jdc's bit.

jdc

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Contracts coming in thick and fast  :D

nice new toy john, so how long from ordering to delivery then??? and i have some grass needs doing down here if you want a job sowing something :D :D

Did the deal in March and it's an 09 machine.

:D :D - I bet you are John... looks like a nice substantial piece of kit as well mate.... go on.. sow some grass or something  :D :D :D

Aye Marky it's 3.1t empty and will hold a tonne of seed no problem - how many acres of grass is that?  :D

john the button fell off my school blazer if you want to sow it  :D

tidy bit of kit there john, happy drilling ;):)

Always one.  ;D

very nice bit of kit, so when you starting a 1/32 copy ;)

The photos weren't really for you lot........ :D

not bad then 2 months near on, thought it might have been longer than that, is the seeder removable then so you can use just the harrow???

Not as bad as it looks, but more difficult than the Accord - 6 bolts, 2 pins and a couple of hoses and cables. Don't think I'll need to take it of though.  :) The coulter bar lifts hydraulically to allow power harrowing without drilling as well.

Nice buy there John!

Interesting to see that Kuhn have gone up to the 4 series power harrows now - so which power harrow are you sticking on the front now ???

I bet the Accord made good money as a trade in ;)

nice machine john will you be using the front power harrow as well  ???

I think I'll have to stick with it after the plough, CJ, but hoping to find something different to follow the Sumo with.

very nice John, its been a long time coming!!

1:32 model soon then ;)

TT calls me Mr Indecisive.  :) Model - hmmm, got a couple of ideas.  :D

Congratulations John,Awsome looking bit of kit.

Did you think about getting a subsoiler in front of the harrow? might pull up trash/raw soil with your tillage system? :-\

I've only got a T8060 Ol, not some huge american artic like you.  :D Hopefully the Sumo will subsoil enough....

Nice buy there John!

Interesting to see that Kuhn have gone up to the 4 series power harrows now - so which power harrow are you sticking on the front now ???

I bet the Accord made good money as a trade in ;)

I think the 4 series is the modified headstock, sideplates etc for the Venta. The newish one (3003) which is currently under the drill will move to the front and the 1991 vintage one will go back under the Accord (for emergency use!)

Wasn't offered a lot for the Accord, Colm, so decided to keep it, at least for the time being.

very nice peice of kit john, you will be desperate for autumn sowing to come along now.

your tractor fleet certainly looks well kept.

Thanks Big A - quite looking forward to it now as long as it stays dry.  :)

Do you use a hyd top link on the harrow/seeder to pull her in abit on the headlands? (Thats what my boss in Germany did)

How deep are you working the power harrow under the seeder?

sorry John....I gota know these things. :-[

I'm surprised you did not get offered much for the Accord John - any heap of scrap of one is usually €1200 over here with 12m tramlines and no markers. Have a friend who bought one like that for about €1500 and spent as much again on it getting all the markers set up correctly with its own mechanism and newer tramline box etc

Do you use a hyd top link on the harrow/seeder to pull her in abit on the headlands? (Thats what my boss in Germany did)

How deep are you working the power harrow under the seeder?

sorry John....I gota know these things. :-[

I've never used a hyd. top link Ol - sometimes on the headlands I just drop the power harrow in by an inch or so ( 'one hole' on the adjuster) as I suppose it's only working at about 3" - 4" normally.

I'm surprised you did not get offered much for the Accord John - any heap of scrap of one is usually €1200 over here with 12m tramlines and no markers. Have a friend who bought one like that for about €1500 and spent as much again on it getting all the markers set up correctly with its own mechanism and newer tramline box etc

That's why I kept it Colm, it all works and the markers etc are good,  so worth more to me.  :)

Looks a good bit of kit John, can't say I blame you for keeping the Accord as well, monetry value aside, as at least you could keep drilling if there were any warranty issues with the new one, which given new kit these days wouldn't be unheard of unfortunately

Looking great john, a wise choice by a wise man.

Kuhn too, good choice by my experience.

When will she be getting dirty? Bet we will see a 1/32 scale one soon.

Nice updates john. 

Looks a good bit of kit John, can't say I blame you for keeping the Accord as well, monetry value aside, as at least you could keep drilling if there were any warranty issues with the new one, which given new kit these days wouldn't be unheard of unfortunately

Hope not Gav - it's a Khun  :D :D

very nice John looks a sturdy bit of kit looks a perfect match on the the Nh ;D

She handles it no problem, but I hope the tyres are wide enough....

Looking great john, a wise choice by a wise man.

Kuhn too, good choice by my experience.

When will she be getting dirty? Bet we will see a 1/32 scale one soon.

Nice updates john. 

Cheers Jez.

If the drill is as tough as their power harrows, she'll be OK  :)

I've just finished drilling the grass and kale I had to do so probably not until August. :(

not a bad drill you have got your self there. i worked one this spring and they make a cracking job. also the electric calibarartion will make life nice and easy for you.

Cheers Steven. I'm looking forward to having a serious 'play' with the electronics etc.  :)

Had a call from a neighbour to spread some fert. on silage ground. As it was due to rain yesterday I thought I'd get it done. Renault was on the sprayer so put some weights on the 65 and off we went... :D

krm_1.jpg

krm_2.jpg

Nice view over to the Cheviot Hills from there.

krm_3.jpg

Is that 1/32 scale John? I'm confused whenever you post something.....  :D :D

Kidding mate, I used to work with a 3065, nice little reliable machine..... gulp, that was hard to say from a green man...

Archived