"Walter Derwent's" Tractor Photos Past and Present

The Tractor Twitcher

First up, my Uncle's current prime mover, a New Holland TM130 and KRM cultivator drill.

Pictures were taken after spectating on the Trackrod Rally Yorkshire back in September last year just above where my Uncle farms, unfortunately my camera's battery ran out just after I took these two.

It was bought around 3 years ago to replace a white roof Ford 8340.

DSC02761.jpg

DSC02762.jpg

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Least they hit everything they aimed at with that poor old 2650 :-\

Just what I thought, poor little babba!  :(

7810 is set on a wide track, what kind of crops do they grow there as I can see spud bulkers too. I like the look of that KRM drill, looks quite substantial for a suffolk coulter tooled drill.

nice photos there

Thank you JK, plenty more to come.

Just what I thought, poor little babba!  :(

7810 is set on a wide track, what kind of crops do they grow there as I can see spud bulkers too. I like the look of that KRM drill, looks quite substantial for a suffolk coulter tooled drill.

Not the prettiest 2650 you're ever likely to see, still acts as a useful yard run-a-bout and trailer shunter. It's a big mixed farm geared largely towards potatoe production spread across more than one location, can't remember the numbers. We had our District Rally there last year fantastic venue for it.

My Uncle's KRM drill is used almost exclusively for a minimum tillage based system, it's a very strong tool and is sometimes run with a front press. Some ploughing still takes place with a 5 furrow reversible Dowdeswell which is also earns it's keep contracting for some of the locals.

Hopefully I'll get back up there this year and take some proper photo's of it working.

Here's another view of the 7810

DSC01118.jpg

...and a much tidier looking 2650 taken at a local ploughing match many years ago.

JohnDeere2650.jpg

Fair load on that 2650 :o

Certainly looks like quite an imposing implement for an 80hp tractor.

Change of colour now, a pair of Internationals and Case MXM140 seen on my travels last year.

Local cricket groundsman's 856XL

DSC00871.jpg

An 885XL seen in a village near to the North York Moors.

DSC00872.jpg

Smart looking MXM140 on duals with a Kuhn combination drill and Farm-Force front press for company

DSC00875.jpg

That 885 parked outside the house is a fantastic photo, has a lovely spring time feeling from the tone of the sunlight and is a very idyllic and evocative scene... brilliant.  ;D... More of these please, they're all great!

Like the 2 earlier IH's there - good to see them still hard at work ;)

Agree Colm nice to see them still being relied upon to put in a decent days work  :)

Thank for your kind words Simon

I've just got to remember to look where i'm going from time to time  :D Always carry my camera with me just in case I find something sitting in a village like the 885XL or lurking behind a hedge back.

And seen as though we are on the subject of working Internationals how about a much bigger one!

The following photos were taken by my Dad in either 1989 or 1990 and show an International 5288 ploughing with a semi mounted 7 furrow Kverneland reversible right behind where we still live today.

It belonged to farmer from near Scarborough who used to travel the best part of a 40 mile round trip to work this 30 acre plot.

It was later traded in for a Case IH 1455XL and 5 furrow reversible with press.

International5288.jpg

International52882.jpg

International52883.jpg

That's me on the left and my younger brother James on the right.

Don't get many of those to the pound...  :o Great to see some photos of one of those things working, don't think any of that series were ever sold round here.... :-\

Now we're getting into it..... you're on the money now David.... why's the bonnet up though ???

[shuddup Ferguson...  ::);):D]

Don't get many of those to the pound...  :o Great to see some photos of one of those things working, don't think any of that series were ever sold round here.... :-\

Now we're getting into it..... you're on the money now David.... why's the bonnet up though ???

[shuddup Ferguson...   ::);):D]

Haven't seen another one in the flesh since then, seem to recall my jaw dropping to the floor when it rolled up the avenue passed our house.

I think the old Ford was just caught a bit off guard with the weather, unusually warm day for last summer, plenty more Fords on the way  ;)

Excellent pictures there and look at that turbo 956 in the background ;D

Thanks Colm, music to a young tractor fan's ears the 956XL, unfortunately my Dad didn't click the camera on that one but I do have a few photos of some others and the 1455XL in a draw, i'll be digging them out  :)

Some "Bubble Cab Blues"

Starting with a potatoe harvesting scene from my Uncle's farm roughly 20 years ago. Contractor's 8210 with Grimme Allrounder harvester awaits my Uncle's 5610 and 6610 with loader.

harvest3.jpg

harvest2.jpg

Harvest1.jpg

Ford5600.jpg

Ford6610.jpg

7910 on bowser duty at the World Ploughing Championships near Lincolnshire Showground

Ford7910.jpg

Another 8210

Ford8210.jpg

TW15

FordTW15.jpg

2wd Ford TW15 taken at Malton Show

FordTW152.jpg

that is some proper machinery you have there

looking well and some good photo's

Swear words removed

Nice few period shots there - pity I couldn't t that wheel from that KV plough :D :D

Thanks lads

I'm enjoying putting my scanner to full use now, between me and my Dad we have approximately 700 loose photos in wallets of tractors, plant and other related equipment, enjoying reminiscing. :)

Use a Sony pocket digital camera now one of the best christmas presents i've had bought, still learning how to get the best out of it though  :)

That plough was a monster compared to the 4 reversibles most of the locals were using at the time  :o

Archived