The adventures of Marky and Frankie the MF5445 - Born on 09.05.2008

Ouch i bet that hurts to fill her up  :'( :'( is the Tax disc still F.O.C then  :D :D :D

Indeed... it's still and agricultural machine....

I've got to ask you Marky, it looks like you live surrounded by suburban neighbours - do the curtains twitch much when you're tractor tinkering, and do passing dog walkers give you "funny looks" :D

mate... I am smack bang in the middle of suburbia... and my neighbours think I am a nutter... I guess I 'softened them up' with Fanny... I've always ben a bit of a pillock for anything with an engine... I could pull a wheelie all the way up our street on my crosser before it got knicked - then I had a road going quad.... before that was a kart...  :D :D :D - so they are well use to 'that knob' up the end of the street and his rather non-conventional vehicles  :-[:D :D :D

Ahhh.. who cares I say... they will all be knocking on my door when it snows... it happened with my landrover  >:(

that tiping seat is a good idea  :) i bet it would be good for hedge cutting as your always leaning to the side  :)

Indeedy... makes it easy to get out as well... kind of like riding side saddle.. good fun when you get board on a long journey  :D :D

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed... it's still and agricultural machine....

mate... I am smack bang in the middle of suburbia... and my neighbours think I am a nutter... I guess I 'softened them up' with Fanny... I've always ben a bit of a pillock for anything with an engine... I could pull a wheelie all the way up our street on my crosser before it got knicked - then I had a road going quad.... before that was a kart...  :D :D :D - so they are well use to 'that knob' up the end of the street and his rather non-conventional vehicles  :-[:D :D :D

Ahhh.. who cares I say... they will all be knocking on my door when it snows... it happened with my landrover  >:(

Indeedy... makes it easy to get out as well... kind of like riding side saddle.. good fun when you get board on a long journey  :D :D

Thats typical of most people.

Ive never seen them wheel nut markers on a tractor before, smashing seat cover, should help to protect the seat.

I was about to say the same about wheel nut markers.

The thing is Marky people can play tricks with you and move them to make you think the nuts are slackening  ;D ;D

:-[ - I'll take some pics of WHAT I collected tomorrow then  :-[

Also... nearly forgot...

I bought a new (larger) connector for the return flow of the dry bollics today - the old 3/4 coupling was heating the oil up too much when she was on 100ltr/min flow.... I've gone up to a 1" connector - which is specified to take up to 300 ltr/min flow evidently  :-\ - Wanna see a pic of that as well ???

Fairly common on loader tractors around here with some of the bigger businesses... handy from a health & safety point of view if you are employing people really  :-\

As for the seat cover... I can't wait to break wind on it  ;D

I discovered tonight that the seat pivots about 45 degrees from left to right as well... handy little feature I reckon  ;D

they are indeed becoming a check now mate,every bt van has them now, and we are ment to check daily ::)

apparently your vans at work should be to if they are livered vechiales, and limited to the top speed of 70 as well

Blimey mate... I didn't know that  :o :o

neither did i till i got my new van, any livered van should be limited, from new for sure but also older ones so i was told, and all should have the yellow wheel stud markers, even if they are un livered??

get the jd pack for **** (im mean frank ::)) crome exhaust stack and leather seat and steering wheel and cab carpets etc ;)  wheel markers are abit "chav" (look at my nova 1.1 merit with big bore exhaust and boom box)

what lights you putting on compactor?

as for neighbours mine look when i come home on my tractor, they need to get out more!

wheel nut markers on a tractor........ ::)

your a rare kind mark ;):D

I think they are a very good idea accutualy, ok people can turn them round but all you have to do is check them if that happens, its better to check more that forget about wheel nuts and have a wheel come off (it happend to my uncle and it wrote somones truck off ::):-[ they were ok though  :) :)

my view is that they should only really be for more high speed vehicles e.g. lorry and van ;)

the way the vosa is going over here Matty Marjy could well be ahead of the game fitting them,  they are bringing in so many rules for anything that uses the road  sort that are used by employees its unbelievable,

my view is that they should only realy be for more high speed vehicles e.g. lorry and van ;)

why do you not think a 14t trailer loaded with grain/silage at 40k wouldnt do as much damage  ???, at the harvest i checked my trailer every other day

The thing is fellas... I'm employing some lads who no speakdy de English... Wheel markers translate into any language... In industry we have to make full and through risk assessments of all equipment and methods deployed within our business.. this seemed to make sense to me.. I'm not really that fussed what it looks like.. just so long as my bottom is covered  ;D

I guess this is the difference between being an owner operator (farmer) and employing multiple NON-SKILLED drivers  :-\

The thing is fellas... I'm employing some lads who no speakdy de English... Wheel markers translate into any language... In industry we have to make full and through risk assessments of all equipment and methods deployed within our business.. this seemed to make sense to me.. I'm not really that fussed what it looks like.. just so long as my bottom is covered  ;D

I guess this is the difference between being an owner operator (farmer) and employing multiple NON-SKILLED drivers  :-\

thats a good point marky, your quite right there, health and safety issues as usual

i wanted to ask a question to cj there but obviously this isnt the right place for it ;)