.. i think the Country Artists figurines are a bit better priced though for any collector.

BC.. that must be a fortune you have there! ;D

Border Fine Arts have recently bought over Country Artists and that is why they have now been able to acquire the licence to produce John Deere models and hence the one above "Greasing the wheels" As for a fortune well I hope so in the future..... I see it as an additional pension fund ;D ;D

• 3 weeks later...

Well last night I got round to unpacking two of my latest Border Fine Arts figurines which I collected on tuesday.

First up one of the cheaper ones made in China

A20120 Spring Supplement

Thought I would do a comparison on packaging too between the China made ones and the Scottish made ones

The box for the Dexta

98482883.jpg

The horrible poly stuffy.... those beads go everywhere

535c8c49.jpg

Unpacked

f1fbd517.jpg

cea1f102.jpg

71b1955f.jpg

51e2709f.jpg

Very nice Bill, may i ask how much the jd was, would love one of those, but doubt i could afford it. Thanks Ad

It retails at £ 495 Adam but I get 10% off so it was £445.50.

There is a free to enter competiotion to win one of these in the Classic Tractor magazine so you could try that. They are wanting suggestions or tractors to make in the future so why not suugest your new County and send a picture in.