Ebay... Crazy prices... useful links etc.

THEBRITFARMER

One more point about this chap and then I'll shut up about it.

Ive bought a few bits from him in the past and he charges typically ?7-8 to ship to Southern Ireland even though hes in Northern Ireland.

Yet when he won a tractor from me he complained when I charged him ?4.50 - go figure.

That is the reason I blocked him from bidding on my items, I sold him an item and charged ?5 postage and he was charging ?8 on a similar item when he complained to me.......

Hi friends, I have this very old and rare FIAT 640. it is new, unplayed with and it is presented in a very accurate repro box. Have a look. IT STARTS FROM 1 EURO!!!! :o :o :o :o :o

http://cgi.ebay.it/Rare-ZISS-FIAT-640-NIB-No-Britains-Siku-Ertl-Gama-UH_W0QQitemZ170089246972QQihZ007QQcategoryZ17938QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Very hard to find.

Good luck. ;)

Ale

I think its safe to post this bargin that

i won

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=004&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=140080460415&rd=1&rd=1

what do you think  ;) ;)

im keeping the 784  you can make me a silly stingy offer on the other two inters if you like as I only wanted the 784 ;)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRITAINS-PLASTIC-FARM-CHICKENS_W0QQitemZ200087285868QQcategoryZ117196QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

:o Can't be worth that surely, I paid ?3.52 for a lot of 50+ the other day, chickens, geese, ducks, turkeys ::)

Probably about right Gav, that guy buiys alot of stuff on ebay too. They are the Herald versions and not as common, also there are 2 plump chickens from Britains in that lot (based on the lead mould) those 2 alone are probably worth about ?8 each.

Hi

They fellow who bought the 8340

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=004&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=140089203605&rd=1&rd=1

He's crazy, I have met him in person, and he's got a few screws loose !!!!, but you already know that when you look at what he paid for the 8340. But he's for real, not just bidding to put the prices through the roof.

Best regards

FarmtoysDK

• 2 weeks later...

I think some collectors need a check up from the neck up after seeing what some models are making on eBay right now. I saw two of Dave Towses models sell for mental money a few weeks ago, due to sellers describing them as very rare and might be the only one you will ever see. Well Dave can sell you a new Ford 7740 conversion at 45 pounds I think it was on his web site. The one I saw went for 150.00 smackerooos and his International 885XL conversion also available at a reasonable 45.00 went for over 275 pounds if I can remember rightly. If you know what the price of these models are in the first place you can bid a reasonable price and not go overboard like these buyers did. Great for the sellers though if you can find these idiots to run up the prices of what you are selling. Might be tempted to have a clear out myself now my other half has a new camera  :) and make a fortune ;)

I think some collectors need a check up from the neck up after seeing what some models are making on eBay right now. I saw two of Dave Towses models sell for mental money a few weeks ago, due to sellers describing them as very rare and might be the only one you will ever see. Well Dave can sell you a new Ford 7740 conversion at 45 pounds I think it was on his web site. The one I saw went for 150.00 smackerooos and his International 885XL conversion also available at a reasonable 45.00 went for over 275 pounds if I can remember rightly. If you know what the price of these models are in the first place you can bid a reasonable price and not go overboard like these buyers did. Great for the sellers though if you can find these idiots to run up the prices of what you are selling. Might be tempted to have a clear out myself now my other half has a new camera  :) and make a fortune ;)

If you visit the site often enough you very often see these items listed time and time again despite them apparently 'selling'. I do not want to lay any allegations but some items are 'run'. For example, one item I observed was listed as 'The only one I have left, very rare'. At the same time there was the identicle item listed 20 miles away from the first under a different seller name. Comparing these two listings the descriptions were almost word for word identicle, in fact, I found out that this guy had two of these items and he listed them on different computers. This is just an example but I know that it does go on and what is to stop their mates bidding items up, you will never know if it actually sold or no, especially if it is not re-listed for a number of months. I am like the proverbial elephant, I never forget.

Another time I found it happening again, on this occasion I 'asked the seller' the same question (on both items) and the answer I got back was exactly the same on both, Point proven.

You are of course quite correct in saying that research of the price of models is important, it's called research.

At the end of the day however, the old addage is, 'you pays the price and takes your chance'.

• 2 weeks later...

This chap is a bit of a rear end.  Have had dealings with him in the past - wont do any more.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

This man should be locked up in a padded cell......... I'll say no more.  :-X :-X :-X :-X

The Claas 836 RZ is a common model, nor rare at all, I can get them from a local Claas dealership in a Claas box for around ?13.

Just because the seller has'nt seen many does'nt mean it's rare, me thinks these people should get out more.  :(

• 2 weeks later...