Wings Farm/ MD contractors

markduck

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just an update on plans for the layout, as some of you will have notice i am selling my buildings that were on the previous layout along with some machinery, they are listed in the For Sale section of the forum.

I plan to build all new buildings using Plastuct and MDF, so far there will be a two bay grainstore, two fair sized cattle sheds, a workshop, and some machinery sheds. Possibilities are a two bay indoor clamp and a permastore.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

At the moment there hasn't been any progress yet, been concentrating on models ,sorting out design for possible buildings, and playing with my new airbrush. Might do a smaller display first which i could take to shows, but would be able to interchange buildings from my main layout to show layout. I still plan on using insulation to be able to create terrains and making the buildings from plastruct. Hope to pick some possible ideas from Spalding and Toytrac.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Right at last have started on one of the buildings, it is a three bay shed with one bay as a workshop, which will have a roller shutter door, and the other two bays for cattle in the winter, and general storage when they are outside.

Couple of pictures to show the progress. Claas loader to give a sense of size.

The loader is in the workshop bay

DSC00758.jpg

DSC00760.jpg

Started to make some doors, these are the ones into the chemical store at the back of the workshop.

DSC00772.jpg

Closer shot of one of the doors.

DSC00771.jpg

There is going to be another floor above the chemical store room, so started on the floor, the staircase will be on the right, working on that at the moment.

DSC00773.jpg

Still a long way to go but its starting to take shape.

Archived