Border Fine Arts - Tractors, Horses and Lorries

BC

Nice study Bill. Interesting that a lot of farms in that period were using the old British Rail baggage four-wheel wagons for trailers.

Yes I suppose they were a cheap form of trailer for farmers after the railway were finished with them Tim and would have been a test of a farmers reversing skills;D;D

I personally don't recall many of the four wheeled ones being used in my area but I remember a lot of farmers used old railway trailers as bale carts which would have been the single axle ones pulled by the 3 wheeled Scammell Scarab.

post-774-0-79134400-1420113123_thumb.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Border Fine Tractors for 2015

Classic annual tractor - B1600 - Winter Wheat - a Limited edition of 500.

Any comments on the cab for the era of the tractor?

1959804_790475437693838_5353632796389585 

Studio tractor (unlimited)  A26878 - Silage Time

9675-a26878-3-600_zps86yxizge.jpg

• Like 5

• 4 months later...

Yes Bill, wrong cab for the Ford, 6x range ended production 1968 and the cab wasn't offered till 1970 on the 6y range.

After viewing the figurine I decided not to buy the 25th annual tractor due to looking a bit odd having a more modern cab on pre force Ford tractor. In addition I have run out of cabinet space for displaying the larger models, however I did not come away empty handed...still have space for the smaller Studios one in approximately 1/32 scale.

P1010107_zps21ye52we.jpg

P1010108_zpsrwldye6d.jpg

P1010109_zpsistqmodd.jpg

P1010110_zpsigdbsptp.jpg

P1010111_zps6grallgx.jpg

P1010112_zpsy8axy03t.jpg

• Like 2

The cab looks to be the second version, so even more recent than the bonnet would imply. Exhaust is also more modern.

Would need to see the oil filter on the other side to understand it better.

But it is realistic in that it could be a retrofitted cab, or a replacement bonnet from a scrapper after an accident.

There are Majors out there with this cab, and with Q cabs.

Yes SPN some one else told me the exhaust was incorrect for the age of the tractor. I'm afraid I never took any photos of the other side since the figurine just did not appeal to me with that more modern cab fitted to it. I take your point on the retrofitted cab but personally I prefer my real tractors and tractor models to be as original as possible.

Perhaps Bill if everyone views the Ford in the same way and it doesn't sell well due to that, perhaps they will become a rare model and become more valuable, perhaps it needs to be bought!. Last BFA tractor I bought was the David Brown 950 and forage harvester, 'A Tight Turn' just have no more room, hardly enough room here for me!

Well you could be right Tim but I'm glad I decided not to buy it. Not only did it not appeal to me I like to display my Border Fine Arts and not have then sitting up in the loft in boxes.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...
On 9/26/2008 at 7:34 AM, BC said:

I attach the link to the priced BFA catalogue for the sale that was held at Thainstone Mart Inverurie on August this year. The recession seems to be hitting prices are well down.

http://www.goanm.co.uk/tsa/otherauctions/borderfineart.html

I see Major Decision is still keeping up and made £ 1,200

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn69/EY7427/BFA%20FOR%20FTF%20MAG/MajorDecision1.jpg

My dad has this..i think it cost 350 when it 1st came out which was a lot in the early 90s..i wonder if its worth anything now