• 2 months later...
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you have a super tractor there Johny there one of my favorites

Thanks mate  ;)

Thuesday i had to pic up a load off wood and iron

I asked the father off my friends girlfriend iff i could use his haywagon for it.

And i could so here some pics ;D

23022009289.jpg

23022009287.jpg

23022009288.jpg

Thanks for the nice reply's guy's ;)

It is a Secura frame indeed (the rest off the cab parts are still lying in the shed,waiting for restoration!)

What type i don't know. ???

safety frame/cab laws in denmark/sweden were well ahead of ours here in the uk. that seckura frame was known as s67 type- dont know if that meant it was designed in 1967????. they came as a basic frame as pictured or you could have them built up as a rigid clad safety cab. they were lots in the uk retro fitted to older tractors to make them comply with leglislation commonly on old masseys,david browns and fords. it was known to have them fitted to ford tractors from new in the pre-q cab days. buy cabless tractor new and fit new seckura s67 cab i have known ford 6600 fitted with them new in 1976 ahead of q cab regulations and also lambourn mk6 safety cabs.

gggrrrrrr i wish you wouldn't keep posting pics of yer 165 johny , it keeps making me want to spend  money on my 168 of which i havent got  :D

nah just joking mate keep posting them, will keep giving me insiration to get  bit further with mine  :)

• 4 months later...

Yesterday and today Sandy had some surgery needed :(

There where a few problems that needed care in the steering system.

We chainged the bushes in the front axle and did something tho the steering house.

001ukb.jpg

002akn.jpg

The man who helped me whit chainging all the broken parts Wim Smits (the owner off the 188 4wd i posted in the tractor section)

003dit.jpg

005xdi.jpg

004huo.jpg

Thanks Wim for the help mate ;)

Johnny... can we see some close ups of Sandy's back end please... looks like she's got dislocating wrists on the link arms - I'd like to see what else is different to the uk machines.

Glad to see her getting some surgery as well mate... does she steer beter now then ???

Johnny... can we see some close ups of Sandy's back end please... looks like she's got dislocating wrists on the link arms - I'd like to see what else is different to the uk machines.

Glad to see her getting some surgery as well mate... does she steer beter now then ???

I shall make some picture´s later this week because she is still standing by Wim he is trying to get some parts for me ;D

The under peace off the gril (i think it is called the beard :P ) and a proper grill logobar and logo the one i had where imitation :-[

The stearing is much better know :D

Also we did an adjustment to the seat!

Because i am 1.97m tall the seat is placed furter to the back and placed a litle bit higher :D

Hope i can drive herr saturday back to my house because she where crying when i left :'(

was she ever fitted with power steering because i can see the holder in the casting for the ram like on ours (even though it doesnt work) but no ram fitted and a different set up in front of the radiator

marky if by dislocating wrists you meant the change able link ends on the arms theyre fitted on our 165 but we welded our in place because they were loose

looking good as always johny

looks strange to see the euro spec backend as opposed to what i'm used to seeing on the uk spec versions. cant help but think an auto hitch would look good but you dont have the need for one !

lighter link arms than mine has & no toolboxes built into the rear fenders , & still wonder why the pre cleaner comes up through the bonnet as the UK spec machines are under the bonnet

still a good looking tractor , maybe a set of wider fronts to go with the awsome looking rears  :) :)

i may be mistaken but is that the same back end as a massey ferguson 65?

it looks to be the same engine as was in our 165, ( the 212 engine).  its by far the best engine ours pulled far better than the ford 6610 we had.

i may be mistaken but is that the same back end as a massey ferguson 65?

it looks to be the same engine as was in our 165, ( the 212 engine).  its by far the best engine ours pulled far better than the ford 6610 we had.

yea a 165 mark1 was just a new model of the 65 ;)

but with the 212 engine it has to be a mark 2. ???

This tractor is between the Mark 1 and Mark 2 serie´s in.

They call it a switch serie they had already the new engine but had some stock over from the mark 1 so they used the gearbox andrearaxle on this model.

I have tryed to find out what the serial nr give me but no one knows any thing about this tractor.

Only thing known is that the tractor has bin sold new in 1968 to do comunity service.

You have a awesome 165 Johny,lucky you mate  :);)

Thanks Peter i am stil glad i have her :D;D;)

Owh frogot i have painted the roof and put it back on the cab.

Also added 2 michelin bibendums on the roof.

003vnq.jpg

002ooo.jpg