The adventures of Marky and Frankie the MF5445 - Born on 09.05.2008

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... Frankie is all 'dieseled up' awaiting my bum tomorrow morning for a trip to British Sugar at Wissington... 2.5 hours as an estimate (40 plus miles at a guess) ... I'm off to bale all the plastic from the floor of their 21 acre glasshouse  ;D

Not looking forward to the drive there and back... but I'm looking forward to the money  ;D

I'll take my camera if anyone is interested  :)

Well... Frankie is all 'dieseled up' awaiting my bum tomorrow morning for a trip to British Sugar at Wissington... 2.5 hours as an estimate (40 plus miles at a guess) ... I'm off to bale all the plastic from the floor of their 21 acre glasshouse  ;D

Not looking forward to the drive there and back... but I'm looking forward to the money  ;D

Is that the glasshouse on jimmy's farming heros????

I'll take my camera if anyone is interested   :)

we shall be hunting you out if you dont.......

Ohh mate I hope you have a suspension seat Marky ::) ::) al the roads up that way are WELL bumpy you might bounce off the road and down a dike :o :o :o

Sounds good mate, bet she will be bouncing a bit with the baler on the back

Well ladies and gentlefolk... and fatty bum bum-dmore....

It all started at 5am this morning... my car showing -1 degrees... frost everywhere  :'( :'(

Off I trot to Wissington.... one and three quater hours and I'm there... pretty good really... nice time of the day to travel... twin flashers on... everyone can see you coming for miles around...

Here's Frankie in a layby... as the sun comes up... Radio on.. heater on too... life just doesn't get better WITH you clothes on I can tell you...

DSC_5937.jpg

DSC_5943.jpg

As I arrive I notice Frankie has hit a heady 190 hours now... only 60 hours away from her first proper service now  :o

DSC_5948.jpg

Having the links arms in 'bounce' mode helps the baler no end Adam... it rides really well with the loder in float too.. I can only liken it to driving with two huge jelly's front and rear  :D :D

You can just make out the little red button on the far right of this picture...

DSC_5947.jpg

British Sugar trade under the name of Cornerways for their tomatoes... here's the sign at the top of the drive...

DSC_5953.jpg

And here is what we had to greet us as we arrived...  :o :o - the plastic covering from 26.5 acres of glasshouse floor area

DSC_5956.jpg

That's a hookloader skip behind that pile  :o

We (me and Lumpy) have had a whole day at this lot today and made 10 half-ton bales... we've got about the same to do tomorrow as well... plus a hookloader full of cardboard...

Here's what we've made it into so far...

DSC_5960.jpg

So... Frankie is parked up for the night... ready and waiting for tomorow....

DSC_5959.jpg

No bedtime story for her tonight... and a nigh outside for her too  :o :o - poor little lady...

DSC_5963.jpg

night out in the open, couldnt they supply you with a barn or sheet, its ment to be frosty tonight??

how did you get the pallet tines there to then mate seeing as the buckets on her

Lumpy in the 'support vehicle'  :D :D :D

Please explain the bounce feature Marky to a wally like me  ???

Well Bazza.. the loader has a gas canister inside the beam... you flick a switch to activate her in 'bounce mode'.... you can watch the loader rams 'absorb' the shocks as the tractor bounces up and down... it's a great feature which I believe is an option when you buy a loader - most people choose it I think mate...

Link arms do the same thing... but hydraulicly... very hand feature when you are carrying something as heavy as the baler mate