Poor Mrs Paulali, 16yrs is a bloody long time. One of our cats reached the same age mate and it was so strange when there was this absence there. Hope she has her tears made easier by a bit of pampering mate and that sort of thing.

A very close friend of mine was killed in a horrific motorbike accident today. RIP Gary Cotter aged 32. We went to school together from a very young age & were good boozing buddys He also loved everything to do with machinery & I spent many the summer carting silage with him. He will be missed dearly in my area.

Edited by justy 46

Oh Justin.....I know the felling and in my case it was only some one who I had worked with who got killed in a horrific farming accident.....RIP your friend and I hope YOU are alright and can remember the good times with your friend and move on

Edited by BC

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not just feeling sad, I'm feeling bereft! We had to have our collie/labrador, Kira, put to sleep on Wednesday. I haven't felt so sad since my parents died! 13 1/2 years of friendship, work, play, total devotion and company and all I could do in the end was call the vet... It seems like a crime. She was old and has not been well for a while, but it was still a shock. Today, Mrs. Bigbear and I walked out over the fields up river from here and made a fuss of all the dogs we met. It was very strange not to have to throw a stick or chuck a ball in the river. Had to be done, though, as life goes on.

Thinking of you, John. Horrible, horrible place to be and nothing anyone can do or say. Although you say you couldn't do anything, you could do the right thing and as hard as that is, you did it. Like I said, you're in my thoughts. xx

I'm not just feeling sad, I'm feeling bereft! We had to have our collie/labrador, Kira, put to sleep on Wednesday. I haven't felt so sad since my parents died! 13 1/2 years of friendship, work, play, total devotion and company and all I could do in the end was call the vet... It seems like a crime. She was old and has not been well for a while, but it was still a shock. Today, Mrs. Bigbear and I walked out over the fields up river from here and made a fuss of all the dogs we met. It was very strange not to have to throw a stick or chuck a ball in the river. Had to be done, though, as life goes on.

Sorry to hear of your loss. My wife and I know how you must be feeling at the moment. We had to have one of our cats put down a few weeks ago. He had suffered a number of blood clots causing him to lose the use of his back legs. The vet we took him to wanted to give him a chance and treated him on the first occasion. Five attacks later over a period of eighteen months he had an attack again. This time the medical treatment had taken him as far as he could go and there were no options left. He may have responded to treatment; but he was too distressed and other symptoms emerged.

His illness made him special to us, and he was one of our oldest cats. There's never a good time for a pet to die and having to make the decision is very hard. Some people don't understand how special pets are to their owners and how great a loss they can be.

We had our "Dink" cremated and will keep his little casket as long as we live. The crematorium is part of the Raystede Animal Rescue centre and they treated us and him with a great deal of respect. They allowed us to put him in their Chapel of Rest. We said our goodbyes and left him for the last time. He looked really peaceful as though he was sleeping. He will never be forgotten.

Edited by britainswomble

Having to call 999 and get an ambulance for my mum...she collapsed in the bedroom got up and walked to the kitchen and collapsed again before I heard dad shouting as I was on the phone to an old neighbour of my late uncle. BP and other checks made by the ambulance crew and it looks as if mum is just worn and stressed out about her brother and also trotting after dads needs 24/7. After Mondays funeral I need to see she see's a doctor and also about getting some help to care for dad or getting him motivated to do more for himself and not rely on her so much.

Thanks Joe....keeping busy is keeping me going. Today I have inherited a 3 cwt Steel yard....2 clocks belonging to my grandparents and an old stone hot water bottle. In addition I kept the desk and took it to Kemnay for mum since it was her dads one.

Well, this isn't as bad as some peoples news on here but I recently purchased a UH New Holland LM5060 for around 36 pounds from one of the well known UK farm model sites, which arrived broken when I took it out of the box. Contacted said site who said they would replace it. I returned the broken model to them around 3-4 weeks ago and heard nothing since so I contacted them last week for an update and to ask for my money back, which they sent me via paypal.

They are now saying they did send a replacement, but never informed me and it never arrived? They have opened a paypal dispute with me accusing me of asking for a refund when they already sent a replacement!

Over the years I have spent hundreds on models from their site and I now feel treated like a thief. And for some reason the paypal dispute shows me as the seller, not them, which I know means I will likely loose the dispute :-

So basically I'm going to end up with no model and no refund >:(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Looking through the list of all the well known personalities and famous persons that have died in 2012. A lot of those that we have lost were of an age that one may expect would be coming to the end of their life but some of the others should have had many more years left ahead of them. All will be imortalized in what they have left behind in audio and visual recordings and although now gone, will not be forgotten.

Needed to find a photo from my computer tonight. Went back through 3 years worth of phone photos, just realising hoe much things have changed in that time. And how much more it's going to change in the next year or so

New plans on the horizon, Pat? :(

Finding out on arrival at work this morning; that one of our van drivers had taken his own life over the weekend. He was thirty seven. 

We knew he wasn't a happy person, but his problems were personal and he felt he was the one who had to deal with them. We just wish he had been prepared to unload on to one of us. As they say, "A problem shared,  is a problem halved". My sympathy goes to his family and friends.

• 2 weeks later...

Finding out on arrival at work this morning; that one of our van drivers had taken his own life over the weekend. He was thirty seven. 

We knew he wasn't a happy person, but his problems were personal and he felt he was the one who had to deal with them. We just wish he had been prepared to unload on to one of us. As they say, "A problem shared,  is a problem halved". My sympathy goes to his family and friends.

Guts you hey Will,I often think of a bloke I knew who did the same even a couple of years on it was such waste.Driving past what was his farm and looking out for him on his old Fiat tractor then thinking arh sod it all he's gone now.

post-582-0-25477800-1358322423_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Sorry to hear about the loss of your uncle but I went through the same at the back end of last year and I was actually pleased to see my uncle at rest since when I took him to the Care Home for the last 10 days of his life he said..."Its time I'm in a box".When there is no betterment folk are better at rest in my opinion.

• Like 1

My Uncle passed today after defying the odds and fighting pancreatic cancer for 2 years. I went to see him on Sunday in the Nottingham City Hospital Hospice. I'm glad he is finally at peace. 

Sorry to hear about your uncle, Alex. Long time to fight any cancer, two years. No need to say too much, just chin up mate. xx

• Like 1