BC's Other Britain's

BC

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye Paul really pleased with them all especially the older silage trailer. I was expecting another four yesterday as well but maybe they will arrive today or Monday.

Yes I'm very pleased with them James especially when the Blue Circle cement bag with granules was still there. I have only the cello to glue back on the tipper but even fumble fingers I can manage to do that...practice makes perfection...I suppose ;D  ;D  

A job lot arrived yesterday. Different coloured Twose digger and different style boxes of the other 3 models which I already have.

P1100760_zps96225e17.jpg

Nice handy looking box 8)

P1100761_zps0f6c6b88.jpg

P1100762_zps13b4a820.jpg

P1100763_zps77cedf2b.jpg

P1100764_zpsdf0771b8.jpg

Another nice wee haul there Bill 8) seeing that i can recall the Christmas mum and dad bought me the Superfaun harvester and a Ford 7710... the hearth rug instantly became a tattie field pulled by the 7710 and attended by a pair of existing Ford 6600's and Mf 200's. Happy memories from many moons ago!! ;):)

Oh yes very pleased with that "haul" Paul...do you still have the said models or were they scrapped due to the high hours on them  :unsure:  :huh: 

Unfortunatley they didn't quite last to retirement on the carpet farming enterprise, Bill they led a hectic few seasons and a bit of abuse too :laugh:  :laugh: although Mum owns a replacement pair in her Britains collection..... bought because of the memories from days gone by :)

More great additions Bill.  Particularly like the Twose backactor.  Unusual colour.  I think I have seen a similar colour in the set with Volvo/Deutz and front loader.  Will try to get the pics up.  

The decals look like the numbers off the MF combine. Whats your thoughts? End of line parts put together maybe?  

Yes I think you are spot on James on the 760 decal. I did think odd but I have not as yet checked my other Twose diggers or the ones I have with sets but I will need to do so just to satisfy my curiosity ;D  ;D

The Twose digger No 9536 was out from 1984 to 1992 according to my records :huh: 

And the MF 760 was out in various forms and boxes from 1978 to 1998 :huh:

So Paul I really am a bit confused now....but now then where are 

super6 aka Paul

and

stevestoys aka Shaun 

when they are needed since I think they have a far greater knowledge on Britain's models than me ;D  ;D

It's possible that the colour variation of the digger is caused by using up stocks of parts from the deleted Autoway range. I doubt it because, as James says, it was shown with a Deutz tractor and front loader system in yellow with 760 decal but with a straight leg chassis in silver/grey in the 1987/8 catalogues, yours being yet another variation I reckon. That would be a large stock of deleted model/range parts! We will probably never know why unfortunately.

The 760 decal was shown on the MF 200 trailer in the catalogue when first released. I have a yellow, I think, mini trailer with a 760 decal and possibly even the star as seen on one of the helicopter models

This is what makes it interesting

• 3 weeks later...

Archived