The Aughton Valley Collection

Thanks for that David, a very fine model. A pic of the back end would be interesting if you get a chance.

A whole room to do what you want with eh :o

I get moaned at for having 2 cabinets in my house ;D

Edited by MDFord

Thanks for that David, a very fine model. A pic of the back end would be interesting if you get a chance.

A whole room to do what you want with eh :o

I get moaned at for having 2 cabinets in my house ;D

You're very welcome Mark, i'll take some more photographs of it tommorow for you. :)

I'm really greatful for being allowed to "decorate" an entire room with model tractors, and fortunate that my Mum and Dad retired to a property with the space to allow me to do so. :)

Blown away by your collection David, so much to look at what a joy to own.

Thanks ever so much Oliver, appreciate your very kind comments. I'm very proud of it, especially now that it's headed in exactly the direction I'd like it to evolve. When I first started collecting again I had no real goal or much clue what it was going to look like. I felt like I was in a mad rush to purchase anything and everything to fill out my collection that  I had very little or no connection to. I became bored and lost a lot of the enjoyment I was having. That's why i'm so glad I chose to sell off nearly all of my modern general release models to focus largely on gathering up custom made classics.

The other main aspect of enjoyment for me when it comes to collecting is being able to display the majority of my models out in the open. Whilst I do keep most of the boxes the models come in i'm not very sentimental towards packaging. I currently have roughly 250 models out on display out of around 300 or so that I still own. As i've said to many people before, i'd much rather have my pennies tied up in model tractors than sat in the bank. :)   

I love to see other peoples models I don't collect myself well I have a couple, you could say I am controlled.

Whilst i've certainly got the collecting bug I still don't spend over and above my means. Most of the models I purchased for my collection last year were as a result of selling off most of my modern stuff and reinvesting the funds in what you see now. 

Thanks for the extra pics David, Daylight certainly shows the model off to it's best - what a lovely 5000, fantastic and accurate detail  8)

You're very welcome Mark. Glad to have been of assistance. Whilst I don't have the skill and patience required to build them myself, I absolutely love Nigel's kits and have really enjoyed adding them to my collection. :)

great collection you have amassed in the past years, great to see them displayed so nicely! of course the new Blue dedicated one gets my thumbs up, wish i had mine displayed so nicely..

btw that room is getting full ;)

Thank you ever so much Wil. Very impressed with my latest cabinet, I could just do with finding a couple more like it. The shelves have decent depth to them and it doesn't feel overly crowded either. Chuffed to bits with how I have each of the individual themes displayed at the moment. It's something I take great time and pride in doing, lining everything up as neatly as possible. It's all part of the enjoyment. :)

btw that room is getting full ;)

Good job I have another room to play in. ;) It's going to take me a very long time maximise all of the space I have available in my current little "den." :)

Great Pictures Of Your Collection Nice To See Other Peoples Collection.More Cabinets Needed?

Thanks ever so much Steve, thoroughly enjoyed sharing my collection on the forum as it's evolved over the past few years. I still have a few gaps left to fill in my current cabinets which will take time, but my long term goal is certainly to invest in further cabinets as my favourite themes grow. Thanks again for your kind comments. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a small selection of photographs showing the most recent additions to my collection. I will aim to have much better and sharper photographs of them all taken outside in natural lighting with some of their "shelf partners" in the next few days.

All lined up together before they're added to my cabinets.

P1270036_zpsa0800bab.jpg

This Miniagripassion John Deere 4240S joins my 4440 HFWD example. Delicate they maybe but both of my examples have been very well packaged. Absolutely fantastic collector's models. I'm now rather keen to add some 2wd variations to my collection in the future.

P1270030_zps452ed02d.jpg

Looking like it's spent the day yoked to a slurry tanker this Universal Hobbies Massey Ferguson 3080 becomes the tenth modified 3000 series tractor to join my collection. Wonderfully weathered by Peter Hardy.

P1270028_zps6b92b6f3.jpg

Purchased to join my existing Fiatagri G240 is this slightly later New Holland G170. Another cracking model from ROS only let down by that annoying coil from the cab to the flashing beacon.

P1270026_zpsc256ce01.jpg

I decided to pay my Super Q cabbed Ford collection some attention on Sunday with these very smart Stephen Frater conversions being purchased to add to the higher horsepower end of this line up.

Starting with this County 1474 conversion. I remember seeing a 1474 with this type of cab in Classic Tractor magazine many moons ago. I believe it had come over from Ireland and was in the hands of Scottish collector William Fernie.

P1270008_zps4ffa7915.jpg

They may not be everyone's cup of tea but I absolutely love big 2wd tractors, the main reason why these 8730 and TW-25 Gen II models now have spaces ready for them in one of my cabinets. The plan now is to add further 2wd TW tractors to this part of my collection.

P1270007_zpsc00f001f.jpg  

• Like 1

I also added another Roadless model to my fleet in the shape of this wonderful Scaledown New Performance Super Major from Ken Davies.

P1270002_zps198438bb.jpg

Having gathered up a good number of 4WD Ford conversion models from both Roadless and County stables I couldn't resist on Sunday but start a new blue 4wd theme of the tandem variety. It comes in the shape of this Doe 150 tractor beautifully constructed by Ken Davies. This is definitely one of my favourite models in my collection.

P1270003_zpsa7190ccb.jpg

P1260999_zps79a3b54b.jpg

P1270001_zpsdc489e8f.jpg

Last but not least....DBP Ford tractors to the fore! I found it impossible to resist bringing home yet more of Dave's very fine models via Bazza's stand to add to my collection on Sunday. I now have sixteen DBP models residing in my collection.  

From left to right: 4600, 6700, and my pair of Super Q cabbed 7710 tractors.

P1260997_zpse0ca5fe0.jpg

The gorgeous little 4600. What a gem.

P1260998_zpsbe73cc81.jpg

• Like 2

Thats okay David. Your 7710's are identical to what we used to run before the Deere's came along :)

Nice one Will. I'm very eager to find a real Super Q cabbed 7710 to photograph now as i've only ever captured an earlier bubble cabbed variation. Fantastic looking tractors. :)

Good way to spend your money - most of those are investments!

Thanks ever so much John. Fully agree, whilst i'd never want to end up selling any of these I reckon i'm better off having my hard earned pennies tied up model tractors than sat in the bank. :)

• Like 1

love the latest additions david. i wish i had come to the show now, but i have made a plan and will be going to spalding soon so i was saving my cash till then. i like the look of that doe 150. she looks a stunner. looks like you spent a few bob mate- good on you. the map deere looks a treat as well. the scaledown fordson  roadless is on my radar and could be arriving with me soon. i have a track marshall 155 underway at the moment, and as much as i liked my track marshall 135, i felt it wanted a rebuild and a better paint job so i have stripped it down and am now rebuilding that aswell.hope you have saved some cash for spalding, it will be good to catch up with you. ;)