"Walter Derwent's" Tractor Photos Past and Present

The Tractor Twitcher

Simply brilliant all those old pictures! Lovely to see  8).

Thank you Arcane, plenty more on the way, noticed the topic you posted of those stunning brass made Amac harvesters, I have a couple of pictures of the Vista cabbed version on rubber tracks I spotted in a field near Driffield i'll post soon in my other topic.

Regards

David

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a selection of New Holland machines past and present. Firstly from 2002 at Russell's farm machinery yard, the Wold Tops and from the British National Ploughing Championships that year, followed by the latest offerings from my trip to Cereals in '08.

TS115 sat next to a 6410

NewHollandTS115.jpg

8560 and New Holland 658 Baler.

NewHolland8560.jpg

New TM140 in Russell's yard.

NewHollandTM140.jpg

TM155 at British National Ploughing Championships near Doncaster.

NewHollandTM155.jpg

T4040

DSC01555.jpg

T6050

DSC01441.jpg

T6080

DSC01444.jpg

T7050

DSC01443.jpg

Patriotic T7050

DSC01438.jpg

T9060

DSC01440.jpg

Thank you Arcane, plenty more on the way, noticed the topic you posted of those stunning brass made Amac harvesters, I have a couple of pictures of the Vista cabbed version on rubber tracks I spotted in a field near Driffield i'll post soon in my other topic.

Regards

David

That would be very nice! The only UK pictures of this potato harvester I have seen are in Agrihold's website. I am looking forward to see some more nice pictures from the archives!

That would be very nice! The only UK pictures of this potato harvester I have seen are in Agrihold's website. I am looking forward to see some more nice pictures from the archives!

Thank you Niels, more on the way, i've now posted pictures of the Amac on tracks in my topic in "Other Equipment" :)

beautiful photos again

Thanks again JK, much appreciated.

Dave, you legend... officially one of my favourite topics... ;);D

Thanks mate, appreciated, tend to only get called a legend when I'm dancing like a drunken fool, hopeless with my feet  :D

Great pictures once again David  ;D, 3070 looks very tidy  ;)

Thanks Rhys, it's a nice little tractor, it's still on the same farm today although now it spends most of it's time on much wider boots either fertiliser spreading or pulling an old Chafer trailed sprayer.

Now for a different shade of red and a selection of International / Case International 844XLs and 856XLs taken at various places and ploughing matches over the years.

CaseIH844XL2.jpg

CaseIH844XL.jpg

International856XL.jpg

CaseIH856XL.jpg

CaseIH856XL2.jpg

CaseIH856XL3.jpg

Now for a selection Massey Ferguson 6100 series tractors taken over the years.

First up a tidy 6150 with loader that turned up at York machinery sale.

MF6150.jpg

6170 and 6180 tractors seen at local ploughing matches.

MF6170.jpg

MF6180.jpg

Now for the first photo from the farm near York i've spent quite a bit of my spare time on in the last few years. Taken in 2005 it show's a 6190 hired in at short notice when the farm's main ploughing tractor, a Renault 120.54 broke it's gearbox, more pictures of this tractor and others from the farm soon.

MF6190.jpg

mmm fergys, don't see many 6150's arround do you, know of 1 down this way on a dartmoor farm, but thats it, most people went 6170 upwards with them

Very true and a very similar story around here Sean, haven't seen many 6150s at all. Most of the "fergy run farms" around here plumped for the 6170 when the 6100 series came out to replace 3080s, 3085s and 3095s.

only other one i have seen was in ct mag last year?? in a farms fleet, they had turboed it, bought it as its compact ,but gutsy from memory

Do vaguely recall that tractor, I think it was from further North, Northumberland possibly? But I could be thinking of another tractor entirely. The only other 2 i've seen were both employed on potatoe work.

I've had a go in a smaller 2wd 6130 before at Askham Bryan College, very nice nimble machine :)

Now for a tidy trio of 399s.

Myself stood in front of a very smart red roofed 2wd model along side a Marshall 802 at the end of a ploughing match.

MF3992.jpg

Bright as a button 4wd version at the same match as the 6180.

MF399.jpg

Finally a tidy example taken at York machinery sale.

MF3993.jpg

Now for a selection of Deutz Agrotrons older and new models. First three come from the World Ploughing Championships in 2000 near Lincolnshire Showground and Cereals 2003. Shown are a 160 ploughing with a Franquet? front press followed by a pair of 260 models.

Final three of the latest series and styling were taken at Cereals 2008.

DeutzAgrotron.jpg

DeutzAgrotron2.jpg

DeutzAgrotron3.jpg

DSC01447.jpg

DSC01448.jpg

DSC01449.jpg

I am beginning to like these Deutz tractors since driving one in NZ on a silage stack.

In the last photo that tractor is only a 4cyl 100hp machine, the two guys are really Hobbits. ... relatives of mine too!! :D

I am beginning to like these Deutz tractors since driving one in NZ on a silage stack.

In the last photo that tractor is only a 4cyl 100hp machine, the two guys are really Hobbits. ... relatives of mine too!! :D

There's a few on farms round hear especially nearer the coast as there's a dealer about 10 miles away from here, never had the opportunity to have a "play" on one before, from the outside though I prefer the styling of the older Agrotrons.

Would have liked to have seen one of the big X series tractors on the demo plots, monster of a machine :D

Here's some working photographs from Cereals 2008 of a John Deere 7530 followed by a pair of older 20 series tractors.

DSC01469.jpg

DSC01471.jpg

DSC01473.jpg

DSC01474.jpg

DSC01453.jpg

DSC01530.jpg

Cracking post...some lovely vintage and classic tractors there ;) ;)

Thank you BC, although I probably do have more of a penchant for classics from early 80's through to the early nineties, i'm just as fascinated with tractors and machinery of all ages. I have quite a few photographs of many of the early pioneering tractor designs, such the Ivel, Hornsby and Marshall Colonial which I'll post in here at some point. :) 

Now red is not my colour but I must admit you have come across some tidy gear there ;)

Keep them coming.

Tris K120 is 120hp not 100 ;D ;D

Thank you Colm, there's quite a mix of colours being used near me, all of the major manufacturers are represented by dealer's quite close to each other around here. :)

I've got to admit although there's quite a bit of blue in my blood, that hired in MF 6190 was a cracking tractor and was straight forward to operate for a novice "part - timer" like myself. :)

Now for a modern "systems" tractor, the Claas Xerion.

First couple of photographs of the machine being demonstrated were taken at Cereals in 2005, whilst the latter pictures were taken at last year's event.

ClaasXerion.jpg

ClaasXerion2.jpg

DSC01545.jpg

DSC01561.jpg

DSC01560.jpg

DSC01562.jpg

Thanks Rhys and Texas, now for a change from the modern machines and some photos taken of Nuffield tractors seen at Driffield Steam Fair last year in between the showers.

Universal 3, pair of Universals, 4/60 and a pair of 10/60s equipped with Winsam and Lambourne cabs.

DSC01999.jpg

DSC02004.jpg

DSC01981.jpg

DSC01987.jpg

DSC01968.jpg

DSC01916.jpg

Archived