"Walter Derwent's" Tractor Photos Past and Present

The Tractor Twitcher

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i like that marshall 802 , nice shape tractor

Great pictures  ;) il have to agree with Tractorbob, i always like to see marshall's  ;D

Thanks lads, here's a couple more Marshalls from a few years ago.

Firstly a 702 seen just down the road from where I used to go to school as a "little un"

Marshall702.jpg

More modern 100 seen in the static line up of a local working day 5 - 6 years ago.

Marshall100.jpg

And a couple more photos of Massey Ferguson 3080's

Saw this one at a ploughing match 15 years ago.

MF30303.jpg

Whilst this one on rowcrops was taken in a farm yard near York.

MF30802.jpg

Some cracking pics in this lot David.. thanks for sharing...

Sean... that's definately a Duncan mate.... Most I have seen are like that... it was the 'knock-down' safety cab that had two doors to the best of my knowledge  :-\

ah didnt know that as i said never seen that version before just the 2 door ones and thats on any tractor to not just mf

Great pics David  :o :o ;D ;D never seen a International b450 like that before  :o :o :o:-\ :-\

Thank you Simon, taken quite a few photos of B450s over the years, first one i've seen with white wheel centres

Some cracking pics in this lot David.. thanks for sharing...

Sean... that's definately a Duncan mate.... Most I have seen are like that... it was the 'knock-down' safety cab that had two doors to the best of my knowledge  :-\

Thanks Mark, more on the way, here's another selection of "scans" for the "Massey Massive" taken at various shows and working days.

135 at Newark concours show a few years back.

MF135.jpg

Never seen one of these before or since. 155 taken at the Tractor Millenium show at Newark.

MF155.jpg

Cabless 165 at Tractor Millenium show.

MF165.jpg

Another Duncan cabbed 165 taken at a working day near Whitby

MF1652.jpg

And for comparison, an International 523 with Duncan cab at a ploughing match near Northallerton.

IH523.jpg

Always nice to see a selection of Marshalls among the reds, blues and greens. That SQ 8210 is right up my street as well.  :-*

Thanks Tris, quite a few more different colours and shades of different colours on the way :)

Couple of pictures now of a friend's John Deere 6320 on fund raising service for the young farmer's club i'm involved with supplying muck to the residents of Stamford Bridge last year.

JohnDeere6320.jpg

JohnDeere63202.jpg

Oooo... some lovely MF's there David..

155 was a popular French machine - never sold in the UK... I've got the brochure if you want to see it I believe  ;)

Thanks Mark, that would be good, definitely curious to find out a bit more about it please :)

...and here's the machine that was sat behind the 155 an equally smart 148

MF148.jpg

why has he painted the front grill and wheels of that 165 that chassis grey, all that effort doing the rest and hes done that to it :( :(

Doesn't look half as pretty as what it should do mate, good to see it working though.

That 148 looks lovely  ;D

Haven't seen many 148s (seen a few at York machinery sale in fairly average condition), this one looked very well restored along side the 155.

After all this red time for some more blue and a pair of New Holland Ford 8360s.

First one was taken near Scarborough quite a few years ago, whilst the second one, on the move, had just delivered a load of fodder beet to a farm in a village just outside of Pickering.

NewHolland8360.jpg

Ford8360.jpg

Selection of photos of products from White Farm Equipment's portfolio, common platforms and badge engineering to the fore in the late 60's, early 70's.

Taken at Pickering Traction Engine Rally and Millenium show, Newark.

Oliver 1800

Oliver1800.jpg

Cockshutt 1900

Cockshutt1900.jpg

Oliver 1950

Oliver1950.jpg

Cockshutt 1950

Cockshutt1950.jpg

Later model White 1870 seen at Scampston Hall near Malton.

White18702.jpg

White1870.jpg

ill find some topics of my machines  ;) it was involving money issues i heard  :-\ :'( used to love watchin desperate dan and red alert showing how it should be done  :D   :D:)

silage kit  ;):)

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=8623.0

a bit of everything  ;):D:)

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=17515.0

Crikey where to start  :o  :) Some absolutely superb kit you have in both those topics Rich, thanks for sharing. Some real  proper classics. Love the Super Q 8210 and 7840. I'll have to get scanning the pictures I have from the farm i've been lucky enough to go and "play" on for the last few years in my spare time, they ran a really nice 3095 for a while, and also hire in a pair of K -Two spreaders each year to do all their spreading.

Nice to see some pictures of plant too, my Dad left the farm my Uncle now runs in Dalby to persue a career in operating plant and civil engineering and has driven quite an interesting variety of machines in the 40 years he's been doing it, bit of a Bulldozer man at heart he is, i'll post some picture's up in one of my topics (not technically "farm talk" hope the moderators don't mind  :) )

I'd love to go and see some of the top tractor puller's in the UK, some friends of mine from the young farmers club i'm in camped over at Great Eccleston a few years back and told me it was an awesome spectacle.

Selection of JCB Fastracs, old and new.

Firstly a set of "65" series tractors taken at the Great Yorkshire Show and a local ploughing match.

JCB155652.jpg

JCB15565.jpg

JCB18565.jpg

Secondly some of the lastest Fastracs taken on my annual trip to Cereals at Sleaford last year.

DSC01476.jpg

DSC01479.jpg

DSC01495.jpg

DSC01494.jpg

DSC01484.jpg

DSC01482.jpg

DSC01488.jpg

DSC01485.jpg

DSC01490.jpg

DSC01486.jpg

DSC01492.jpg

DSC01493.jpg

great phots and thanks for sharing them

Thanks JK

More great pictures here mate, love those 8360's........ :P :P

Thanks mate, they are rather nice, the lower of the two lives about 4 miles away from me, hopefully will have some more photos of it this year  :)

Great pictures mate love them 155-65 reminds me of my mates one

Thank you Pingu, they do look impressive especially with big boots on, not many of the bigger ones  around near me, quite few 1135s kicking around though.

nice fastracks :o but still don't like the new one  :-\

Thank you johndeere3040, I'll admit I wasn't sure when I first saw them, but having seen them in the flesh last year I think that 7230 looks the business :)

Here's some photos of alternative "fast" tractors from years gone by.

Firstly a Trantor Mk2 seen at a brilliant working day at South Croxton.

Trantor.jpg

Early MB - Trac 800 taken at a local working day.

MBTrac8002.jpg

MBTrac8003.jpg

My brother and I trying a lime spreading contractor's MB - Trac 1500 for size at a local show back in 1989.

MBTrac15002.jpg

MBTrac1500.jpg

Lastly an OnTop Trekker taken at York machinery sale a few years back.

OnTopTrekker.jpg

Crikey where to start  :o  :) Some absolutely superb kit you have in both those topics Rich, thanks for sharing. Some real  proper classics. Love the Super Q 8210 and 7840. I'll have to get scanning the pictures I have from the farm i've been lucky enough to go and "play" on for the last few years in my spare time, they ran a really nice 3095 for a while, and also hire in a pair of K -Two spreaders each year to do all their spreading.

Nice to see some pictures of plant too, my Dad left the farm my Uncle now runs in Dalby to persue a career in operating plant and civil engineering and has driven quite an interesting variety of machines in the 40 years he's been doing it, bit of a Bulldozer man at heart he is, i'll post some picture's up in one of my topics (not technically "farm talk" hope the moderators don't mind  :) )

I'd love to go and see some of the top tractor puller's in the UK, some friends of mine from the young farmers club i'm in camped over at Great Eccleston a few years back and told me it was an awesome spectacle.

thanks mate :) the massey has gone now though  :'( she rolled , insurance put it to auction and it sold today  :-[ she was a good old bus fair play ,she had a turbo too so she was about 130hp :P;):)

my uncle terry is a big dozer fan  cat (D8's  ;) ) and ive been told hes prity good at working them too  ;):) we got a small international td8 and a cat d4 on the farm but the cat isit working so my other uncle andrew drives the td8 for leveling feilds and putting the camber on our tracks  ;)  :)

that tractor pull in eccleston is ment to be amazing as some europian ones come over  :) like the claas green monster and others  ;D

thanks mate :) the massey has gone now though  :'( she rolled , insurance put it to auction and it sold today  :-[ she was a good old bus fair play ,she had a turbo too so she was about 130hp :P;):)

my uncle terry is a big dozer fan  cat (D8's  ;) ) and ive been told hes prity good at working them too  ;):) we got a small international td8 and a cat d4 on the farm but the cat isit working so my other uncle andrew drives the td8 for leveling feilds and putting the camber on our tracks  ;)  :)

that tractor pull in eccleston is ment to be amazing as some europian ones come over  :) like the claas green monster and others  ;D

Thats a shame mate regards the 3095, hope everyone was ok, she looked like a very tidy tractor in your photos, used to love the noise the one I had a go in made :)

My Dad's a massive crawler fan, he started on a Cat D7 when he was 17 in a quarry in the Yorkshire Dales, he's driven quite a few different dozers and tracked loaders over the years before spending most of his recent time on JCB 3CX's and other similar machines in housing.

Like the sound of the TD8 and D4, had a very brief go on a D4 from the 40's and have had a go at trailer ploughing with an International BTD6 a few years back.

I do share his interest in big old Cat equipment and was lucky enough to go on a tour around the factory in Leicstershire back in 1999 where there was a nice display old tractors and dozers, i'll post some pictures soon, farm based ones in here and the quarrying, road building and site photos in "General Discussion" part of the forum.

Definitely need to plan a trip over to Great Eccleston, seen quite a few the top European teams on Eurosport before, Green Monster, Danish Fox team and others, would love to see them live  :)

Here's some photos of a Caterpillar D8H I took at Driffield Steam Fair last year, it belongs to a chap my Dad has worked for in the past.

DSC01893.jpg

DSC01895.jpg

DSC01896.jpg

Archived