Ebay... Crazy prices... useful links etc.

THEBRITFARMER

• 2 weeks later...

Not quite the same league but I have been looking for an UH Fendt 415. You can do it as "Buy it now" for £13.99 from Toptractor

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UH-FENDT-415-VARIO-4WD-Tractor-1-32_W0QQitemZ230277324079QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item230277324079&_trkparms=39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A10&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1318

So why do people keep bidding for others and push the price near to £16  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Universal-Hobbies-Fendt-415-Vario-Tractor-1-32-BNIB_W0QQitemZ120289121068QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120289121068&_trkparms=39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A10&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1318

and the postage costs more as well  ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

madness you can buy the model direct off dave much cheaper :o

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260263195106

In the last few weeks Dave's had a few county models and  others on. They have all made on average 20 pounds over store price in eBay auctions as well so he's probably really laughing all the way to the bank. people obviously do not know he has a web site away from eBay and what the real prices are. My buddy said why not by 10 of each and list them over a few months for a profit.

I would not be lucky enough to get away with it and would end up with the deal costing me money. :)

am i missing somthing here?

is it becuase they think they are getting industal and red 135  :D :D :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRITAINS-MASSEY-FERGUSON-135-TRACTOR_W0QQitemZ380050617255QQihZ025QQcategoryZ117196QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem ???

I was going to bid on this Massey at lunch time but it was at 30 pounds then so said forget it. when i came home tonight and saw 55 pounds I laughed. This makes the one I got the other day for 23 pounds inc shipping look a real good  deal as it only needs a bonnet decals and exhaust. l bet the bonnet on this one is no good as well if it is on the wrong way as the front will probably be broken. I bet the seller was laughing all the way to the pub tonight. ;D

I was going to bid on this Massey at lunch time but it was at 30 pounds then so said forget it. when i came home tonight and saw 55 pounds I laughed. This makes the one I got the other day for 23 pounds inc shipping look a real good  deal as it only needs a bonnet decals and exhaust. l bet the bonnet on this one is no good as well if it is on the wrong way as the front will probably be broken. I bet the seller was laughing all the way to the pub tonight. ;D

I found one in a little local toy fair back in April that just needed the bonnet decal and an exhaust, which I had in my spares box, other than that it was mint, early one with the swept front axle. Paid £4 for it. (Chap had a mint TW25 as well, same money so I grabbed it).

• 2 weeks later...

I found one in a little local toy fair back in April that just needed the bonnet decal and an exhaust, which I had in my spares box, other than that it was mint, early one with the swept front axle. Paid £4 for it. (Chap had a mint TW25 as well, same money so I grabbed it).

Amazing... and someone got a real bargain here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220267555471&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=012

I know the seller to.. really nice chap and he must be gutted :'(

Perhaps prices have peaked for certain models and the lack of the bag of 'rubble' held it back a bit.

I think a lot of it depends on who is around at the finish time. I have had a few bargains playing games with world time differences. Most times I have set the alarm for 4 in the morning and been lucky with a good price.

The other thing I have been wondering is whether some people are buying toys for investment instead of paper company shares as shares can disappear over night and with toys you actually have some thing you can see and if it did go pear shaped you still have something when things pick up again. This is just a thought as prices are going through the roof and there seems to be no other logical explanation. The same seems to have happened with vintage tractors in the last few years.