"Walter Derwent's" Tractor Photos Past and Present

The Tractor Twitcher

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to some archive farming action and the first proper selection of photographs from the farm near York ran by two very good friends I have had the opportunity to go and help out on over the years.

They continue to run a mixed fleet of Fords and Fergies and have also ran Renaults and Internationals in the past too.

I'll start with some photographs from the blue stable and the LP cabbed 6610 they used to use. It was replaced not long after these pictures were taken by a later model AP cabbed version. It's also seen alongside a 7740 harvesting potatoes.

Ford6610LP.jpg

Unloading into the grader.

Ford6610AP2.jpg

Alongside the 7740.

Untitled-Scanned-03.jpg

Great pics  ;) is that a Scottish Aviation Cab on that fergy?  ;D

Thanks Rhys, It is a Scottish Aviation cab, seen quite a few grey fergies fitted with them over the years and i've quite a few photos of them fitted to other makes. One of my favourites with this cab was a fully restored Fordson E27N seen at a working day.

Here's another selection of photographs from Driffield and one from Festival of the Plough of a variety of Massey Harris tractors.

DSC01852.jpg

DSC02018.jpg

DSC02587.jpg

DSC01853.jpg

DSC02019.jpg

DSC02010.jpg

Some Great photos can remember going to the national ploughing championship in 2002 what a cold weekend

Thanks BigX500, I've been to 3 major ploughing matches in the past and loads of local ones since I was a kid. I attended the weekend at the World Championships at Lincolnshire showground in 2000 which was absolutely brilliant, John Hill doing the business for England in the reversible class and Andrew Morrison coming very close to winning the conventional title for Scotland.

Wadworth for the National match in 2002 was very wet and cold but still enjoyed it and I also spent all weekend at Crockey Hill in 2007. Although i'm a complete novice when it comes to ploughing, had a few gos with various tractor and plough combinations, I'm fascinated by the art of match ploughing and the machinery that's used. It has quite a following in the area I live, the Witty family farm about 10 miles away from where I live and most of the young farmer's clubs around here host matches.

First selection of photographs of one of my favourite tractors from the Massey Ferguson stable.

This very tidy H registered 3095 used to belong to my friends near York before it was replaced along with a broken Renault 120.54 for a 6290. It's seen here in 2004 on fund raising duties for our young farmers club. I've had the pleasure of driving this machine on several occasions, ploughing and hauling manure accompanyed by it's lovely engine note.

MF30954.jpg

MF30953.jpg

MF3095.jpg

MF30952.jpg

The farm my friends run is rented and divided into two locations at either side of a main road, "Ellers" farm and "Beach" farm where their Uncle lives. Here's some photographs from both, starting with the Renault 120.54 they had down at "Beach" which was the last tractor that was bought brand new to replace a 120.14.

The 120.54 was the prime mover on the farm until unfortunately it jammed in reverse whilst ploughing one day. The MF 3095 became the front line tractor before in March 2006 both were part exchanged for an MF 6290.

Whilst at the other side of the road at "Ellers" the farm's Ford 7740 basks in the early morning sunshine preparing chase after the farm's Claas Dominator 98s in the summer of 2005.

Renault12054.jpg

Renault120542.jpg

Ford77402.jpg

Ford7740.jpg

Here's a few photographs of the New Holland TS115 I found hedge cutting this morning not far from where I live. Spoke to the chap who was running it and he turned out to be a really good friend of the family and I spent quite a bit of time discussing all things tractors with him, great stuff.

DSC03268.jpg

DSC03269.jpg

DSC03270.jpg

DSC03271.jpg

DSC03275.jpg

Looks weird with the white roof :D :D

Certainly does look different Colm  :) The farm this is from has just bought a Roadless Ploughmaster 75 to help out with some land drainage work hope to go back and take some photos soon.

some very nice pictures

Thank you Pete :)

Here's another selection from Cereals 2008 from the Kubota and Claas stands.

DSC01554.jpg

DSC01550.jpg

DSC01551.jpg

DSC01559.jpg

DSC01558.jpg

DSC01556.jpg

nice pics  :) im not a fan of the painted wheels  :-\ think they look better normal colour  :-\ :) :)

Thanks mate, I do quite like the red centres of the Claas and Fendt machines, here's the Fergies I photographed, would have quite liked some working shots of the 8480.

DSC01497.jpg

DSC01459.jpg

DSC01456.jpg

DSC01408.jpg

DSC01455.jpg

DSC01518.jpg

The Landini tractors lok quite smart I reckon, I know nothing about them to be honest though. A lot of photo's you've taken mate, a dab hand witht he lense I reckon  ;)

Thanks Tris, I thought seen as my parents bought me the camera all £150 of it, I best make the most of it :)  Took in the region of 300 photographs at Cereals last year, should be going again with My Uncle this year. Hopefully will time my look around the demonstration plots better and take more working shots. New Fastracs were easily my favourites last year.

Have to agree, the modern styling of the Landpower and Powermaster tractors looks a lot more pleasing on the eye than some of the more common counterparts. Don't know much about them either, a friend of mine operates a smaller Ghibli on a stock farm, tidy and cheap little tractor.

Very good Pics mate.

I like the sltyling on the landinis.

I have driving 1 at the dealer to move it once. Nice tractor inside etc. But some of the metals look quite cheap. The foot throttle in fact was very poorly made etc. I spose you get what you pay for though :-\ :)

Very good Pics mate.

I like the sltyling on the landinis.

I have driving 1 at the dealer to move it once. Nice tractor inside etc. But some of the metals look quite cheap. The foot throttle in fact was very poorly made etc. I spose you get what you pay for though :-\ :)

Thank you Adam, can believe that, the Ghibli my friend operates was a much cheaper tractor, small change compared to some of the alternatives at the time, not a bad looking tractor though. :)

sweet love the 230 powermaster

Very smart looking tractor mate, here's some of the Valtra tractors on display at Cereals, silver and red.

DSC01467.jpg

DSC01466.jpg

DSC01508.jpg

DSC01416.jpg

DSC01417.jpg

DSC01510.jpg

Archived