BC's Other Britain's

BC

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another one arrived yesterday...one I have already but with the red manure spreader.

Deutz DX110 and green manure spreader STRAW 

I thought the set with the Deutz and with the red manure spreader was out from 1979 to 1984...but looking at my records i have a green manure spreader no 9540 and they show it was only out in 1978 so is this perhaps an earlier set than than the one I have with the red manure spreader :huh:  :unsure:

I have a Straw box Deutz 110 in a Straw box and I have recorded it was out from 1978 to 1983...so maybe this set is an earlier....I'm calling on you un-named remaining Britain's "ones of knowledge on here" to keep me right ;D  ;D

P1110159_zpscc84d3b3.jpg

P1110160_zps24d25cfc.jpg

P1110161_zpse11a2d1d.jpg

P1110162_zps816e8fed.jpg

P1110163_zpsf06fcbc4.jpg

P1110164_zpscd6b5d67.jpg

"Ones of knowledge" they will be along later!

I don't profess to be an expert, but do have some reference material  ;)

9540 Manure Spreader came out in 1971, and is depicted as a coloured drawing in the customer catalogue in green. From 1972 to 1977 the photograph in all catalogues shows a red one. Changing to green in 1978..........

IMG_4710.jpg

I have owned this toy from new, but I cannot remember when it was actually purchased other than the latter half of the '70's, so most likely 1978 as per Bill's post above.

It reverts back to red again from 1979 to 2000 when it gained a zero becoming 09540 for one year only. Deleted end of 2000.

In 1989 the Ford /NH 9636 and Deutz 9637 gift sets were released including spreaders in either blue or green with white wheel centres/beaters/gears. Deutz set deleted end of same year, Ford/NH set deleted end of following year. That would explain why it is slightly easier to find than the Deutz set  :-[  ::)

IMG_5001.jpg

At some point during this time frame they were also released in blue with yellow wheel centres/beaters/gears

IMG_4709.jpg

With regards to yours Bill, the straw box was still in use into the early eighties, at least, it is only a standard outer carton with a dedicated vac formed inner tray and paper label. I should imagine that yours is one of the earlier sets boxed up using up the green spreaders from the previous years production before the red ones came on stream. A nice purchase. Is the tractor chassis a black/blue colour with metal lower links? difficult to tell from your picture/my monitor.

I haven't forgotten the police Helicopter!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice find Bill. Is it possible the seller just popped a spreader he had available into the box, making it not quite original?

I would like to think niot Chris since the green spreader was only out in 1978 so a much rarer individual implement than the red one. Given that an what Paul says below I would like to think it is an original factory release in a absolute mint box.

"Ones of knowledge" they will be along later!

I don't profess to be an expert, but do have some reference material  ;)

9540 Manure Spreader came out in 1971, and is depicted as a coloured drawing in the customer catalogue in green. From 1972 to 1977 the photograph in all catalogues shows a red one. Changing to green in 1978..........

IMG_4710.jpg

I have owned this toy from new, but I cannot remember when it was actually purchased other than the latter half of the '70's, so most likely 1978 as per Bill's post above.

It reverts back to red again from 1979 to 2000 when it gained a zero becoming 09540 for one year only. Deleted end of 2000.

In 1989 the Ford /NH 9636 and Deutz 9637 gift sets were released including spreaders in either blue or green with white wheel centres/beaters/gears. Deutz set deleted end of same year, Ford/NH set deleted end of following year. That would explain why it is slightly easier to find than the Deutz set  :-[  ::)

IMG_5001.jpg

At some point during this time frame they were also released in blue with yellow wheel centres/beaters/gears

IMG_4709.jpg

With regards to yours Bill, the straw box was still in use into the early eighties, at least, it is only a standard outer carton with a dedicated vac formed inner tray and paper label. I should imagine that yours is one of the earlier sets boxed up using up the green spreaders from the previous years production before the red ones came on stream. A nice purchase. Is the tractor chassis a black/blue colour with metal lower links? difficult to tell from your picture/my monitor.

I haven't forgotten the police Helicopter!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Paul the chassis is a black/blue colour with metal lower inks.

No worries on the helicopter ;D  ;D

Land Rover Series 1 Limited Edition Diamond Jubilee 1948-2008  LRO 1895ABNS 

Out only in 2008 and limited edition of 2,500

I already have one of these but being a limited edition and buying for less than I paid for my first one I just had to have it.

P1110183_zps546090d3.jpg

P1110184_zps12554104.jpg

P1110185_zps3a00e08b.jpg

P1110186_zpsfd589005.jpg

P1110187_zps5829a455.jpg

P1110188_zpsdd96c148.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I was reading on this months ClassicTractor that Britains are looking for their most dedicated collectors Bill. A prize awaits the winner ... every Britains product introduced  over the next 12 months will be awarded to the winner before they hit the market.. I think you can enter the competition threw facebook or email facebookcompetition@tomy.com.  So Bill ... go for it buddy.. or maybe you might have already.   ;)  :laugh:

I did see the article Justin and I  did think about it but they are looking for photos of the collection and there is no I'm going to try and get over 1,200 models in one photo ;D  ;D

I did see the article Justin and I  did think about it but they are looking for photos of the collection and there is no I'm going to try and get over 1,200 models in one photo ;D  ;D

All the better Bill. Its reason alone that will stand in your favour!!  ;D  ;D

• 1 month later...

It been ages since I have made any secondary market Britain's purchases. The one thing that is annoying me about this last purchase I could have sworn Britain's also did a cement mixer in a non Autoway box but maybe I dreamt that since I cannot find one in my listing. Can anyone advise please :huh: 

Autoway winget cement mixer 

P1110473_zps3fe5984b.jpg

P1110474_zps46cc7e03.jpg

P1110475_zpsd83b55b8.jpg

P1110476_zps6094887a.jpg

P1110477_zpse8ff6986.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived