The Aughton Valley Collection

Moving onto the models currently residing in my Fastrac collection.

Starting with the 1/35th scale Joal 155-65. One of my favourite models in my collection despite the frustrating smaller scale.

DSC07650.jpg

Britains 1135 which escaped the car boot cull many years ago.

DSC01445.jpg

Not one of Siku's finest efforts, the rather crude 2150.

DSC01446.jpg

Britains 3185.

DSC01447.jpg

Britains 3185 mounted on plinth.

DSC01448.jpg

Britains 3220.

DSC01450.jpg

Britains 7230.

DSC01451.jpg

Britains 8250, my least favourite of the Britains Fastrac models/toys I have in my collection.

DSC01454.jpg

Siku certainly made up for the dissapointing 2100 series machine they produced with the updated 8250. A very fine robust toy that looks equally at home in a cabinet.

DSC01453.jpg

Siku 8250 silver edition.

DSC01455.jpg

Siku 8250 Blackline edition.

DSC01456.jpg

As I mentioned before there's plenty i'm missing from the likes of Britain's, Siku and Bruder aswell, in other scales too. I'm sticking with 1/32 scale models for the time being though.

This is a massive collection you have David and a big fastrac collection as well,you must have most of the 1/32 fastracs?  :-[

Thanks Jamie, it's certainly grown quite quickly in the last couple of years since i've been posting on F.T.F. I've always spent within my means and have thoroughly enjoyed amassing the various themes within my collection, i'm very proud of it. However if it's to progress any further or if i'm to continue to displaying "box free" I certainly require some more cabinet space. Whilst I haven't had a proper count up in a while I believe it stands at just over 300 models.

I've really enjoyed putting together the line up of JCB Fastracs alongside the brochures and the many photographs i've taken of them at events such as Cereals in the past.

There's still a few more 1/32nd Fastracs out there to acquire if i'm to complete my collection. I think i'm missing the following models:

Siku LCN 2135

Siku Sima Show 2009 8250

Britains 7230 new decals

Britains Gold 3185 on plinth. I wonder whether there was possibly a silver version too?

If any members know of any other 1/32nd versions out there that would be much appreciated.

I might well be looking out for some of the above models on my trip to Spalding this year. :)   

Britains Gold 3185 on plinth. I wonder whether there was possibly a silver version too?

There was, but sadly it only existed as a prototype.  A few months before the plated effect versions went on sale, Britains lent a couple of the prototypes to Graham Miller for display at G&Ms autumn 'Open Weekend'.  One of them was a silver chrome Fastrac (as well as a gold chrome one).  The silver one actually looked rather better than the gold to me, but Britains and JCB decided to productionise only the gold version.  The only silver chrome JCB they issued was the 1CX.

Great collection you have there - if you get all the brochures to match the tractors you have models of, that will make a fair old pile  :D

heres the latest jcb fastrac brochures david if you have not got them ,the big 7000 brochure is one of the best brochures ive come across,some great photos in that one

Thank you for sharing those Paul. Judging by the front covers of them they certainly look very eye catching. I'll keep an eye out for them at any of the shows I attend or might have a trip out to the local JCB dealer. I'd quite like to add a few more brochures to my collection this year to go with my models. :)

The majority of the older examples I have open out into a double page spread of technical specifications with very few photographs. I'll post the inside pages from a couple of the fuller examples with both photographs and specifications tommorow along with some of my other JCB brochures from both the world of agriculture and construction along with some of the associated models I have. :)   

There was, but sadly it only existed as a prototype.  A few months before the plated effect versions went on sale, Britains lent a couple of the prototypes to Graham Miller for display at G&Ms autumn 'Open Weekend'.  One of them was a silver chrome Fastrac (as well as a gold chrome one).  The silver one actually looked rather better than the gold to me, but Britains and JCB decided to productionise only the gold version.  The only silver chrome JCB they issued was the 1CX.

Great collection you have there - if you get all the brochures to match the tractors you have models of, that will make a fair old pile  :D

Thanks ever so much Clive and thank you for that fascinating information regards the silver chrome Fastrac. I probably assumed having seen the silver chrome 1CX on the forum they also might have done the Fastrac in that particular livery too. Truth be told i'm not a fan of the chrome plated effect models which why i've also bypassed the gold Fastrac before now, however i'll more than likely look for one on Spalding trip in my efforts to complete the set. Whilst I don't often go out of my way to look for brochures I'd quite like to match a few more up with models that exist within my collection. :)   

Thanks ever so much Clive and thank you for that fascinating information regards the silver chrome Fastrac. I probably assumed having seen the silver chrome 1CX on the forum they also might have done the Fastrac in that particular livery too. Truth be told i'm not a fan of the chrome plated effect models which why i've also bypassed the gold Fastrac before now, however i'll more than likely look for one on Spalding trip in my efforts to complete the set. Whilst I don't often go out of my way to look for brochures I'd quite like to match a few more up with models that exist within my collection. :) 

i think i posted a topic david of my fastrac collection,will try to get a link

Fantastic set of shelves you have for displaying your Fastracs and the variety of scenes you've created. They certainly look very well matched to the implements you've yoked behind them Paul, I think the 3185 pulling the Joskin is my favourite. Great stuff. :)

I've also noticed another JCB model to have escaped my collecting habits within your miniature scenes, the newer version of the Loadall. I have the slightly older version of the 526S and a whole host of JCB telehandler brochures to accompany it, both the rigid versions and articulated machines, i'll post them up to here shortly. :) 

Fantastic set of shelves you have for displaying your Fastracs and the variety of scenes you've created. They certainly look very well matched to the implements you've yoked behind them Paul, I think the 3185 pulling the Joskin is my favourite. Great stuff. :)

I've also noticed another JCB model to have escaped my collecting habits within your miniature scenes, the newer version of the Loadall. I have the slightly older version of the 526S and a whole host of JCB telehandler brochures to accompany it, both the rigid versions and articulated machines, i'll post them up to here shortly. :)

that would be nice to see david

that would be nice to see david

I'll post them soon alongside the two JCB telehandler models I have Paul.  ;)

Here's the insides from the two JCB Fastrac brochures I have that contain more than just technical specifications.

Starting with the 125,135,155 brochure. Interesting to note the machine featured is equipped with the older style grey bonnet.

DSC01488.jpg

DSC01490.jpg

DSC01498.jpg

Here's the two JCB telescopic loader models currently residing in my collection.

Starting with the 1/35th Joal 525-58 which i've had for a very long time. Another smart rugged model from them just a shame about the scale.

DSC01500.jpg

DSC01501.jpg

The Britains 526S which came from Pickering Steam Rally around 6 years ago.

DSC01502.jpg

DSC01503.jpg

Excellent collection you've got there ,

I must get around to posting some of mine up soon

Thanks Shawn. Certainly has become quite an addictive hobby over the last three years in the main. Thoroughly enjoyed accumulating all the various themes so far and hope to add a few more this year. :)

Looking forward to seeing your collection too when you get the chance to post it up.