Ebay... Crazy prices... useful links etc.

THEBRITFARMER

23 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

welcome to the weird world of ebay, truthfully your 40-50 euros was prob what it was worth, certainly not that price, even though it would be nice to get it .

Is it me or when I go to sell stuff on here and Facebook  not much selling and if I put them on Ebay there loads people wont them . I have never sold anything on ebay . Anyone able help me out bit 

2 hours ago, trigger82 said:

Is it me or when I go to sell stuff on here and Facebook  not much selling and if I put them on Ebay there loads people wont them . I have never sold anything on ebay . Anyone able help me out bit 

Luck of the draw really, you have to remember Ebay is a massive shop window in terms of numbers on there. However be aware of selling fees, they are very high!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, trigger82 said:

Not surprising in a way Cyril.  As Alastair said, the number of people window shopping on Ebay is far higher.  There is another aspect too, on Ebay, you get buyer and/or seller protection via the dispute system and PayPal etc.  I have bought one thing via Facebook - never again!  There are too many cowboys ripping people off and wanting too much money for things, you also have no guarrantee of how quickly it will arrive and how well its packed.  There is no feedback system when buying through Facebook - feedback is issued by a large proportion of buyers on Ebay - so it pays to get it right as a seller.  Once you sell a few items, you almost get a 'reputation' and folks are more likely to pay more.

I have been selling on Ebay since 2004 and while you do get some people who try to take the pi55, mostly they are good buyers.  It is easy to get going - the tutorials are all there from memory.  You can also look at other sellers listings to get ideas how to set a listing out.  My five top tips as a private seller are: firstly be honest with your description - if it has a tear on one end of the box, say so or take a photo.  Secondly if you want a certain price for something either start the auction at that price or make that your Buy It Now price - reserves are a waste of time and you pay for adding a reserve.  Thirdly, dont forget to factor in the fees (Ebay 10% on both sale price and postage, PayPal varies but I allow 20pence + 3.4% of money recieved).  Fourth, pack an item well to avoid damage in the post, I alway use oversized boxes with packing material.  Lastly, take advantage of £1 maximum selling fees which come up every 2 weeks or so (at the moment), this means you only pay £1 no matter what the selling price is - for example a £90 item plus £10 postage would only cost you £1, instead of £10.

Just my thoughts, probably havent covered everything and there will be other folks with thoughts too.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, AndyB said:

Not surprising in a way Cyril.  As Alastair said, the number of people window shopping on Ebay is far higher.  There is another aspect too, on Ebay, you get buyer and/or seller protection via the dispute system and PayPal etc.  I have bought one thing via Facebook - never again!  There are too many cowboys ripping people off and wanting too much money for things, you also have no guarrantee of how quickly it will arrive and how well its packed.  There is no feedback system when buying through Facebook - feedback is issued by a large proportion of buyers on Ebay - so it pays to get it right as a seller.  Once you sell a few items, you almost get a 'reputation' and folks are more likely to pay more.

I have been selling on Ebay since 2004 and while you do get some people who try to take the pi55, mostly they are good buyers.  It is easy to get going - the tutorials are all there from memory.  You can also look at other sellers listings to get ideas how to set a listing out.  My five top tips as a private seller are: firstly be honest with your description - if it has a tear on one end of the box, say so or take a photo.  Secondly if you want a certain price for something either start the auction at that price or make that your Buy It Now price - reserves are a waste of time and you pay for adding a reserve.  Thirdly, dont forget to factor in the fees (Ebay 10% on both sale price and postage, PayPal varies but I allow 20pence + 3.4% of money recieved).  Fourth, pack an item well to avoid damage in the post, I alway use oversized boxes with packing material.  Lastly, take advantage of £1 maximum selling fees which come up every 2 weeks or so (at the moment), this means you only pay £1 no matter what the selling price is - for example a £90 item plus £10 postage would only cost you £1, instead of £10.

Just my thoughts, probably havent covered everything and there will be other folks with thoughts too.

Good man andy that is spot on I very happy with that I give it a go next week then see how it goes . 

I have one of these. It was to commemorate being voted tractor of the year. There was a real machine painted gold and used on the stand at SIMA or Agritechnica. It was parked outside the reception at Beauvais for a while.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, trigger82 said:

What price would you put on it the lad is looking €100 euro does that sound ok 

Based on production of 2012 pieces, it doesn’t feel that rare. I guess I don’t have a feel for how often they come up for sale. 100 euros, feels on the high side to me.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JMC said:

Has anyone got one of these models ? I have one but would be interested to see another limited edition certificate.

Yes, I have one..... and until you asked that question, I didn't realise there was a certificate with it! Mine has been displayed in the box, so hadn't been opened until now. The certificate is taped under the plastic tray. You learn something new every day!

Pictures as requested. Also found a picture I took at Beauvais, outside the Engineering centre, I think probably after Agritechnica?

IMG_4790.JPG

IMG_4792.JPG

IMG_4793.JPG

DSCN4074.JPG

• Like 2