"Walter Derwent's" Tractor Photos Past and Present

The Tractor Twitcher

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow they are class i like the cat

Thank you Marcus, if memory serves me correctly from what i've read in magazines the Challenger in the special livery was painted that colour to recognise the history of the first prototype models of the Challenger brought into this country.

Here's the first selection of photographs I took at Snainton Young Farmer's ploughing match on Saturday. Starting with the machines that were parked on the side lines in the unloading area.

First up, a lovely looking bubble cabbed Ford 8210, first time i've seen a 2wd model in the flesh. Followed by a Case IH 856XL and "Big Burtha" a New Holland T8050.

DSC03282.jpg

DSC03283.jpg

DSC03284.jpg

DSC03286.jpg

that nh is giving me and idea  :D :D :D

Possible conversion mate?  :)

A great topic to watch. You have made very nice pictures.

texas

Thank you Texas, appreciate the kind comments.

Very nice as always ;) never seen a 2WD 8210  :) and that case inter is a real beauty  :P  ;D

Thanks Rhys, seen quite a few 2wd 7710s in years gone by, but never a 2wd 8210.

Deja vu for this topic. Dealer Wilfred Scruton Ltd were demonstrating a JCB Fastrac 7230 with a similar Kuhn plough to the one at Cereals, one furrow less this time, but still made for an impressive sight.

DSC03438.jpg

DSC03441.jpg

DSC03442.jpg

I drove a 2wd 8210 between farms about 20 years ago it had a bulk seed trailer behind. Very unusual circumstances.....

I ran a MOORE UNIDRILL (Direct drill 4 & 3/4" spacing)the only one for many miles around, so travelled about 30 miles (?) to Fletching ( on my 7600 "Schindlered"4wd) to re-seed some failed winter wheat (their 1st seeding didn't germinate) that had had residual herbicide applied the previous autumn,so they didn't want to plough and lose that and besides it was February & the ground was frozen!! but that was fine for my modified/stiffened/weighted-up Moore (though I'd never tried it before into frozen ground, but was pretty confident it would work) and fortuneately the frost stayed in the ground the 2 days it took me to re-seed for them (otherwise it would have been a skating ring on the all-sloping fields,) About 40 acres I think. They bought their own MOORE after that, so good was the result.

Fascinating account from days gone by Nigel enjoy reading about others experiences with regards to machinery, both sound like tidy combinations. A chap up the road from me uses a Schindler axled 7600 with a loader as the prime mover on a small-holding, will have to try and get some photographs some time. There used to be a few Moore Uni-Drills working round here the older white, blue and yellow liveried models, I think they were 3 metre versions looked like very strong tools. They seem to have all disapeared now, only time i've seen a Uni-Drill since has been at Cereals.

Here's the other machine that was on demonstration a McCormick TTX210 with an old Dowdeswell plough. Alongside taking part in the match was an older MTX135 and Kuhn plough.

DSC03339.jpg

DSC03340.jpg

DSC03342.jpg

DSC03433.jpg

DSC03434.jpg

Some more cracking photos there Walter........That wee 8210 is a good looking machine........ :) :)

Thanks Martin, agree mate, fantastic looking tractor that 2wd 8210. My Dad and I got into quite a discussion regards tractor styling as we were walking round, he's a blue fan through and through but had quite a passionate rant when it came to the styling of the big T8050 dismissing it as ****, much prefering the styling of the older tractors. :)

Here's a selection of the more modern blues at the match a TL80, T6050 and T6080.

DSC03307.jpg

DSC03308.jpg

DSC03424.jpg

DSC03430.jpg

DSC03319.jpg

The new mc cormick is look great 8)

texas

Still not entirely convinced by the new "nose" on the McCormick but it was giving an impressive demonstration, could have done with a bigger plough on the back.  :)

Here's one of my favourite looking modern tractors, more tidy blues in the shape of a New Holland TM135 and TM130.

DSC03324.jpg

DSC03325.jpg

DSC03421.jpg

DSC03301.jpg

DSC03411.jpg

DSC03412.jpg

Some nice shots there David and some tidy looking ploughing from the Witty Brothers. I wish I could get mine to look like that ;) ;)

Thank you Bill, they plough to a phenomenal standard, i've taken quite a few photographs of their equipment and straight furrows over the years back when they were both in the reversible class along with their father Graeme. Might try and scan a collection of photographs of their machines over the years soon.  ;)

Pair of John Deeres seen at the match, 6610 and 6910 models.

DSC03316.jpg

DSC03418.jpg

DSC03332.jpg

DSC03426.jpg

First selection of photographs I took today at Helmsley YFC's ploughing match. First up a really good friend of mine and his Massey Ferguson 8160. He has already appeared in this thread with the little 3070 and kverneland 3 furrow plough, the same machine I spent an afternoon alongside the combine on.

This is the latest in a huge array of Massey Ferguson tractors he and his family owns. This is the second 8160 they now run and was bought from a dealer a few weeks back. It's on a P plate and has done 3700 hours, it's also fitted with a Zuidberg front linkage. Because they always buy second hand and rarely part exchange anything this is now just one of well over a dozen MF tractors they have which also includes a 6190, 3085, the 3070 seen earlier and no less than five big old 2000 series tractors including 2720, 2680, 2640 and 2620 tractors, looking forward to going back and taking photographs of the entire fleet.

DSC03481.jpg

DSC03483.jpg

DSC03484.jpg

DSC03485.jpg

DSC03489.jpg

DSC03490.jpg

Archived