Johny MF's MF165 (work in my garden)

Johny mf

This tractor is between the Mark 1 and Mark 2 serie´s in.

They call it a switch serie they had already the new engine but had some stock over from the mark 1 so they used the gearbox andrearaxle on this model.

I have tryed to find out what the serial nr give me but no one knows any thing about this tractor.Only thing known is that the tractor has bin sold new in 1968 to do comunity service.

is there a VIN plate on the dash just above the steering column johny ? or on the casting just inside the grill ?

i have a plate just above the steering column that has stamped

168 252399

B F G H P

if so send the details to marky as he can find out a bit more for you , was interesting what he found out about mine

i know 168 is the model number  & that 252399 is the build number but didn't know what the letters denoted to what specification it was built to   :)

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the late responding MJB i shal look tomorw for the serial nr ;)

I where this weekend at the international historic festival in Panningen Holland whit Sandy.

On the way over there i made a Photo of her.

also today when i drove back i have made a photo of her ;D

panningen2009001y.jpg

panningen2009027.jpg

panningen2009028.jpg

No problem Erik shal look in a minut ;)

Just got this photo´s in from a friend of mine.

Niels v Eekelen where also at the Panningen show and i had promised him (we had a stand togheter in Lochristi) that he may drive Sandy some time.

So yesterday he did.

Here the photo´s

sv500006.jpg

sv500005.jpg

I Hope you enjoyed the ride Niels :P

do you know johny each time i saw the accomodation cart i did wonder if it looked worth all the agrivation of towing it everywhere but have to say the whole thing of packing up & driving to the shows looks great.

I expect many people , do like we do here in the uk , load it onto a trailer & tow it to events ! so then johny  when are you starting the UK tour ? it would be amazing if you could get all that to spalding next spring , i'm sure marky could get Histon Produce  sponsor your trip  :)

Thanks for the nice reply´s

MJB i could do that if i have a big vacation (never get that from my boss  :'( )

I looked for the nr on the dash

Serial nr = 682859

Engine nr= FA 8839

And the tractor model = 165 8ASN DM YM

Hope you mean these nr´s ???

The living wagon is not finished need to do some thing about that like a siting area inside and some things need paint.

Also i decieded that the cab of sandy has to go!

I think she is much more prety whitout that cab.

looking good johny, like the caravan to, whats the betting marky will have one for mavis soon, take the kids away to the filed next door for holidays  :D :D :D

take the kids away in a cart like johny's ? the only way marky's kids would go is if he actually tied them down , cart or not !

then he'd change his user name from lord ferguson to romany ferguson  :-\

Thanks for the reply´s guy´s

I think Mark already has a living wagon because he is restoring it at the moment :P

I think this because he never came back whit the info about the serial nr´s from Sandy :P

Just kidding Marky mate  ;) any thing find yet ???

Alomost 10 ferguson experts have take a look at the serial nr but got a dead end :'(

Serial nr = 682859

Engine nr= FA 8839

And the tractor model = 165 8ASN DM YM

well Johnny... I can't tell you a great deal about you lovely lady... the information I can find from you letters and numbers is as follows...

Beauvais built machine

Bulit 'for use outside France' (export in other words)

built between 31st October 1968 and 30th September 1969 (MF's fiscal year) (681505 to 684149)

A4.212 engine with 6 or 8 speed gearbox (ie. non-multi-power)

165 is obviously the model number... 8A means something which sadly had been lost from the factory (in later models it was the model type... ie. High clear, standard, 4wd etc.) but no data exists to clarify this fact

SNDMY-M is the model type... the serial number dicates the year of manufacture  ;)

well Johnny... I can't tell you a great deal about you lovely lady... the information I can find from you letters and numbers is as follows...

Beauvais built machine

Bulit 'for use outside France' (export in other words)

built between 31st October 1968 and 30th September 1969 (MF's fiscal year) (681505 to 684149)

A4.212 engine with 6 or 8 speed gearbox (ie. non-multi-power)

165 is obviously the model number... 8A means something which sadly had been lost from the factory (in later models it was the model type... ie. High clear, standard, 4wd etc.) but no data exists to clarify this fact

SNDMY-M is the model type... the serial number dicates the year of manufacture  ;)

Thanks Mark mate for the info i am realy glad whit this!

You are realy the lord Ferguson ;)

It has the 8gear speedbox mate and it can be the high clearence tractor  ;) .

Must look when i take the cab of because it realy has to go!

Don´t have the doors and the fronscreen window is as roten as ***** :(

So it needs to much work to place it right back on and i think she is much more pretyer whitout a cab then whit a cab.

Also the tractor is to old for this kind of cab because she has the round rear axle and the cab is for an squire axle type mf165/185

That finishes Sandy off a treat mate.. she looks really good with that new panel...

In english we call that the 'chin panel' funny name really.. I'm not sure how that translates in Dutch.. but a chin is the lump of face under your lips  :-\ :D :D

I'm going to meet Sandy one day buddy I have made up my mind for sure.  Question is.. will you get a drive on Hattie and Mavis before I get a drive on Sandy ???

• 9 months later...

Well already mentioned by MJB´s 168 but i took the cab of Sandy and i think she looks much pretyer whitout it!

So here are some photo

cabineerweerafvande1650.jpg

cabineerweerafvande1650.jpg

Mark sorry i missed youre respond i hope i can come over this or next year!

I dont know if ou come to Panningen this year but then you can drive Sandy i you like to ;)

Panningen is 24 and 25 July this year!

as said before lovey tractor but if the tractor came with the cab id restore it minus the mirrors and michelin men  ;)  i dont like the way people say they restored their tractor to its original condition when the original included a cab  ::)  :laugh:

as said before lovey tractor but if the tractor came with the cab id restore it minus the mirrors and michelin men  ;)  i dont like the way people say they restored their tractor to its original condition when the original included a cab  ::)  :laugh:

good comment denis, i think it's been said before about cabs on refurbished & rebuilt tractors but i suppose it's all down to individual taste . i see a fair few cabless 165 & 168's at shows & although many 165's were cabless in the early days the UK spec 168 was never sold cabless so think it's a shame to see them not fitted .

As for johny's 165 i like to see the cab on , but it's his choice & i still like to see it ,the rebuild bit is more a refurbished to look as good as it can get, i dont thing johny was going for a concours finish.

johny's 165 is a bit oddball anyway denis as it has the later 212 engine with MF65 type backend but it still looks pretty fantastic anyway

keep the pictures comong johny  :) :)

Thanks for the reply´s guys

but i want to point something out about the cab: THe cab is not original deliverd on this 165!

The cab is for a squire axle tractor and not for a round axle!

The did some thing to the under parts of the cab to fit it!

Now i think the tractor is in concour state whit cab i think it will never be because the cab is not complete!

The doors are missing the front screens under are missing and the front screen is as Rotten as *****!

The tractor originaly left the factory whit the 212 engine and round rear axle!

There is a guy how trade´s these 100 serie´s for import export and he said that he get many off these tractors in the past!

There al gone to Africa!

Dont get me wrong glad you guys think whit me!

Cheers Johny ;)