sparrow legs john deere 3040

sparrow legs

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all guesses were wrong, its a john deere 6810 on a V plate (99) it has TLS and left hand reverse, got 29mph out of it on way back from dealers ;D

she is very tidy for its age hrs, done 7000hrs put its been well looked after, its off a local farm so i know its history

post-194-132639129413_thumb.jpg

post-194-132639129419_thumb.jpg

shes about 125hp marky ;) such a sweet sounding engine apposed to the new 6830s etc

as for my old 3040 i hope she sleeps well tonight in the dealers yard :'( one final picture below of her stripped before setting off today

Poor old 3040... RIP Mikes Ex Lady...

I bet you'll be up early tomorrow Mike.. and ready to go  :)

Marky, Sparrowlegs don't do mornings, well early anyway!!!!!

Would look better with twin ****!! I know were I can locate some  if you would like and open to offers I believe.  Are you interested??

Marky, Sparrowlegs don't do mornings, well early anyway!!!!!

Would look better with twin Boobies!! I know were I can locate some  if you would like and open to offers I believe.  Are you interested??

im sorted thanks golden balls, ripon put a new one on it and they got the original one back from the seller of the spare ones ;) so all in all i got them both for free ;D  (only one fitted at the moment)

got to go for some fuel before i get started tomorro

looks good mike ;) ;) you'll be head held high tommorrow. you getting a mesh screen fitted to the side window ??? they will be no stopping you now 4wd air con posh rig ;) ;)

whoa there mike what were you thinking of ?  thats probably the biggest mistake i've seen for a long time & i think even you'll have to agree that shirt clashed desparately with the grill  :-[:(;)

looks a nice buy mike , obviously looked after & coming from a farm you know even better , at least it's from an age where the niggles were sorted from the 6000 series & before new niggles apeared with the 6020 series.

on the other hand  yer going to miss that big side window on the 40  :)

had a great day using the 6810 on its maiden vouage in the contract flailing world ;D great tractor for the job, makes me think how did i manage with the 3040 for 6 years :o

view wise its as good as the big window on the 3040, you look through the side window behind the door, the forward reverse is so much better been clutchless and the 4 power steps are great for adjusting ya speed without changing main gears with the clutch.

pleased to hear it Mike... I'm in a similar position to you as well.. I've had my first few days of dyna 4 recently.. and suspended axles.. it does make you wonder how we 'put up' with such a lack of features doesn't it  :D :D

glad to hear it went well and that you are pleased with your new purchase.. got any pics for us ???  :P

sorry no pics, its been raining all day and so the tractor is grafted in hedge cuttings, can hardley see out the windows :-[ cant belive how its got mucky in one day :(

went passed the jd dealers, my old girl is on the roadside line of tractors for sale :'(

second beacon been fitted tomorro hopefully and my cb and roof bar i hope