sad fact of farming Jo, sometimes it happens, i was taken to a slaughter house at around 7 or 8, no point not knowing where they went ,the cull wasn't the easiest thing to see at that age , but  i was very busy helping load carcases and starting the jet washing out of the units already done, was a sad day for the farms, as we then had a 3 year gap with no animals, till we started renting the space out, never breed our own animals again,

sad fact of farming Jo, sometimes it happens, i was taken to a slaughter house at around 7 or 8, no point not knowing where they went ,the cull wasn't the easiest thing to see at that age , but  i was very busy helping load carcases and starting the jet washing out of the units already done, was a sad day for the farms, as we then had a 3 year gap with no animals, till we started renting the space out, never breed our own animals again,

Have you got any animals now? I'm not sure about your situation in Plymouth except that you do loads of DIY!

Have you got any animals now? I'm not sure about your situation in Plymouth except that you do loads of DIY!

2 cats :D :D no sadly the farms got sold up about 10 years ago now,my great grandad died and the 3 remaining sons didnt want to carry on, they were all over 60 and their kids didnt go into the farm anyway,all still alive mind and at my nans funeral  even they said i was the only son or grandchild that ever showed any intrest or worked on them when i was up there

• 2 weeks later...

The helicopter crash in the north sea today.

Always a shock when it happens.

:'( :'(

Saw that when it came in Robl12, though of you, glad to hear you are OK but thought go out to the families of those who were :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Thanks Robbo,

Yeah my heart goes out to all of them.

I suppose in some ways it is the harsh price of oil.

They were saying on our local radio station that in the history of the North sea oil industry over 200 people have been killed in Helicopter crashes.

Thanks Adam.

I actually fly on a different type of Helicopter called the S92 made by sikorski, but used to fly on the puma's they have a relativly good safety record so is a bit of a shock, looks like major mechanical failure :-\

Yeah there are 3 types in service in the north sea MK1, 2, 3 this one was a 2. will only ground them once they know what went wrong and what needs doing to stop it happening again. The S92 that crashed off canada early last month caused all the S92's in the uk to get grounded about 7 days after the crash to retrofit a gearbox mounting bolt.

saw that, it grounded the new coastguard ones didnt it

Yeah and the 5 s92 that they use in the northern north sea flying out of the shetlands, the ones I fly on but credit to them they had it all done over the weekend.

The authorities here are just too slow with this kind of thing. Hear about the Nimrod in Afghanistan? It was all over local news here as a local serviceman was on it. The inquest has just found that the MOD were at fault for poor maintenance. ..  so the fleet have been grounded. The crash was six years ago!!  ::)

Well, you will think i have already posted this.

But its a diffrent freind.

A VERY close faimly freind of ours rang up this morning.

His brother also his mate, his rock really dead.

Terry got a phone call from his brothers MRS.

Saying she couldnt get hold of derek in the workshop. And he always locks the door fromt he inside, but he didnt awnser when knocked.

The neigbour broke the door down, there he was laying on the floor Dead.  :'( :'( He was also a freind but we knew him through Terry really.

Terry is deverstaded. We been over there all day helping him arrange things. Etc, He wanted us over there with him bless him  :'(

We had to go and pick up his brothers car as his Mrs didnt want to be looking at in on the drive. That was hard.

Sorry to go on, i no people have had a lot worse happen to them i hope its okay to post this up.

Not good. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Well, you will think i have already posted this.

But its a diffrent freind.

A VERY close faimly freind of ours rang up this morning.

His brother also his mate, his rock really dead.

Terry got a phone call from his brothers MRS.

Saying she couldnt get hold of derek in the workshop. And he always locks the door fromt he inside, but he didnt awnser when knocked.

The neigbour broke the door down, there he was laying on the floor Dead.  :'( :'( He was also a freind but we knew him through Terry really.

Terry is deverstaded. We been over there all day helping him arrange things. Etc, He wanted us over there with him bless him  :'(

We had to go and pick up his brothers car as his Mrs didnt want to be looking at in on the drive. That was hard.

Sorry to go on, i no people have had a lot worse happen to them i hope its okay to post this up.

Not good. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

awwww sorry to hear that mate it is very hard to get over things like that and i know that  :'( :-*

Addy... that's a terribly as story mate... I'm sorry to hear that mate.

Just been confirmed this morning that my role is redundant as are my 85 staff  :'(

That's also devastating new Bazza.... I am sincerely sorry to hear that sad news buddy.  Life is changing a lot for you this year for sure mate hey - keep strong... I know you are a tough old nut anyway.

Come an have a good old cuppa with Marky tomorrow... I may even buy a packet of ginger nuts not especially for you to cheer you up.  :'( :-*