"Walter Derwent's" Tractor Photos Past and Present

The Tractor Twitcher

Bubble Cab fan heaven those last few pics mate........ :P

Looking forward to this topic continuing........ :)

Plenty more to follow mate, haven't had some of these photos out of their wallets in years :)

thats some impressive old kit you have caught over the years, i had the first 3 from my nans photo albums the other day, all fergys and 1 jd, just got to get the scanned, but theres lots more to come

Thanks Sean, as much as i'm enjoying the age of digital, you can't beat thumbing through piles of old photos or flicking through albums. Looking forward to seeing some of your pictures :)

we have a bubble cab 7610 2wd ..a reg  on a keenan 140  ..its a good tractor, starts no problem

Sounds like a lovely tractor mate, my Uncle's had several bubble cabbed versions over the years before buying an AP cabbed 7610 4wd.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

be up soonish mate, others are on the way, but my uncles only just cleared the house, has arround 50 photoalbums from 58  years odd to sort through, although she did date them, so he can find the 70's upwards easy enough 

Crikey that sounds like a fantastic archive Sean  :o , looking forward to seeing them  :)

Some wonderful blues there  :-* The 82 on the spud lifter looks collosal compared to the little ones.  8)

Thanks Tris, collosal's the right word, certainly for young tractor fan like myself, at the time I thought it was much more powerful than it actually was, cracking looking tractor :)

Harvest4.jpg

(Uncle stage left, followed by my brother then myself in the centre)

Something slightly different. Every August Pickering grounds to a stand still when the Traction Engine Rally comes to town. Some of the locals loathe it, I on the other hand love it :)

Work permitting I always try and head down on the Saturday evening to take in the festivities with some like minded friends and wander down to the show ground later on.

If time allows I try and get back down on the Sunday and take photos of all the static tractors and machinery.

Here's a selection of photos from the Saturday night last summer from in town then the tractor pulling contest that takes place all night, before heading to real ale tent for a beer or two.

David Brown 990 heading down "Smiddy Hill."

DSC01732.jpg

Field Marshall (Not sure which series)

DSC01731.jpg

The tractor pulling arena.

DSC01734.jpg

MF 590 with a Perkins V8 from an MF combine harvester.

DSC01742.jpg

Modified special.

DSC01741.jpg

Leyland 285

DSC01737.jpg

Leyland 285 on the sledge.

DSC01738.jpg

New Holland T7000 series towing back the sledge.

DSC01733.jpg

Very tidy Massey Ferguson 1250 busy topping up the steamers.

DSC01754.jpg

some nice looking machines there  :) like the 8210 its like 1 of ours ,the other one is a super q ;) i love tractor pulling i wished they still came down to carmarthen :'(

Thanks Rich,

Would love to see some photos of your machines, why do they no longer have tractor pulling down your way?

Here's an 8210 with Super Q cab taken at the Yorkshire Vintage Association's show at Newby Hall near Ripon

DSC01259.jpg

Next set of pictures come from Newby Hall near Ripon, one of the best "static" shows i've been to last June, great venue and really well laid out.

First up the "Fergies."

DSC01289.jpg

35X

DSC01279.jpg

Pair of 135s

DSC01364.jpg

DSC01281.jpg

DSC01294.jpg

188 4wd Four Wheel Traction conversion.

DSC01295.jpg

Tidy looking 3080 Autotronic

DSC01234.jpg

love the 2 165's the back one with the green cab, i have a pic of me stood beside one exactly the same, agged arround 5ish, mk1 version ,never seen that cab on the other mind, looks almost duncan in make, but aint sure, ours was flexi cabbbed

I think it is a Ducan cab on the one in the fore ground Sean, and I think the one that escaped my camera lens has a Lambourn fitted, but i'm certainly no expert on cabs.

indeed the green cabs a lambourne one mate,really must get my first pics scanned to be honest, i cant really remember that one to be honest only the later mk2 one we had, as for the duncan one, its a werid looking one with only 1 door, only seen the normal 2 door ones

good tractors those 3080s used to put front and back mowers on them ( 17 foot mowed) with one pass

Sounds like a very impressive set up mate, the farm near York where I've spent a lot of my spare time and days off still run a very smart 3085 and also used to run a 3095, driven them both and enjoyed every minute of them. The 3095 was later traded in for a 6290. ( Photos soon )

used to have international 956xl on a b plate .. it would go anywere .hell of a good tractor, never ran or got stuck

Fantastic sounding and looking, photographed a few at various ploughing matches over the years, always been impressed.

indeed the green cabs a lambourne one mate,really must get my first pics scanned to be honest, i cant really remember that one to be honest only the later mk2 one we had, as for the duncan one, its a werid looking one with only 1 door, only seen the normal 2 door ones

Wish I'd taken a photo of the other one now, didn't miss many during the day, it's about time you got your scanner cranked over :)

some nice looking machines there  :) like the 8210 its like 1 of ours ,the other one is a super q ;) i love tractor pulling i wished they still came down to carmarthen :'(

O i know Rich, it was awesome, pity they dont come down  :-[  Really good pics by the way, some nice pics of the old fords  ;D

mrs broke ours, so waiting on a replacement from her work ones spare just not got home yet

Hope you get sorted out soon mate.

O i know Rich, it was awesome, pity they dont come down  :-[  Really good pics by the way, some nice pics of the old fords  ;D

Thanks Rhys

It's a good do at Pickering on the Saturday evening and i'm sure some of the welsh enthusiasts have come over in the past with some pretty interesting creations, theres always something different turns up each year to have a go and the commentator never changes, every year, every run...

"Diesel by the lump ladies and gentlemen."

cool to see pictures of the farming in the 80's . more of them please

Thanks ksp, more on the way, although nothing as impressive as those slurry tankers you've taken :) , biggest one near where I live is a twin axle Hi -Spec ( not sure what size ) pulled by either a Renault 106 -54 or John Deere 6520.

Awsome pictures, lots of Fords good stuff  :o;)

Erik.

Thanks Erik, more Fords and a bit more besides on the way :)

Regards

David

Archived