The Aughton Valley Collection

great new purchases david  :)

Thanks Rich, delighted with my recent additions. I'm very taken with the ROS 110 - 90 ( linkage aside ) and i'm now really looking forward to anymore future releases from them and the upcoming Replicagri Fiat / New Holland releases. :)

nice new models david

Thanks Jack, very pleased with them, they're all now displayed in my cabinets at the expense of some of my less detailed models. I've decided i'd quite like to start a themed shelf with a few more yellow municipal/industrial liveried tractors in the future. :)

Nice purchases david, I like the plow city deere alot.

Thanks Patrick. The 8760 is right up there with some of my favourite articulated tractors I have in my collection. Ertl/RC2 have made a very good job of this one, hard to fault how the model looks compared to the real machine. :)

Excellent photos, really do the models justice!

Thanks Chris, appreciated. :) I put a lot more effort into photographing my models nowadays compared to when I first began posting on F.T.F. Some of my earlier attempts on here are pretty awful so I decided to take heed of other posters on here and use an all white background to photograph my collection against, which very simply is a small table and white table cloth placed up against a kitchen cupboard. I'm in the process of building up a complete photographic record of my collection this way as a reference.

I've also started use outside a bit more to photograph some of my themed line ups, it's an excuse to keep rearranging how they're displayed in the cabinets and also enjoyable to have them out every now and again as each theme grows rather than being permanently under lock and key. :)

My pivot steer Fergies getting the back door step treatment:

DSC07529.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The only machinery deal of any nature I brokered on my visit to Driffield Show yesterday was for the following three little ones.

Starting with the Joal Landini Legend 165 which despite being rather basic makes for a beautifully simple and effective representation of the real thing. A versatile shelf partner for either my Universal Hobbies Powermaster 220 or Joal Renault Ares.

DSC07636.jpg

DSC07638.jpg

DSC07639.jpg

Nice new additions, I quite like those Joal models. As you say they are a bit basic but no more so than Siku and quite good representations as well as being reasonably priced  ;) ;) I have got a couple of them already and I hope to get a few more in the near future, would quite like the Landini like yours.

Nice new additions, I quite like those Joal models. As you say they are a bit basic but no more so than Siku and quite good representations as well as being reasonably priced  ;) ;) I have got a couple of them already and I hope to get a few more in the near future, would quite like the Landini like yours.

Thanks Mike, very pleased to have found the Joal Landini. I really like it because it's very unassuming and much more subtle than the caricature boldness of some of the Siku "toys." Ok so it isn't equipped with wing mirrors, beacons or a usable rear hitch but it has a certain simple quality that looks just right especially for price at which you can find them for. I believe there's a couple of other nice limited edition Joal based Landinis out there based on the smaller Mythos model.

Here's the other Joal tractor I have in my collection, one I really wish they had chose to model in 1/32nd scale rather than 1/35th. Still one of my favourites from my collection though.

DSC07650.jpg

DSC07651.jpg 

• 1 month later...

Today I decided it was about time my standard model Case IH Quadtrac 535 had a shelf partner and bought the wheeled version for very little money from a local newsagents. Given the plethora of other much higher detail and exclusive models on my endless shopping list over the course of this year I haven't been in too much of a rush buy one. Despite the lack of a rear hitch or detailed drawbar the model is very well put together. Shod on super singles which are much more chunky than I first assumed the tractor looks equally at home on the shelf as it would in one of Paul's ( Paulali ) execellent dioramas for example. There's a few nice details inside the cab which have been picked out with the paint brush, although this is countered on mine by some fairly wayward strokes on the outside.

Having removed it from it's packaging and lined it up alongside it's tracked sister and dual wheeled older brother I decided to fiddle around with my camera again for a small photo shoot. By the end of it I came to one major conclusion, i'm in desperate need of some more suitable implements to display behind these land leviathans I have parked up in my collection other than the Britains Simba Solo, even if they only come out when i'm photographing them for sentimental posterity. I've briefly discussed this subject before in this thread, but if anyone has any suggestions as to suitable candidates that would look smart yoked to any of the articulated tractors in my collection by all means pass on your comments, they would all be greatfully appreciated.

Here's the 535 Pro set against various backgrounds and accompanyed by the Quadtrac and dual wheeled 9150:

DSC08712.jpg

DSC08715.jpg

DSC08704.jpg

DSC08705.jpg

DSC08708.jpg

DSC08710.jpg

DSC08701.jpg     

thanks for my mention in your topic david,may i suggest the siku lemken gigant cultivator,or how about uh's vaderstad 8 metre drill,or ros 8 metre horsch drill,i have the uh 8 metre drill behind a jd 9530t

Your welcome Paul and thanks for your suggestions. A nice drill would definitely be at the top of my most wanted list in terms of implements and the Ros Horsch is one i've previously looked into which appears to be a very smart model. I've noticed UH also do a slightly smaller Horsch drill too. I have one other idea for the Quadtrac, a chaser bin and match them up to the Case IH combine on tracks that RC2 have done. I'm not going to rush into buying them though, the tractors are still going to take priority in the cabinets whilst i've now got some extra cupboard space to hold any implements for photographic line ups.

Your welcome Paul and thanks for your suggestions. A nice drill would definitely be at the top of my most wanted list in terms of implements and the Ros Horsch is one i've previously looked into which appears to be a very smart model. I've noticed UH also do a slightly smaller Horsch drill too. I have one other idea for the Quadtrac, a chaser bin and match them up to the Case IH combine on tracks that RC2 have done. I'm not going to rush into buying them though, the tractors are still going to take priority in the cabinets whilst i've now got some extra cupboard space to hold any implements for photographic line ups.

,yes forgot the chaser bin,ive got the one from uh ,the perrard,great model

,yes forgot the chaser bin,ive got the one from uh ,the perrard,great model

Although it's less detailed than the Perrard, and more toy than model Paul i'm planning on getting the Siku Horsch example, hoping to start a Horsch theme in my collection soon. :)

Well it seems at the moment that I along with many other collectors are having our best wishes answered by the model manufacturers with a plethora of highly nostalgic and recognisable classics from the seventies and eighties being reproduced, capable of stirring the fondest of childhood memories. Being an eighties kid the introduction of tractors such as the Fendt 615 LSA, Ford 7810, terracotta Fiats and not to mention the forthcoming Fergy and International / Case IH to the world of 1/32nd scale engineering has been incredibley pleasing, given the real machines that have worked the land in the area i've been brought up in.

And here's another from my favourite decade faithfully reproduced to high standards recently by Weise Toys. The MB - Trac 1500 with it's wonderfully kinky nose.

I'll start with the real machine which brings back many vivid memories from youth. Here whilst Mum looks on, my brother and I try out a local lime spreading contractor's 1500 for size at Ryedale Show just over twenty years ago. This machine was painted in the same colours as the firm's eight wheeler tippers ( Fodens ) before a self propelled Ontop took over spreading duties. There were also two other 1500 tractors working close by, one of which was regularly yoked to a red and yellow Samson muck spreader which I remember being delivered to the contractor brand new.

MBTrac15002.jpg

MBTrac1500.jpg

Whilst here's the sales brochure I have covering the whole range which I picked up at Driffield Steam Fair many years ago.

DSC08915-Copy.jpg

DSC08914-Copy.jpg 

From the full size version to the pint sized example produced by Weise. A highly authentic and very well made model with working rear hitch, opening doors, and very realistic Continental badged rubber. Ultimatley i'd have loved to have photographed with a detailed lime or muck spreader but my Britains Krone Big Pack baler will just have to do for now. The model has immediately become my favourite Mercedes Benz machine in my collection and is also seen alongside my chunky Siku 1800 and the "bling" Schuco 1800.

DSC08926.jpg

DSC08917.jpg

DSC08919.jpg

DSC08920.jpg

DSC08924.jpg