1:32 Claas Senator...

Anyone got any Gaviscon? I just swallowed me chewing gum. . . . :-[

Now, I'm no expert and your free to tell me my opinion is cack and I know f all about combines but. . .

The let down as regards to the header I would say is the back beam. It still has the modern look to it. At the flick of an eye though, the work you have done to the end panels distracts me from looking too close. Is that a fair comment?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone got any Gaviscon? I just swallowed me chewing gum. . . . :-[

Now, I'm no expert and your free to tell me my opinion is cack and I know f all about combines but. . .

The let down as regards to the header I would say is the back beam. It still has the modern look to it. At the flick of an eye though, the work you have done to the end panels distracts me from looking too close. Is that a fair comment?

You mean the back of the table is too high? A fair comment... It's hard to find a photo of the back of a Senny header so I'm going to use some of my own Matador photos as reference. Hang on, I'll be back in a bit...! ;)

/m.

Couple of pictures of tonight's efforts... not that I spent too long on it!

Roughed up a drivers platform - the front is raised up to give the seating and control panels something to 'key' into so you don't see too many joins!

Also added the platform for engine access by the near side rear wheel and the blend panel for the ladders from the platform upwards.

post-1701-132638833649_thumb.jpg

First stab at recreating a scene from my childhood with a D-reg Matador Giant and an M reg Senator from the Ogilvie Estate in Aldringham, Suffolk.... many happy late summer afternoons and evenings in the late 70s sitting in the corner of the grain trailers whilst the combines came over to unload, being slightly scared and awed by the Matador which always seemed more forboding and slightly sinister compared to the more brightly coloured and 'safer' looking Senator and wondering just how long after dark a 10 year could get away with in getting home before the parents would get angry.  :-\

Night night guys...

/m.

post-1701-132638833664_thumb.jpg

post-1701-132638833673_thumb.jpg

By the hour Bill! Malc is unstoppable. What a story too, creates a picture as good as your photo's. For me it was a Massey 415 cutting and a 590 taking it away while the Deere 2140 usually caught up with the New Holland conventional baler :)

ladder is folded up in the second pic

Ladies and Gentlemen.... we have a winner!  I just wanted to show off the folding step ladder 'cos it took a bit of fiddling to get it to stop in the right position!! ;)

/m.