spalding April 2009.... The numbers topic

Kiwi6920

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Right...to save confusion. I have locked the FTF Stand topic as it was only really to announce our plans for the day.

Concerning Saturday evening...

If we have the numbers which it looks like we do...I can begin the formal arrangements this week. I would appreciate if we could gather feedback on the options below though before I go ahead with bookings etc..

Option 1

No formal booking - Just gather at the pub next door to the travelodge when you are ready / You can order food for yourselves if you want feeding! They stop serving around 7ish?? / last orders at 10.30??(will confirm this week)

The Gardener's Arms is the pub next door and although its convenient - Its not the greatest pub in spalding (technically its a poorer quality, yet more expensive version of wetherspoons)

Option 2

As above but I will book some space in the pub for a approx number - for everyone to eat and drink.

Option 3

Venture into Spalding Town - Some nice Chinese / Curry restaurants then pub afterwards or home for the early nighters.

Option 4

If you want good honest British food, ale / cider. There is an excellent pub on the outskirts of Spalding (Cowbit - Ye Old Dun Cow). Taxis can easily be arranged if this suits.

Oh and this place does a superb set of mixed grills

The safari mixed grill - Zebra, Antelope, Crocodile plus many other (sustainable) exotic creatures!

The dunne's mixed grill - If you finish it, you eat free  ;)

Plus many very nice vegetarian options!  ;)

If everyone planning to gather on the Saturday evening could indicate their preferences, I can work around that.

It would not surprise me. It is certainly one of the best for good ale in the area. There is a similar pub "The duke of york" on the opposide side on the edge of town. It has everards ales, plus "The hungry mans" mixed grill. That dish has to be seen, to be believed!  :D

It would not surprise me. It is certainly one of the best for good ale in the area. There is a similar pub "The duke of york" on the opposide side on the edge of town. It has everards ales, plus "[glow=red,2,300]The hungry mans[/glow]" mixed grill. That dish has to be seen, to be believed!  :D

Sounds like a snack to me ;D