Wings Farm/ MD contractors

markduck

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Also been busy adding detail to a shed that i aquired a while back and had on my old layout. Added gutters and downpipes, one of Mandy's lovely gates, also some removeable feed barriers. Now its ready for my new layout.

First picture shows how the building used to look and then the following pictures show the modifications.

DSC00846.jpg

DSC00922.jpg

DSC00921.jpg

Now onto the new building a four bay cattle shed, it will be concrete panels and Yorkshire boarding for the walls, some of Mandy's feed barriers at the front, it will be split into two seperate pen.

The main steels are up so far, waiting for paint to dry before i start adding the wooden roof purlins.

Anyhow here is some pictures of so far.

DSC00931.jpg

DSC00929.jpg

• 1 month later...

Update on the new cattle building, all the Yorkshire boarding is on, feed barriers are in place, some of the roof truces are in place the rest willl be on the actual roof itself to keep the card flat. Some of the cross braces are in place but have run out of material to finish them. Next will be the concrete panels. Anyhow here are some pictures.

2012-03-17112729.jpg

2012-03-17112823.jpg

2012-03-17112849.jpg

Amazing. Your work just gets better and better, Mark - the barn conversion looks really professional, and as for the Yorkshire boarding... well - how did you manage to get it all so straight? I've seen it used before and it's appears to be difficult to keep all the lengths level (especially along the sloping roof-line). All very professional. Your pictures (with the background) look awesome too by the way :)

Oh Mark, that is special!

I may have to pester you with some PM's when I finally do mine (I'm collecting materials for it at the moment)

What did you use for the Yorshire boarding?

Archived