Border Fine Arts - Tractors, Horses and Lorries

BC

I've just given Gray's a ring and ordered another 'Autumn Ploughing' for a mate that is impressed with the one I have. Have been a bit crafty and told the girl there that I have the voucher card and sticker/stamps to fill half the card, if i stuck them in the card and filled out the name and address bit and sent it to them, would they stick in the stamps I would have for the second one in it so I can have my full £10 off? She said 'No problem'.  ;D

I've just given Gray's a ring and ordered another 'Autumn Ploughing' for a mate that is impressed with the one I have. Have been a bit crafty and told the girl there that I have the voucher card and sticker/stamps to fill half the card, if i stuck them in the card and filled out the name and address bit and sent it to them, would they stick in the stamps I would have for the second one in it so I can have my full £10 off? She said 'No problem'.  ;D

Not crafty powerrabbit just shrewed business ;D ;D... well done

Received the second one of Autumn Ploughing today that is supposed to be for a mate, I say supposed to be but I'm going to keep this one as it is a much lower number, 028. The first one was number 195 so he can have that one!  ;)

Received the second one of Autumn Ploughing today that is supposed to be for a mate, I say supposed to be but I'm going to keep this one as it is a much lower number, 028. The first one was number 195 so he can have that one!  ;)

Yes it is always nice to get a low number. I was over the moon when I discovered I got 006 of 600 ;D ;D

• 3 weeks later...

Was reading in the August edition of Tractor & Machinery at the week end and I see the latest BFA that Gray's are selling is one of the smaller scale foreign made ones entitled "Spring Supplement". It is a Fordson Deta with white wheel centres and a cab. It has a transport / box kinda thing on the back (someone on here will know the correct description  I suspect ) and is feeding the sheep. Cost before any related discounts is £ 165 and my supplier the Posthorn advises me it should be available the end of August 2008.

post-839-132638805298_thumb.jpg

Looks like a neep hasher bill

I've never seen one before Rob... I always preferred working with silage ( driving a tractor & trailer) I mean than pulling or having anything to do with neeps ;D ;D

Ah neeps. They grow great here around Huntly all the farmers grow some amount. They are mainly used for finishing store lambs. Some of the Aberdeenshire farmers will tell you that it is the only way to get lambs fit to kill. In cornwall we used to feed the lambs Kale and stubble turnips.

Redrock make a modern version. Guy near us uses a  JF dungspreader to put them in the field, he puts them out whole.

Ah neeps. They grow great here around Huntly all the farmers grow some amount. They are mainly used for finishing store lambs. Some of the Aberdeenshire farmers will tell you that it is the only way to get lambs fit to kill. In cornwall we used to feed the lambs Kale and stubble turnips.

Redrock make a modern version. Guy near us uses a  JF dungspreader to put them in the field, he puts them out whole.

A JF dung spreader a while since I've seen one of those. Yes I can recall them being used to put out neeps too now that you mention it.

Personally I just don't like cabs on the vintage or classic tractors because there have been some terrible looking "things" produced in times gone by. Now when it came to the factory cabs that is different I just loved that bubble looking spacious cab on the Ford 6600 when that came out.

• 2 weeks later...

No I don't think I will use this one Nick.. probably just end up in the loft in its box. These figuirines get very dusty if not behind glass and a lamp would look silly within a cabinet. Shame really but it was one that was eluding my collection so I had to have it ;) ;)

Very nice looking model BC and I reckon with the right sort of bulb it would really look good in the dark. So you're going to put it away in the loft then? Seems a pitty to leave it in the 'shade'  ;)

Very nice looking model BC and I reckon with the right sort of bulb it would really look good in the dark. So you're going to put it away in the loft then? Seems a pitty to leave it in the 'shade'  ;)

Pardoning the pun but it is a pity to put it in the loft. I have the MF 35 out on top of one of the display units but it gathers dust. I was considering getting a display case for it. This one is a lot higher so I don't think I would be able to get a display case other than getting one specially made and I don't think a lamp like this with a shade would look right within a display case. I may be tempted to just display it on top of another unit and let it gather dust. Can always take it to the garage and blow the dust off with a low pressure airline ;D ;D

• 3 weeks later...

Well I was doing me dusting at the weekend and although strictly not tractors here are some of the yearly figurines that you get when you become a Border Fine Art Society member. All these animals or birds could be found on the farm so that my excuse for straying slightly off topic ;D ;D

2000 / 2001 STARRY EYED BO542

1182008368.jpg

1182008369.jpg

2001  / 2002 WATER BABIES BO660

1182008358.jpg

1182008359.jpg